Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-26-2015, 11:10 PM   #85
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I found this for a nice price . CBR600rr and I think I'll go for it.

Very nice. You'll be super happy!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #86
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
as someone who has roadraced for years with willow and wera, as well as a street rider over 20years. here is my general advice (I didn't read the whole thread). buy an older bike...not new, and not a loan on it if you can help it. bikes are reliable as hell. they can be tracked and ridden hard and they don't break easily. a used bike will still give you tons of power. I street ride my 01 gsxr1000 (former race bike) and while a newer 1k is faster...this thing will get up and go and you really don't need to be going faster lol.

another note...the money you save on the bike, GET GEAR, more importantly WEAR the gear...that's boots, jacket and gloves and of course a helmet. don't go cheap on this stuff. how much is your head worth to you? how about your skin? it get too hot in the summer, youre uncomfortable...how uncomfortable is a skin graft?

whatever bike you choose to get, take to a track day, better yet a race school. learn how to ride it right, see what its capable of! its far more capable than you think. to put this in perspective, a good rider like a Jeremy toye will lap a fast track like willow on a ninja250 faster than 95% of the street riders on a 1k! im dead serious. there are guys who THINK theyre good riders (or fast) then there are actually good riders (who are fast). you want to be more like the second guy - with skills...not the guy who thinks he has skills

whatever bike you get, choose wisely where you open it up and make sure youre pointed where you want to go etc. a 1k can get you in trouble pretty quick if youre acting a fool. and if you get a smaller bike don't let anyone tell you its too slow etc. a good rider can make a bike fast.

above all, always ride within your limits. good luck!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #87
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
As was mentioned that's a completely different kind of protective gear. There's a reason you don't see Oakley riding gear in any kind of road racing that's done(WSBK or MotoGP). And as much as I love Oakley(love their sunglasses) I wouldn't wear their riding gear at all. When it comes to gear, get good to excellent stuff. People's opinions will vary on what's good to excellent. But basically anything Alpinestars, Dainese, AGV, Joe Rocket, Sidi, Rev It Up, Spidi is good stuff.

A basic breakdown of my gear:

Joe Rocket Speedmaster 1-pc - $800
AGV Corsa Sole Luna Helmet - $899
Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves - $250
Alpinestars SMX-6 Boots - $275
Alpinestars Bionic Race back protector - $150

That's around $2400 wrapped up in just gear. HAHA! I only paid $2700 for my 03 GSX-R1000 two years ago. Well worth the investment and I didn't even get the best of the best(top tier) gear. The only top tier I own is my new helmet(the helmet I have on in the video is my old one). It's a carbon fiber/aramite blend race helmet for track days and cause I'm a huge Rossi fan.

So yeah man, check into some good gear. Stuff that's actually designed for sportbike riding in mind. It only makes sense to wear gear that has proven pedigree on the racetrack. If it's good enough for racers, it's good enough for you.
this is your gear, not the stuff you posted. not short gloves like that stuff you put up, or those boots etc. you want stuff like this...look at what a racer wears...follow that lead. they literally trust their lives to their gear. you don't see racers wearing the stuff you posted - and there is a reason for it. the stuff you posted would NOT serve you well in a crash

my gear run down is very similar, some different brands. I have a full leather jacket and a vented textile AGV jacket for hot days. full leather gauntlet gloves with venting, sidi boots. a full one piece suit for the track, an AGV helmet worth about 800, and an AGV rossi worth a bit more. also have a pair of leather pants as well. both my jackets have a back protector and armor (not so much in the vented one) and I have a full size back protector I wear under my leathers (which also has a back protector itself.) you dress for the crash!!!
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #88
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
as someone who has roadraced for years with willow and wera, as well as a street rider over 20years. here is my general advice (I didn't read the whole thread). buy an older bike...not new, and not a loan on it if you can help it. bikes are reliable as hell. they can be tracked and ridden hard and they don't break easily. a used bike will still give you tons of power. I street ride my 01 gsxr1000 (former race bike) and while a newer 1k is faster...this thing will get up and go and you really don't need to be going faster lol.

another note...the money you save on the bike, GET GEAR, more importantly WEAR the gear...that's boots, jacket and gloves and of course a helmet. don't go cheap on this stuff. how much is your head worth to you? how about your skin? it get too hot in the summer, youre uncomfortable...how uncomfortable is a skin graft?

whatever bike you choose to get, take to a track day, better yet a race school. learn how to ride it right, see what its capable of! its far more capable than you think. to put this in perspective, a good rider like a Jeremy toye will lap a fast track like willow on a ninja250 faster than 95% of the street riders on a 1k! im dead serious. there are guys who THINK theyre good riders (or fast) then there are actually good riders (who are fast). you want to be more like the second guy - with skills...not the guy who thinks he has skills

whatever bike you get, choose wisely where you open it up and make sure youre pointed where you want to go etc. a 1k can get you in trouble pretty quick if youre acting a fool. and if you get a smaller bike don't let anyone tell you its too slow etc. a good rider can make a bike fast.

above all, always ride within your limits. good luck!
Great advice caper. After 14 concussions, a ripped up shoulder, 3 back surguries among other gruesome injuries from military service and ice hockey trust me I wear helmets at all times and all the gear I can afford.

I like wearing gear to, there are times when it freaks people out in traffic believe or not.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:09 PM   #89
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I found this for a nice price . CBR600rr and I think I'll go for it.

Nice Bike . You should keep your Harley too if you can afford it .
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #90
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
If you want something Euro, look at the KTM 690 Duke.
I had one and it was a great bike. It was fun as hell to ride, very nimble and light and would make a great first time bike or a play bike for an experienced rider.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote