Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Soloshawn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Factory Replica rims & Tires

Just put on the Factory Replica ZL 1 rims 20 X 10 all around with pirelli P Zero tires. With Moreno camber/Castor adjustment plate. This will give the car with a bigger footprint up front with camber a much bigger grip going into a corner at 135 mph at the track. I'm testing it out at Ridge Motorsports track in Shelton, WA. against 6 other Camaro's and BMW M3's and other performance cars. The tire mounters noticed that the rims matched my silver stripe on the cars.

Funny thing happened when I went to the Funeral home this past Wednesday to pick out a headstone for my Mother and Father. When my Dad died in January the funeral director was all awash with praise about my car. I had to park it right in front of the entrance where the disabled parking is (I'm disabled). Same funeral director comes out. Then two separate people inside praise the Camaro on how great it looks and how fast I have gotten it. Then when getting in the car the Funeral Director asks me to rev up the car while a funeral is going on in the chapel. I of course agreed. People are strange. Another Camaro owner said he was going to leave his fingerprints on the new rims because they just popped.

This is why I don't need a new Camaro.
Attached Images

Soloshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Soloshawn

I also went 245/35/20 instead of the 45 for a better tire for the track and lower profile.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Haven't seen a 245 on a 10in rim. It looks fine though. Why not a 275 or 285? Also what date is that race? I'm wanting to go sometime this year with my friend and his M3.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Soloshawn

Just a track day. You can check out turn 2 lapping for dates at the track for lapping. 245 is as big as you want to go before you start hitting your bodywork and internals.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloshawn View Post
Just a track day. You can check out turn 2 lapping for dates at the track for lapping. 245 is as big as you want to go before you start hitting your bodywork and internals.
I'm running a 275 up front and don't have any issues, plenty of guys do actually. Also that does not look like a 245 on a 10" wheel to me, it would be pretty stretched.

The 1LE comes with 285s from the factory all the way around, and a square setup handles much better on track than staggered.

You also could have gotten some much better tires if you went 285/35 all around, like some Hankook RS3s.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Looks good, did you buy the wheels from Discount Tire?