Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #43
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
We'll my cobalt SS\SC is putting down 378 to the wheel with 333 torque, and I drive it like I stole it also. The only problem I've ever had was my temp sensor going bad. I've owned it since new, and now have 127k on the clock. Still going strong. I also have the foam cast block, not the sand cast that his HHR\SS enjoys. Don't count out the LTG just yet.

If the potential of the 2.0T is what you say the turbo 4 should sell really well. I might even be tempted.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #44
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
If the potential of the 2.0T is what you say the turbo 4 should sell really well. I might even be tempted.
It is. I'm actually going to upgrade my block with a sand cast GM Gen 3 ecotec bottom end for the added durability for more boost. ZZ Performance is doing wonders with the LTG and already has cams, valve train upgrades, tunes, and turbo kits out. So the aftermarket is already there for our pleasure. I actually feel sorry for the V6 guys. If the LLT, and LFX is any indication of what the aftermarket support will be, then I'll stick to the 2.0 for mod ability. You already have PFADT, D3, and ZZP offering turbo upgrades for the ATS. The aftermarket support rivals that of the LT1 already.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #45
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
It is. I'm actually going to upgrade my block with a sand cast GM Gen 3 ecotec bottom end for the added durability for more boost. ZZ Performance is doing wonders with the LTG and already has cams, valve train upgrades, tunes, and turbo kits out. So the aftermarket is already there for our pleasure. I actually feel sorry for the V6 guys. If the LLT, and LFX is any indication of what the aftermarket support will be, then I'll stick to the 2.0 for mod ability. You already have PFADT, D3, and ZZP offering turbo upgrades for the ATS. The aftermarket support rivals that of the LT1 already.
If I couldn't go SS I'd go turbo 4 over the v6 all day. Cheaper,lighter and who doesn't like a blow off valve. Neither will have a SS exhaust note so that's out of the argument. If only it came with mrc.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #46
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
If I can pony up the cash for a 6th gen I'll go for a 2.0T. It'll be fun to play with.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #47
kain279

Drives: 335i
IMO the V6 will be the "bastard" no one wants in this generation.

Sure, stock vs stock it will be a little faster than the 2.0 but I doubt we will see much of an aftermarket develop for the V6 (just like last time) and it will be very easy to add power to the 2.0t. Anyone that knows what they are doing and is planning on not staying stock for long will know this and if they are forced to decide between just the I4 and V6 the choice is simple.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #48
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
If you aren't planning on doing extensive mods, just a few bolt ons, the V6 isn't a bad choice.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #49
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
It's been 30 years since Chevy used a turbo in the camaro. It's time for Chevy and the aftermarket community to show all the V6 and V8 lovers that the turbo 4 has earned some bragging rights. Can't wait!
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #50
VF-22

Drives: 4 Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
I bet the 4cyl outsells the v6 2-1, at least. Should make some decent power too. Not a bad deal for what the car will be capable of. Stage 1 tune, downpipe, intake, would make for a fun daily driver.
Well whats the reasoning of that outselling? If it's due to people who can't afford the $1600 upgrade to the V6 and just want a cheap daily driver that's a good looking car, then that's not really a good comparison. The true measure is if they were both priced the same which would someone pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
If I couldn't go SS I'd go turbo 4 over the v6 all day. Cheaper,lighter and who doesn't like a blow off valve. Neither will have a SS exhaust note so that's out of the argument. If only it came with mrc.
The V6 exhaust note is bar none hands down a better note then any T4 will ever be able to make. No matter what, it's going to sound ricey or like a fart box or angry bees.

With the NPP exhaust the V6 will sound really really good...many V6's already sound really good, especially Audi's.

In the end, all the stuff being said about the T4 on this forum has been covered on M6G and most of those members have gotten rid of their T4s and upgraded to V8s. They upgraded, did tunes, added parts etc and end the end traded up.

You've been warned...lol.
VF-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
IMO the V6 will be the "bastard" no one wants in this generation.

Sure, stock vs stock it will be a little faster than the 2.0 but I doubt we will see much of an aftermarket develop for the V6 (just like last time) and it will be very easy to add power to the 2.0t. Anyone that knows what they are doing and is planning on not staying stock for long will know this and if they are forced to decide between just the I4 and V6 the choice is simple.
"bastard" no one wants?? A little harsh don't you think??

Again, and I stress...for those planning on only doing light mods, again, the V6 is the better choice if performance is a concern. I'm not saying it will be tons faster, but it will be faster. For enthusiasts like us, that may not be the case. Guys like us typically want the V8, or V8 like power on a budget, and that equals modded and tuned turbo 4 cylinder b/c many of us aren't afraid to take a chance on warranty.

But NONE of these cars are slow compared to normal every day drivers.

The V6 at just 350 HP will have very close to the same HP to weight ratio as the current L99 SS. 350HP shouldn't be too difficult to hit. Thats impressive to think about.

But a decently modded 2.0 with a tune will make much more TQ, (not HP) than even a modded V6, so thats where the enthusiasm comes in of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
If you aren't planning on doing extensive mods, just a few bolt ons, the V6 isn't a bad choice.
Exactly, and again, if performance and sound is a concern, it is the better choice.

I can't wait to see what both the 2.0 and the V6 do on the strip. I predict we will see some very fast 2.0 Camaros pretty quickly.

The V6 aftermarket will be slow to develop as it was on the 5th gen, but I think we will see some very deep 13s and high 12s eventually with just some bolt ons, tune, and maybe tires.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #52
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Um, as to if the T4 or V6 were priced the same, would I elect the V6? No, nothing against the V6 but if not for the T4 I would have no interest in another Camaro, and I have owned three.

Of course the T4 will not sound like the V8, but neither will the V6. I know from experience a well designed exhaust can allow a turbo four to deliver good low rumble sound. Not as deep as a V8 but definitely pleasing to the ear. In other words I contest your no matter what statement based on personal experience not on some posts on another forum.

As I have posted in other threads, I am oriented toward forced induction equipped engines therefore I admit I am prejudiced. But hearing in person is needed for believing so if you are within a days drive of Metro Detroit I am quite willing to meet you and let you listen for yourself.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #53
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I would def take the T4 over V6. Tons of possibility.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #54
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Small pet peeve of mine.

Don't mix induction and cylinders with configuration and cylinders.

I or L for line or inline 4.

T4 and V6/V8? No

L4, V6, V8? Yes

or T4, NA6 or NA8? Acceptable

My apologies. Can't help myself.

Thank you for understanding
Old 09-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #55
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Small pet peeve of mine.

Don't mix induction and cylinders with configuration and cylinders.

I or L for line or inline 4.

T4 and V6/V8? No

L4, V6, V8? Yes

or T4, NA6 or NA8? Acceptable

My apologies. Can't help myself.

Thank you for understanding
Better build a bridge.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #56
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote: