Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #127
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Made my choice in 2014, sold my 2010 SS and 2006 Corvette and bought a 3LT Z51 and never looked back.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 AM   #128
umatac1

Drives: 2015-Z06 2014-Z51 2013-ZL1
Very interesting. I own a ZL1, Z51 and Z06. The new Camaro is something special, I'm very interested in test driving it. If you always wanted a vette, drive it and see if it fits your lifestyle...its a great car all around. We daily drive a Z51 other than chirping brakes and the roof that need a part from GM to keep it quiet-minor noise, its awesome and always get comments on the car. The Z51 is really broken in now and it drives light-agile. I used to own many euros/imports-vette and Camaro won me over, to include selling my Porsche, BMW..blah blah.

The new Camaro SS design and features really come close to out performing my ZL1, I think that's great. I love driving my Camaro and now the new SS with mag ride, quad mufflers, lighter and LT1...this car is badass and I wouldn't be surprised if it wins many awards.

My choice would be the new SS based on what has been put out so far. I would mod it-put some headers and aftermarket wheels. The Z06 is great but it's really for the track if you want to maximize all it offers. What can I say I like American muscle.
umatac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #129
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
I have a C7 and like it a lot. No, make that love it a lot. You see 1 Corvette for every 50 Camaros on the streets where I live. It's brutally fast, will do more than 1G on the skid pad and is still a pleasant daily driver. As much as I love it, if the choice comes down to the $20K price difference, assuming that's not a barrier to you buying the C7, I still don't see how you can justify buying the C7 because you aren't getting $20K more car. Having said that, the Camaro doesn't have the cache the Corvette has and that may be worth $20K to you. It is to me. We will probably just end up buying a 6th Gen Camaro along with the C7. I'm thinking (hoping) that GM will up the ante with the 2017 C7.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #130
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
One other thought, it's much harder to get out of our Camaro in a crowded parking lot than the C7. Those Camaro doors are looooong.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #131
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by umatac1 View Post
Very interesting. I own a ZL1, Z51 and Z06. The new Camaro is something special, I'm very interested in test driving it. If you always wanted a vette, drive it and see if it fits your lifestyle...its a great car all around. We daily drive a Z51 other than chirping brakes and the roof that need a part from GM to keep it quiet-minor noise, its awesome and always get comments on the car. The Z51 is really broken in now and it drives light-agile. I used to own many euros/imports-vette and Camaro won me over, to include selling my Porsche, BMW..blah blah.

The new Camaro SS design and features really come close to out performing my ZL1, I think that's great. I love driving my Camaro and now the new SS with mag ride, quad mufflers, lighter and LT1...this car is badass and I wouldn't be surprised if it wins many awards.

My choice would be the new SS based on what has been put out so far. I would mod it-put some headers and aftermarket wheels. The Z06 is great but it's really for the track if you want to maximize all it offers. What can I say I like American muscle.
Sports car vs. muscle car, although one reviewer called the C7 a sport-muscle car.

Usually I'm really decisive when it comes to a purchase. I do my research and that illuminates the right choice. Not this time. I'm squarely on the fence.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #132
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
I have a C7 and like it a lot. No, make that love it a lot. You see 1 Corvette for every 50 Camaros on the streets where I live. It's brutally fast, will do more than 1G on the skid pad and is still a pleasant daily driver. As much as I love it, if the choice comes down to the $20K price difference, assuming that's not a barrier to you buying the C7, I still don't see how you can justify buying the C7 because you aren't getting $20K more car. Having said that, the Camaro doesn't have the cache the Corvette has and that may be worth $20K to you. It is to me. We will probably just end up buying a 6th Gen Camaro along with the C7. I'm thinking (hoping) that GM will up the ante with the 2017 C7.
The 20K matters in the practical side of my brain. The other side says get the Vette, because at some point in time I'll have to get one.

I could see buying the Vette and trading it in 3 or 4 years down the road for a Camaro to experience both cars. I have never owned a true sports car or a true muscle car, although the 2007 G35 I had for four years performed well.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote