Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #43
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Yes, exactly. It all depends on what is more important to the consumer.
If the consumer doesn't care about the creature comforts that the 2SS offers, then why isn't the person comparing the GT350 to a 1SS? That's the only difference between the 1SS and 2SS.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #44
BlkReaper

Drives: 2016 2ss
Not being brand loyal to anyone and if i liked convertibles and had enough money for gt 350, I could see myself cross shopping those cars. I think it makes a big difference if you already have a daily driver or not. If you have daily driver the creatures comforts of the 2ss will be nice but not necessarily a must have. That being sad, can we all just get along?
BlkReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #45
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
THIS...please people. Go build up a GT premium with as many features as you can that the 2SS comes with standard and see where you end up. You'll be very close to 2SS territory in no time.
I built a GT Premium in yellow just the way I would build the gen6 other then NPP, auto, (can't get PP with auto in Mustang) sunroof, and Magride. It came to $43170. Built the same with the gen6 and it came to $43185. So for $15 the gen6 has 20 more hp and 35 tq, rev match, diff and tranny coolers, and HUD. So option for option there dead even. The only issue is, you can take stuff off the GT to get the price down, but the Camaro you can't. But on the plus side we can add NPP, Magride, sunroof, and the 8 speed auto. In which you can not on the Mustang.

Now on the base GTPP the mustang came in at $36285 in yellow. The gen 6 came in at $37690 in yellow. So a bit more difference, but again hp and tq is more and you get the drive modes which base gt doesn't, and all the coolers. So there isn't all this huge price difference that everyone is making it out to be. It's only because there comparing it to a base GT, but without the PP, it won't even be close.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #46
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
If the consumer doesn't care about the creature comforts that the 2SS offers, then why isn't the person comparing the GT350 to a 1SS? That's the only difference between the 1SS and 2SS.
They could be comparing it to a 1SS, sure. I'm saying if someone had 50k to spend, they could either get a loaded 2SS or a base GT350 with nothing in it, if 50k was the max they wanted to spend. They could also get a base 1SS with nothing and save some money. It all depends on what they want. A person who wants a fully loaded car with the amenities that is also fast and fun will be looking at a 2SS loaded with a 50k budget. The person looking for something that is strictly track focused and doesn't care about amenities with the same budget, could potentially be looking at a base GT350 with no options checked.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #47
garnet

Drives: Q50
I care most about performance which is why I'm holding out for the Camaro over the new GT PP, but the GT350 is an amazing car. I'd also be hesitant to daily the GT350 as it should hold its value considerably well if you use GT500 used pricing as a comparison. Also, will anyone even pay 48k in the next year for a 350? I've contacted almost every Ford dealer in the state and they're all either building one to sit in the showroom at a ridiculous price, or waiting for someone to pay them 10k markup and they'll put in the build order for you.

On the stang forums people in the Midwest/south claim to have purchased at MSRP, but that does not seem possible on the west coast.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:26 PM   #48
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Comparison

The one thing I truly believe is that most Ford dealerships, if not all, are NOT going to sell a 2016 GT350 or GT350R at MSRP! You can bet they'll all mark them up. My guess is at least $5k if for nothing else but the Shelby name. Mark my words.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #49
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This whole issue is really easy to solve in my mind unless you want an automatic.

if you can afford a GT350 with the tech pack get that. there is no planet I would rather have a 2ss on.

now if the 55k is too much then I get it.

A 2ss just has nothing for a GT3500 other than being cheaper.

as for dealerships all that pay the SVT fee will get at least one GT350. they have already been ordered at MSRP anyone who pays more just is not looking hard. That being say any dealership that gets and allocation will be more than happy to upsell to any dumba$$ willing to pay over.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #50
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Honestly, if $50k is what you have and max performance is what you want giving little consideration to amenities....let's get this one on the list

http://us.caterhamcars.com/cars/seven-480

Even that convertible feel for Curr lol
The evolution of the Lotus Super 7. Wicked fast.
I have had a track star modified Mits Evo and definitely not interested in going with a car with few amenities this time around.
The Camaro is fitting the bill for speed and comfort at a reasonable price.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #51
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
The one thing I truly believe is that most Ford dealerships, if not all, are NOT going to sell a 2016 GT350 or GT350R at MSRP! You can bet they'll all mark them up. My guess is at least $5k if for nothing else but the Shelby name. Mark my words.
So, you're really not making any prediction, as news of ADM's on the cars have been out there since order banks opened. Of course, dealers asking an ADM has little or nothing to do with the Shelby name on it. It has to do with supply and perceived demand. The z/28, when released, did not have Shelby's name on it and most GM dealers asked an ADM. Nothing different here.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #52
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
http://www.fordofkirkland.com/new/Fo...ac55837504.htm
Borrowed link from Mustang Site Gt 350 section.
Guess I should be happy paying MSRP.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #53
bharabs

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE Summit White
Good for those who love the 6th gen enough to not care about the price. I for one am looking at other options too. If one is considering C7 then it's obvious GM wins. Anyway, I like the 6th, but just better than the Mustang.
bharabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #54
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow signs View Post
Yeah but I bet they will throw in the floor mats lol
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #55
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow signs View Post
LOL!
That thing is never gonna sell!
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:12 PM   #56
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Actually you're wrong, I did. Most think a loaded A8/MRC/NPP 2SS controvertible will top $50k, and be in the $53k range, some say loaded to $60k. My self imposed 'max' budget is around $57k. I know people will pick apart the price difference, but please check yourself. Some people just want a toy, and while a loaded 2SS convertible, a C7, and a GT350 don't fit your idea of being "in the same arena" regardless of price, configuration, or "use", they are to some in broad categories of just being "high performance toys". That's it, just a toy to tickle a fancy. If you don't get that, you're either a diehard fanboy, or just want to be stubborn and disagree with someone who doesn't hold your opinion.

So I started looking at what else was available in that price range. Obviously that brought in GT350 and C7's.

I'm not a track guy, and my wife isn't fond of really loud cars, so I ruled out the GT350 no matter how cool the track star status is.

For me it's down to C7 and 2SS convertibles, with Wifey, God bless her, leaning towards a C7.

EDIT: Some of you are very hung up on pricing. Please remember, some of us aren't.
But the ones that don't care are not the majority of buyers that will not keep this car in production. The ones that are like myself who can afford it but won't pay the price for a Camaro will cause this car to fail. This is just like what caused the end of the 4th gen there is better options out there for 45 to 50. GM built a nice track car but 90% of its buyers dont care about how fast it goes around a track I don't. Listen the car is awesome inside fantastic outside still think the 5th gen looks better but still nice. I see guys on here ordering cars and skipping on options because they can't afford it just to have one to me that's a shame
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote