Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #197
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Man so they really arrested that other guy just because he happened to drive a similar vehicle without any other evidence or plate number or anything else. Its clearly not that same car the cop must not have gotten a good look and just decided to ruin some random guys life. terrible

you did a great thing coming forward with the video
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #198
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I checked the Wayne County jail website this morning and that person that I mentioned earlier in this thread has vanished from the site. I still think that's the guys name but I'm also sure that the person I made contact with is not him.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #199
Paratrooper

Drives: 2 sad communter cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
Man so they really arrested that other guy just because he happened to drive a similar vehicle without any other evidence or plate number or anything else. Its clearly not that same car the cop must not have gotten a good look and just decided to ruin some random guys life. terrible

you did a great thing coming forward with the video
What's the over-under on whether the officer would have lied in court about what he personally observed in regards to the fleeing car?

"Yes, the license plate of the defendants car matches the license plate of the car attempting to flee."
Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #200
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
I would provide this tape and story to the D/A attorney office to investigate. If this officer has been involved in other sketchy arrests that he has possibly lied about he can be declared a Brady cop which will then prevent him from testifying in court.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #201
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Good work Citizen Sarge.
THank you.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #202
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
I have been contacted by quite a few news outlets already asking to use my footage and write an article. Wow, never thought this would get this big.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #203
Elusive

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Sarge View Post
Yup, feels good to help someone out who wasn't at fault and could have no way to prove it, and get Camaro5 out there. To be honest, I couldn't have done it without the help of the Camaro5 people here.

Big Thanks to you all again. Hopefully the innocent guy comes forth, wanted to ask him some things.
Hey Mr. Sarge. I'm a Dodge Challenger Scat Pack future owner (my car is already built and on route to being delivered to dealer in about a week). I registered for this forum just to thank you for being an awesome dude and amazing Samaritan on behalf of other Challenger owners because this thread was posted on ChallengerTalk yesterday with a link here and Jalopnik.

I dont know either of the Challengers in your dash cam video, but I felt so bad for the wrongfully arrested guy that I wanted to see what happened and for the real justice to be served.

There's some really cool people on this thread who all really contributed to exonerating an innocent stranger. Yall have helped restore a lot of faith in humanity, especially you Mr Sarge.

Because if you hadn't put pressure on the situation and gotten the media behind you. I don't think that officer would have ever admitted his story was wrong. He def only seemed to be sorry he got caught for doing the wrong thing.

Admittedly, confusing the challengers could be an honest mistake at such high speeds. But their refusal to look at your key evidence is quite scary in these times. So thank God for you, your dash cam, and you being relentless for justice.

Kudos to you and the Camaro5 community! Looking forward to the official 2016 model year Camaro unveil. I'm a big fan of American muscle in general
Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #204
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
I have been contacted by quite a few news outlets already asking to use my footage and write an article. Wow, never thought this would get this big.
For curiosity, and maybe for my own personal use some time, how are you transferring the video from your dash cam to other parties, i.e., by an sd card, thumb drive or what? TIA MR.Sarge
Old 05-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #205
Elusive

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
I checked the Wayne County jail website this morning and that person that I mentioned earlier in this thread has vanished from the site. I still think that's the guys name but I'm also sure that the person I made contact with is not him.
Btw Drumminxx, I thought you did some amazing detective work as well by finding that person earlier in the thread on the Wayne County Jail website. I saw it late last night and his info popped up in the records. And then about 25 minutes later it just disappeared. Seemed a little suspicious because it didn't say anything about being released either or what the bail amount was etc.

It was very intriguing to see that and then I cross referenced that guy on Facebook as well and saw his plethora of Challenger and Mopar pics in general on his profile. He also had public posts pretty much every day until Wednesday and then it just stopped (maybe because he was the one wrongfully arrested)

He also is from the Detroit area and went to high school and goes to college there so that checks out too. And it matched the name that was in the Wayne County jail system.

I guess the only thing that didn't match was Mr Sarge's physical description but there's a lot of coincidences there and he does appear to be middle eastern so maybe he had a hat on too to resemble a bald head? I'm sure it can be tough to see inside the vehicle perfectly when you're going at high speeds and if he had tinted windows etc.

I'm not sure. But I thought you were pretty awesome with your sleuthing as well man. Kudos to you too

Last edited by Elusive; 05-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #206
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Outstanding job by a model citizen!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:27 PM   #207
MR.Sarge

Updated article for those interested http://jalopnik.com/justice-police-d...hal-1703943408

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #208
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Updated article for those interested http://jalopnik.com/justice-police-d...hal-1703943408

That's so awesome, that guy is LUCKY you were around!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #209
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
So is this case he was guilty until proven innocent... pretty sad
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #210
MR.Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilJ View Post
For curiosity, and maybe for my own personal use some time, how are you transferring the video from your dash cam to other parties, i.e., by an sd card, thumb drive or what? TIA MR.Sarge
Hey BilJ,

With my Dashcam I can do it over WiFi to my phone, but I don't like that method. What I do is take the microSD card out and into the USB adapter provided with the camera and move to my computer. I uploaded it to my google drive and shared that link. In regards to providing it to the authorities, that I actually put onto a USB to provide them a hard copy of the footage.