Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Snappy View Post
The insurance issue was a problem due to the fact of how little I drove the C7, not the increase. In other words, I am not going to have a Mercedes Daily Driver & a second toy...I am going to a performance daily driver that has 4 seats.
Ok. This is makkng more sense now. You are essentially trying to "consolidate" cars. Instead of a high end DD and a high end toy, find a happy medium. It really sounds like you like the Mustang. I would suggest that you just hold off a liiiiiiitle longer to when you can see the new Camaro vert 1st hand. If a Cuda is an option then apparently a bit of a wait isnt going to kill ya bc no ones even SEEN that car yet! I feel youd be doing yourself a grave injustice by NOT waiting to ck out the new Camaro. Is dead sexy in a vert, and I HATE convertables. Best of luck to ya either way!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
You gave up a Stingray?

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #17
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
You gave up a Stingray?

My thought too.

I want one so bad, but not until I have a garage....

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #18
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
If the M4 is really on the table, it's the one I'd choose out of the 4 listed.

At the M4's price you could probably add the RS5 to the list.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #19
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Uhhh??am I missing something here?your talking about a new cuda?is that another rumour or its serious?
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #20
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
I will be honest here, that is one of the reasons I got rid of the Vette. I am a bigger dude as well as getting older (49) and getting in and out of the Vette was a chore...especially the C7. That is not the primary reason I sold, but I am glad I don't have to deal with that any longer.

I was intrigued with the Hellcat, but it's overkill. I hate to even guess what the insurance is on that with a 16 year old in the house!
Im 17 and just thinking about what I can do to my dad's hellcat is pure horror. LOL.
If my opinion matters.just wait for the camaro like others said.i promise you won't be disappointed. My cousin was a camaro guy but he didn't wait and got an ecoboost couple months ago and he regrets it(he didn't say so but I can see it in his eyes).

A question:I never drove a stingray or sit in one.but im 6'2 and do you think I can fit in one easily?does your son have problems getting in and out like you?
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #21
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Im 17 and just thinking about what I can do to my dad's hellcat is pure horror. LOL.
If my opinion matters.just wait for the camaro like others said.i promise you won't be disappointed. My cousin was a camaro guy but he didn't wait and got an ecoboost couple months ago and he regrets it(he didn't say so but I can see it in his eyes).

A question:I never drove a stingray or sit in one.but im 6'2 and do you think I can fit in one easily?does your son have problems getting in and out like you?
The Stingray is tight inside. Even though I have a big gut, that was never the issue. I am 6'1" and the headroom was not an issue, but my knees were right next to the front console with about 1/2 inch to spare. Also, the hip room in the seats was greatly reduced...much has been said about this on the Corvette Forums. The result for me was that I was able to get into a comfortable driving position, but the climb in and out was less then graceful.

My 16 year old would never be allowed to drive a car with as much power as my Stingray. He has the 6 cylinder Mustang.

I am definitely waiting to see and sit in the new Camaro before I make a decision.
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #22
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Uhhh??am I missing something here?your talking about a new cuda?is that another rumour or its serious?
Fiat Chrysler announced it at their dealer meeting a few weeks ago. No details other than it will be all-new and be a vert.
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #23
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
Quote:
Fiat Chrysler announced it at their dealer meeting a few weeks ago. No details other than it will be all-new and be a vert.
And by all new they mean based off the Alfa Romeo Giulia platform...which might not be a bad thing lol
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #24
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Well, I'm trying to resolve this in my head, a GT or SS for up coming 2016 year. But honestly, I think you get a lot more from GT than SS, for dollar to dollar. What has impressed me, is how well that 5.0 responds to F/I generating big numbers. A friend just bought a 2015 GT last month and I drove it and for the money, it was great.

Barracuda, is on my list, since my purchase will be in 2016

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 09-06-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I know you are on this forum so you've likely seen the shots of the convertible, but I'll ask anyways....have you??? Lol. My opinion but the looks of the Camaro convertible are much better than the GT by a good margin.

But if you like the looks of the GT better and find car to give up a little performance...you know the SS will be quicker...then go with the mustang.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #26
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
1. Wife has a 2014 Mustang Vert. Yes it's nice but does nothing for me.
2. Camaro Vert would be my choice on your list hands down. Performance looks ect...
3. Unavailable
4. Lease Only. 7-10 Americans lease the Bimmer. Not to sure about the 4 series but if it's
Hardtop convertible no thanks.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #27
Dreng

Drives: 13 Camaro
The new mustangs look great and all. My issue is I dont know about where you guys live but I see a new body mustang at nearly every stop light now a days. Yes there are a few camaros around but not near as many as the stang which is why I would vote for the camaro.
Dreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:36 AM   #28
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
I would say wait for the camaro convert... It has better tech and totally new engine to offer... The mustang has an issue with the convertible once the top is down... There are open gaps which need to be covered by plastics kept in trunk... Imagine doing that everyday... There is absolutely no match to the tech available in both cars... The mustang looks amazing but the camaro is going to beat it to pulp... The performance of the mustang vert is not that great as well... So if ur confused between the two...camaro is the better choice

That leaves us to bmw and baracuda... If the car has only been showcased to a few dealers in a private hall... Imagine the time its going to take to come out... The dealers who took a look said that it looked amazing but there is a very high possibility it will not look the same in production... So thats going to be a while... If u have a time till 2017 .. Yeah u can wait..

The bmw 4 series is a decent car.. But the same type of luxury is going to be available at abt $10k less.. If I wanted to buy the 4 series it would be only because it has a hard top... Its a german car agreed... But everyone agrees bmw doesnt make the cars as fun as they used to...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote