Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #15
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
Is your car auto or manual? If manual did the x-pipe help with the cackle sound on deceleration. That is my main complaint about the headers and NPP, well and the pop on shifting.
I don't care for that either, but it was left in there for a couple of reasons, mostly because some people like it. It can easily be tuned out. There is an "decel enleanment" table that can be richened up and that goes away (essentially cools the exhaust down on decel). Well, at least that's how it used to be when I did tunes. I'm sure it's the same now.

Headers, NPP, X-pipe, whatever... probably won't help that at all. Tune can (probably).
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
Is your car auto or manual? If manual did the x-pipe help with the cackle sound on deceleration. That is my main complaint about the headers and NPP, well and the pop on shifting.
I have a 1LE so yes it's a manual. It still pops but it sounds better. With just the headers it sounded like feeling gunfire. Now its muted and more mellow. I like the pop just not as obnoxious as it was with the headers only.

Probably the best comparison I can make is like this...

Stock NPP - volume 5 tone good
LT with cats- volume 10 tone obnoxious
LT, cats, resonated x - volume 7 tone perfect

Now when I do the cam I expect the volume to go up to 8 and the tone turn in to a perfect choppy growl...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #17
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZL1 View Post
I don't care for that either, but it was left in there for a couple of reasons, mostly because some people like it. It can easily be tuned out. There is an "decel enleanment" table that can be richened up and that goes away (essentially cools the exhaust down on decel). Well, at least that's how it used to be when I did tunes. I'm sure it's the same now.

Headers, NPP, X-pipe, whatever... probably won't help that at all. Tune can (probably).
I've heard the same thing about the tune fixing the pop...

Old 05-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #18
ZL W0N
GuitarmageddonZL1

Drives: ‘13 ZL1, ‘17 TT ZL1, ‘17 Silverado
I eventually want to do LT headers with no cats. I currently have a CAI intake and the NPP fuse pulled. Does anyone have this? If so, how loud is it? I like loud.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #19
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL W0N View Post
I eventually want to do LT headers with no cats. I currently have a CAI intake and the NPP fuse pulled. Does anyone have this? If so, how loud is it? I like loud.
With an SS it would be very ridiculously loud. I can only imagine with a ZL1 it will be Ludicrously Loud... LoL

Old 05-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #20
ZLeeper

Drives: .
I had the CAI and VMAX and just did the Dynatech and high flow cats and the tune with Ted at Jannetty Racing. Car is not loud at idol or at part throttle and there is no inside cabin drone base noise, or popping and all can be annoying. The car does makes some good noise a WOT but nothing obnoxious. Being an old Chevy guy it sounds right, IMO. Was in the same situation of wanting the car to be quiet majority of the time until I cut it loose.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397617
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #21
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL W0N View Post
I have Kooks 2" LT, no cats, rotofab, fuse pulled. I dont think its loud at all. Until I open my noweeds
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:52 AM   #22
Mechzl1

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Stainless power long tubes, no cats, fuse pulled. Car sounds amazing at idle and cruising, when you get on it that's when it gets nasty loud.
Mechzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote