Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #29
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
If those 2 are the only 2 dealerships around, then you simply dont have a choice if you want any chance of warranty coverage. Pick the lesser of 2 evils and hope you didnt make enemies with them too badly.
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #30
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by essess View Post
If those 2 are the only 2 dealerships around, then you simply dont have a choice if you want any chance of warranty coverage. Pick the lesser of 2 evils and hope you didnt make enemies with them too badly.
Yeah I decided last night I guess I'll just take it to grapevine since they neglected it, make them eat crow for not listening to me when I tried to catch it before it got worse. Only way I could have made enemies there is not spending $750 on something that's not the problem and being right where they were wrong. :\
Old 08-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #31
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android42019 View Post
Yeah I decided last night I guess I'll just take it to grapevine since they neglected it, make them eat crow for not listening to me when I tried to catch it before it got worse. Only way I could have made enemies there is not spending $750 on something that's not the problem and being right where they were wrong. :\
Are you in LSC? Some of the local members know omeone there... Post up to their FB page.

Or ask or the service manager straight up.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #32
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Are you in LSC? Some of the local members know omeone there... Post up to their FB page.

Or ask or the service manager straight up.
LSC?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Lone star camaro

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #34
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Not to be an ass, but why to people with little or no mechanical aptitude or knowledge buy a performance car? Someone has already suggested a way for you to determine if the engine has seized. Have you tried it? If you don't know how, surely you know someone who does.
You win the dumb ass award for comments. It's not like he has tried to hot rod it with no idea. Cars are meant to be bought and driven. My credit card vendor has a Benz S 550 that cost him 107K and he know jack about cars. I've driven that beast and it kicks ass.

The real question is why do people think you have to require a certain amount of knowledge to own something?

Eh?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #35
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Lone star camaro
Ah no but I will look them up and post there, thank ya.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #36
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Quote:
The purchase of my car was easy, I paid less than msrp for the car loaded with a couple more features than if I had ordered and the saleswoman Jackie Smith was GREAT. She got promoted to finance shortly after my purchase. I can't say anything else as that's the only car I bought from them but that service dpt is shady, tried telling me 19k to fix this car way back and I said ur crazy! That wasnt even including paint! And now immediately jumping to me paying $750 outta pocket for an exhaust that's out of warranty instead of diagnosing the damn engine that's under warranty still >_<
Wow you got a cheap quote, I was told I would have to pay almost 1500 for a stock exhaust because one of my cans was rattling and I was "out of warranty" for it. Pretty much told them the same thing you did about aftermarket exhausts. Cant help on the engine though sorry.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:26 AM   #37
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
uh oh... Is this another addition to the Dead LLT list? BTW GMs first swipe at warranty on these motors is a repair. Don't be afraid to push for the brand new motor. Got my whole motor replaced and it came with a 3year/100,000mile warranty.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #38
dfirehawkc

Drives: n/a
hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Not to be an ass, but why to people with little or no mechanical aptitude or knowledge buy a performance car? Someone has already suggested a way for you to determine if the engine has seized. Have you tried it? If you don't know how, surely you know someone who does.
I think this comment was actually "to be an @ss." If performance cars were only driven by people who had a higher level of knowledge about them, how much money do you think companies would make in selling them? Not enough to cover the cost of designing and making them. People who drive their cars regularly and care about them know when something is not right. Clearly this guy knew something was wrong and took it to places to try and get it fixed. Unfortunately, there are so many shady places out there that take your money but don't fix your car. I feel for you man, hope you find a reputable shop that knows their cars and does a good job with fixing them.
dfirehawkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #39
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
uh oh... Is this another addition to the Dead LLT list? BTW GMs first swipe at warranty on these motors is a repair. Don't be afraid to push for the brand new motor. Got my whole motor replaced and it came with a 3year/100,000mile warranty.
Definitely pushing for replacement since I was already told by the mechanic they quit refurbing because metal shaving clog of some filters and cause more problems. I have the whole visit audio recorded for this exact scenario.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #40
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Thanks demon war horse for the help, she's set up to get a tow tomorrow and get a loaner, I'll update on here what happens In a few days or so.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #41
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Definitely pushing for replacement since I was already told by the mechanic they quit refurbing because metal shaving clog of some filters and cause more problems. I have the whole visit audio recorded for this exact scenario.
no offense but your mechanic is wrong. take a look around the forum plenty of people have gotten stuck with the repair. The only reason they completely replaced mine was because I paid for the difference between the replace and repair. $2.5K
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #42
Ice-Forever

Drives: "Bette White" '11 2SS/RS LS3
Here is contact info for their entire staff

I get my Camaro serviced at Classic, as well, since I work next door and my CPO has free maintenance for a while...I use a guy named Tim Foote and he's always been pretty cool; Granted, I literally just drive next-door, toss him my keys, and get someone to drive me the .5 miles down the 'road' to their body-shop so I can walk over to work......When I had Bette up on a lift to put on my Hawk-pads on, though, I did notice a little drip of oil at the bottom of the oil filter, and you could see all down the undercarriage where it had been dripping while driving and gotten blown back/up and on to shit...Weird thing is that I literally don't have ANY oil ANYWHERE that I park...I would have noticed, and I have checked...lol... =\

Classic is, like, the #1 Selling Chevy Store in the entire country, though...All you [probably] need to do is get in touch with your salesperson...since you said she was 'cool'...and she can [hopefully] help you get the direct ling for their Owner/General Manager, tell them everything you've said here, then tell him you wanted to give him a chance to make things right on his own before you contact GM Corporate...

If he doesn't respond AND figure out a way to make you happy, then I would call GM Consumer Affairs @ (800) 222-1020

Just don't come at him crazy...My GM/Owner will almost always take care of [a] customer(s) in your situation...unless they come at him sideways, in which case he will very politely tell them to **** off, while making them feel dumb AF, and we'll (Management and the vets) all laugh our asses off about it for weeks.
- Bette White - '11 2SS/RS LS3 /w Driver-Mod, Hurst Short Throw, Rx CC+1LE CSS, Hawk HPS Pads, Apex Motorsports SkipShift Elim, Gen5DIY DRL Harness+P13W/11W/4300K Fogs/DRLs; Otherwise stock - Soon to be spoiled
Ice-Forever is offline   Reply With Quote