Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2015, 06:01 PM   #127
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
I regret buying mine too, lol. Great for a "car" but cars are so useless.... can't do anything with them but break the speed limit, lol. Can't haul a dirt bike, tow a boat, pick up a new fridge, take loads of junk to the land fill, pick up sheets of plywood, etc.etc.etc...you get the point. I'd rather have a brand new Colorado Z71. Also, I miss the gas mileage in my V6 RS. At least that car had a point to it (economy daily driving while looking good). I should of stuck to my RS V6....lol. The SS is nothing but a play toy, nothing more. Don't get me too wrong (if that makes sense), it's great for what it is and it not only got me to buy my first non-pickup, but I vowed to never own a Chevy so it converted me to the other side, but deep down I'm a truck guy first and foremost. Gotta have something more useful than something that can just do grocery shopping, and the SS is nothing more than a playtoy! Guys with your V6's be damned happy you have great fuel economy in something that looks so good!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #128
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
I regret buying mine too, lol. Great for a "car" but cars are so useless.... can't do anything with them but break the speed limit, lol. Can't haul a dirt bike, tow a boat, pick up a new fridge, take loads of junk to the land fill, pick up sheets of plywood, etc.etc.etc...you get the point. I'd rather have a brand new Colorado Z71. Also, I miss the gas mileage in my V6 RS. At least that car had a point to it (economy daily driving while looking good). I should of stuck to my RS V6....lol. The SS is nothing but a play toy, nothing more. Don't get me too wrong (if that makes sense), it's great for what it is and it not only got me to buy my first non-pickup, but I vowed to never own a Chevy so it converted me to the other side, but deep down I'm a truck guy first and foremost. Gotta have something more useful than something that can just do grocery shopping, and the SS is nothing more than a playtoy! Guys with your V6's be damned happy you have great fuel economy in something that looks so good!
Ya, because getting 24mpg vs. 20mpg is really going to help you retire sooner.......

Most V6 peeps hot rod around town so their mpg is not really that much better than a V8.

Give me a break...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #129
bork_bork

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Convert Triple Black
I have a SS and personally would never buy a V6 Camaro/Mustang/Challenger. The resale on a V6 is horrid. A V8 will always have value. With that being said this generations V6 is unreal compared to the V8s of the last 20 years or so. I remember having a 98 Mustang GT that was such a dog lol Thank god the Camaro came back and started the HP war!!!
bork_bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #130
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Definitely wait to get want you want. I currently own two 4th gens, an auto & a 6 spd, and will wait till the timing is right and till I find exactly what I want before I upgrade. A coworker told me to just get a V6, I told him that I'd rather keep driving these old V8s. Now, I know that todays V6 cars have just as much if not more HP than the old V8s but it's not the same. Like mentioned before, the torque, sounds, just so much better. I also just found out earlier that my car insurance would go up only about 20 bucks if I went from the 99 Z28 to a 10/11 SS so it's just a matter of time people. Again, no disrespect intended to any V6 owners. This and I just realized that QMuscle's account his currently suspended, that guy was a jerky
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #131
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Sorry man, that sucks! Buyer remorse is the worst! When I ordered my 1LE I spared NO expense! Ordered every option allowed including the body colored engine cover! I have had her for 16 months and have NO regrets...NONE! The car is perfect to me. I figure if I am going to buy it and keep it, I want it perfect for me and spend the money once. If your not happy, you end up trading or selling, losing your butt on it and spending what you should have spent the first time anyway. Good luck...go get what you really want!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:42 AM   #132
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #133
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
I love driving my car around on the streets. I would be so bored in a truck and that bouncy/squishy ride. I get your a truck guy, See Ya
Old 08-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #134
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
V8
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #135
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro310 View Post
V8
This is the second thread I've seen your same response. ...so far I agree.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #136
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I love driving my car around on the streets. I would be so bored in a truck and that bouncy/squishy ride. I get your a truck guy, See Ya
Isn't it funny how many truck guys think they are fast...some of those clowns should drive a camaro....not a truck...yet here we are with this thread
Old 08-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #137
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Isn't it funny how many truck guys think they are fast...some of those clowns should drive a camaro....not a truck...yet here we are with this thread
Yep and I'm sure you can find a proper video for the situation...
Old 08-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #138
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Ya, because getting 24mpg vs. 20mpg is really going to help you retire sooner.......

Most V6 peeps hot rod around town so their mpg is not really that much better than a V8.

Give me a break...
Pretty much!

Got mine to be a fun DD. Doesn't mean I lay off it and drive sedate. It's a faster car than people seem to expect I've noticed.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #139
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro310 View Post
V8
L7
Old 08-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #140
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Yep and I'm sure you can find a proper video for the situation...
Well it is truck related haha.....

https://youtu.be/bne79lynlK4