Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #57
jwhutton52

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS Coupe
You guys crack me up. You buy a $40,000 car and add thousands of dollars of extras to it and then have a dispute over whether a FARK is worth it or not. Come on. Grow up!!
jwhutton52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #58
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
It's worth it to some people- but some people don't need plug and play. Throwing out options. The sales pitch for $12 worth of connectors for quite a bit more is heavy on this web site. Some people also take satisfaction in doing it themselves.
It's all about options.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #59
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
What is a FARK harness? I have an aftermarket amp driving 2 -12" woofers... I got an adapter to plug into the car wiring then connect to the BA amp... I swapped out the rear deck speakers and the 6.5 door speakers. My problem is the back speakers and door speakers (POLKAUDIO DSI650)only play highs and sound like crap... The center speaker in the dash works fine too... Any ideas what I need to do..... I think the BA amp has a crossover in the amp causing my problem...
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #60
VTSummit

there is not a crossover in the BA amp- it's full range to front and rear woofers.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:12 PM   #61
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
The Fark harness allows you to plug in a new amp replacing the boston amp no cutting wires just plug into factory harness. it has line outs and rcas. But it looks like its no longer on sub thumps website.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #62
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
The Fark harness allows you to plug in a new amp replacing the boston amp no cutting wires just plug into factory harness. it has line outs and rcas. But it looks like its no longer on sub thumps website.
Everyone keeps calling it the Fark harness...its not. He needs the T harness just to connect a sub amp($69 that could be made for $3). He is not replacing the Boston amp. If he was then that would be the fark harness $129

The fark harness I would suggest for most people its plug and play.
The T harness I would not. You need 2 rca connectors, some wire and 5 t taps. anyone could do that.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #63
jwhutton52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Everyone keeps calling it the Fark harness...its not. He needs the T harness just to connect a sub amp($69 that could be made for $3). He is not replacing the Boston amp. If he was then that would be the fark harness $129

The fark harness I would suggest for most people its plug and play.
The T harness I would not. You need 2 rca connectors, some wire and 5 t taps. anyone could do that.
The FARK (Factory Amp Replacement Kit) is a kit which includes several adapters. I know because I just purchased one. There's the T harness, speaker adapters for rear speakers in a coupe and a harness to hook your after market amp to factory speaker wiring. They are available again. BTW, the rear speakers in a coupe have separate bass and tweeter wires. The speaker jumpers that come in the kit jumper them together so they become full range. I think they have a built in crossover for the tweeters. I will be getting the full kit later this week.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #64
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhutton52 View Post
The FARK (Factory Amp Replacement Kit) is a kit which includes several adapters. I know because I just purchased one. There's the T harness, speaker adapters for rear speakers in a coupe and a harness to hook your after market amp to factory speaker wiring. They are available again. BTW, the rear speakers in a coupe have separate bass and tweeter wires. The speaker jumpers that come in the kit jumper them together so they become full range. I think they have a built in crossover for the tweeters. I will be getting the full kit later this week.
I know that, I was just saying the OP doesn't need the Full kit if he is just adding a sub and a sub amp. All he needs is the T harness sold for 69 but not worth it imo. (and an amp kit)
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #65
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhutton52 View Post
The speaker adapters in the FARK kit take the output from the factory amp to the rear 6x9 speakers, and jumps the tweeter outs of the factory amp to the full range output to the woofer of the 6x9, and adds a capacitor to filter out low frequencies to the tweeter. This eliminates the need for separate aftermarket amp channels for both the woofer and the tweeter.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #66
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
there is not a crossover in the BA amp- it's full range to front and rear woofers.
I believe there is a active crossover for the tweeter in the factory amp for the rear 6x9 speakers.

The factory amp also has audio/eq processing for all speakers.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #67
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
I believe there is a active crossover for the tweeter in the factory amp for the rear 6x9 speakers.

He was (I thought) talking about the woofers not sounding right.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #68
jwhutton52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post

The rear speakers in a coupe have separate amp channels for the woofers and tweeters. I got the FARK kit today and it contains a set of speaker adpators for the rears that has a built in crossover capacitors. That way you can just replace the factory BA amp with a high powered one and run all of the factory speakers except the middle up front. Some guys in this forum says it sounds pretty good, especially after you add a sub.

Last edited by jwhutton52; 08-13-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #69
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
thanks for the replies... I added 2 subs last year, I got the tee connecter from sub thump last year when I got the after market amp to just run the subs. I then changed out the factory BA rear and door speakers and just ran the wires to the speakers but they are only playing highs... so i am just trying to figure out how to fix that.. the center speaker and the tweeters are the only ones that are really playing loudly... the doors and the back deck speakers are just playing highs and not very loud. the 12" subs i tapped off the BA with the T harness are working great... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #70
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Both the FARK and T-Harness are still available
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote