Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
2000Firehawk

Drives: 2000Firehawk
Will Gen6 have the latest 21 century safety features

Such as lane changing warning, parking assist, forward collision alert.
2000Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #2
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
We don't know. We can guess they'll be available on premium trims (2LT, 2SS), but we don't know
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
It saddens me that forward collision alert is a thing. People watching where they are going would render that technology useless, but nobody can put their phone down long enough to drive somewhere.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I would assume all new cars from now on will have these features. itll only be a matter of time before they are mandated.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #5
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Love the blind spot monitoring systems, that should be standard.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Love the blind spot monitoring systems, that should be standard.
Especially since the blind spot on the gen 5 is most of the road lol. I hate having to back this car out of anywhere. Good thing it looks so cool.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
It saddens me that forward collision alert is a thing. People watching where they are going would render that technology useless, but nobody can put their phone down long enough to drive somewhere.
Saddens me that most of this is even needed now. People can't drive now because they simply refuse to put on grown up pants and pay attention.

Of course people want to play on phones and tablets now more than drive when they are in a vehicle so this stuff is needed. Personally, I find most of these warning technologies a huge nuisance with the exception of a back up camera, which makes hooking up to a trailer too easy.

I do feel however that all this stuff makes people complacent. My mother backed into someone the other day with her SRX in a Lowe's parking lot, because "The backup camera was clear"

She didn't even bother to turn her head to check the blind spots and the angles the technology didn't cover, because in her mind the camera was clear. While these gadgets are nice, they are no substitute for common sense and good driving habits. I fear they only encourage peoples already bad habits and on a certain level make bad drivers worse.

However the tech sells and that's what people want so they can remain buried in their mobile devices while they drive/remain "safe"
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Believe it or not, blind spot monitoring systems have been standard on cars for many, many years. They're called "side mirrors."
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #9
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Backup camera will be standard I am betting. I believe all new cars will have to have it equipped by 2017 if I remember correctly. Blind spot monitoring, lane assist, adaptive cruise, cross traffic alert, and collision detection are all in GM's part bucket, so all are possible. We will have to wait and see.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #10
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
As on my 2015 Malibu, they'll probably be available on the Gen6 as an option, not standard, at least not on the lower level models.

Advanced Safety Package
Includes:
  • Forward Collision Alert1
  • Lane Departure Warning1
  • Side Blind Zone Alert/Rear Cross Traffic Alert1
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert functions only when in reverse.
2LT and 3LT require the available Leather Package.
1LTZ and 2LTZ require the available Electronics and Entertainment Package.

1 Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for more important safety information
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #11
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Forward collision is used to get as close as you can to a curb, wall, etc... without hitting it. Not to use it to see if youre gonna hit a car in front of you.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #12
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Believe it or not, blind spot monitoring systems have been standard on cars for many, many years. They're called "side mirrors."
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #13
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Forward collision is used to get as close as you can to a curb, wall, etc... without hitting it. Not to use it to see if youre gonna hit a car in front of you.
Not quite true at all. The forward collision feature monitors the space between you and the car in front of you, and flashes a row of red lights when you get to close for the speed your traveling at. On my car, there are three different distance settings you can choose from before the car warns you that you are too close.

As far as telling just how close to the curb in front of you ,you are when parking, THAT'S something I wish GM would add, and I've mentioned it to every GM rep/engineer I run across.

It's something I would LOVE to see at least on the ZL1 with it's low splitter on the front of the car.

I've even suggested to them to just re-purpose some of the same ultrasonic sensors they we already have on the back of the car, and add a few to the front of the car. They already have the sensors, and it should be easy enough to adapt them to the front of the car and activate them whenever the car is in 1st and traveling below 2-3mph.

So far the universal answer I get is 'just learn how to park your car'.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #14
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Not quite true at all. The forward collision feature monitors the space between you and the car in front of you, and flashes a row of red lights when you get to close for the speed your traveling at. On my car, there are three different distance settings you can choose from before the car warns you that you are too close.

As far as telling just how close to the curb in front of you ,you are when parking, THAT'S something I wish GM would add, and I've mentioned it to every GM rep/engineer I run across.

It's something I would LOVE to see at least on the ZL1 with it's low splitter on the front of the car.

I've even suggested to them to just re-purpose some of the same ultrasonic sensors they we already have on the back of the car, and add a few to the front of the car. They already have the sensors, and it should be easy enough to adapt them to the front of the car and activate them whenever the car is in 1st and traveling below 2-3mph.

So far the universal answer I get is 'just learn how to park your car'.
Didn't they say the ZO6 was getting a curb camera in the new packages they just announced?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote