Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #71
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
not really. three of the biggest player in the business, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, have never offered anything more than 5/60. 100k power train warranties is more of a gimmick companies that have had checkered pasts with reliability use to lure customers back. by dropping it GM is more or less saying they have enough confidence in what they're building that they don't need to guarantee it all the way out to 100k

Yea, good luck selling that to customers!

as mentioned above, the Japanese car companies have not been affected one bit by 60k warranties.
Because Japanese cars are more reliable and GM has had a checkered past ! You see all more Hondas with alot of crazy miles than GM cars! So ppl aren't worried about Japanese products like they are about GM's. But I wouldn't get a Toyota because that pedal getting stuck thing is crazy!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #72
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Well GM is cutting back on the warranty they must think that it will save them in the long run, they must have felt it was eating into their bottom line to much to keep the 100k.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #73
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Cars are selling good enough post-recession in a warming economy, and GM isn't hungry enough for business, so they're cutting costs in a place where they don't think it will hurt sales. Plain and simple. If you're in the market for a 2016 Camaro, are you NOT going to buy it because it doesn't come with a 100k warranty anymore?

How many of you think you'll actually keep your car until 100k?

How many of you think you'll hit 100k in 5 years? (because the warranty ends whichever comes first).

Hyundai was the one that leveled the market with its 100k warranty. It was virtually unheard of, and this was back when GM/Ford were still doing 3/36. The Germans were still doing 4/50k bumper to bumper. Longer warranties are only a more recent thing, and now that sales are back, manufacturers aren't doing anything they don't have to in order to move product.
Lol... GM isn't hungry enough? That's the problem ! Can never let your success kill your hunger . GM's not hungry enough until they almost go bankrupt again! Lol... More bailout money!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:02 AM   #74
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:

How many of you think you'll hit 100k in 5 years? (because the warranty ends whichever comes first).
Man I wish they gave a 10yr/60,000 warranty! My 2010 Camaro turned 5 last May, and to this day I only got 20,000 miles on it

My 2011 Regal Turbo is going on 4 years old this July and I have 50,000 miles on it.

My 1997 Saturn SL2 is going on 19 years old and I have 283,000 miles on it

I don't think I have ever hit mileage before years on any car I've owned.

I do see the P.O.V from both the consumers side and GM's side.

I didn't know that a lot of people bought cars based on warranty. Of course I understand the bonus side of a 100,000 mile to a 60,000 mile, but if that was the case then Hyundai, GM, Mitsubishi, Kia would have the top selling cars

Toyota Warranty Coverage
Quote:
What warranty coverage do I have on my new Toyota vehicle?
Basic Coverage

36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Powertrain Coverage

60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel-drive system and rear-wheel drive).

Rust-Through Coverage

60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).
Nissan
Quote:
Every Nissan is backed by a 36-month/36,000-mile limited vehicle coverage
Basic Warranty: The basic warranty covers everything except items that are subject to wear and tear or replacement in the ordinary course of vehicle ownership, such as oil and air filters, wiper blades and brake pads. Tires and batteries are often excluded, but usually have their own warranty provided by the manufacturers of those items. Emissions equipment is required by Federal law to be covered for five years or 50,000 miles.

A 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage.
Drive Train Warranty: In some cases the drive train warranty continues after the basic warranty has expired. This part of the warranty covers most of the parts that make the vehicle move, including the engine, transmission, drive axles and driveshaft. Like the basic warranty, consumable parts such as hoses and belts are not covered. However, most of the internal parts of the engine, such as the pistons and bearings, which are also subject to wear and tear, are covered by the drive train warranty.
Roadside Assistance: Many manufacturers provide a service that will rescue you if your car leaves you stranded, even if it's your fault. Lock yourself our of your car? Run out of gas? Got a flat tire? A call to the manufacturer's toll-free number will result in somebody showing up who can help you out. There is a huge variance in these programs so check ahead of time to see what is covered and what you will have to pay for.

5 year / Unlimited miles Rust
Rust or Corrosion Warranty: Rust or Corrosion Warranty: This warranty covers the vehicle's sheet metal, and protects you from rust and corrosion that are severe enough to cause a hole - surface rust is not covered. However, if you keep your car washed and waxed rust shouldn't be a problem.

For extra protection, you can also add Security+Plus®, the only extended service agreement approved by Nissan.

Mazda Warranty Information
Quote:
Mazda warrants that new Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items, adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and certain other items are excluded. This transferable "limited warranty" is included on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

3-year/36,000-mile* "Bumper-to-Bumper" Limited Warranty
5-year/60,000-mile* Limited Powertrain Warranty
3-year/36,000-mile* 24/7 Roadside Assistance Program
* Whichever comes first.

Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty
Mazda warrants that new Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement and certain other items are excluded. This transferable "limited warranty" is included on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

Powertrain Limited Warranty
Mazda warrants that the Powertrain Components of new Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items, adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and certain other items are excluded. This “limited warranty” is transferable during the warranty period on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

24/7 Roadside Assistance
If Mazda vehicle is not driveable due to a warranted part failure during the coverage period of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36 months/36,000 miles), towing service will be covered to the nearest Mazda Dealer. In addition, if a Mazda vehicle is not driveable due to the failure of a warranted powertrain component, then towing service will be covered during the coverage period of the Powertrain Limited Warranty (60 months/60,000 miles).

Honda Limited Warranty Information
Quote:
3-Year/36,000-Mile New-Vehicle Limited Warranty.

5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty: Ordinary maintenance or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement, and certain items are excluded.

Accessory Limited Warranty: All Honda Genuine Accessories are covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles when installed at the time of new-vehicle purchase.

Replacement Parts Limited Warranty: Honda Genuine Parts are covered for 1 year. The warranty coverage for replacement parts purchased from and installed by a Honda dealer includes parts replacement and labor.

Remanufactured Parts Limited Warranty: Every Honda Genuine

Remanufactured Part is backed nationwide for 3 years or 36,000 miles.

5-Year/Unlimited-Miles Corrosion Limited Warranty.

Kia Warranty
Quote:
We have a lot of confidence in the quality and durability of every new Kia that rolls off the assembly line. So much confidence, that we offer an industry-leading Kia 10-year or 100,000-mile warranty program.

The Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program* consists of:
10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty
5-year/60,000-mile limited basic warranty
5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty
5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance plan
Each provides coverage until either the yearly or total mileage figure is reached—whichever comes first.

Mitsubishi Warranty
Quote:
10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

Applying to original owners of new, retailed 2015 Mitsubishi models, our Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the repair or replacement of select engine, transmission and transaxle powertrain components originally manufactured and installed by Mitsubishi that may become defective under normal use and maintenance, along with authorized Mitsubishi powertrain components installed by an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Coverage is for 10 years or 100,000 miles for most models (5 years or 60,000 miles for Lancer Evolution, Lancer Ralliart and i-MiEV models). Any subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

5-YEAR/60,000-MILE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY

Our New Vehicle Limited Warranty covers all of the parts in your new Mitsubishi for 5 years or 60,000 miles, with the exception of the battery, tires, air conditioner refrigerant, light bulbs and select entertainment/navigation system components, which carry their own warranties. For Lancer Evolution, Lancer Ralliart and i-MiEV models, this coverage is for 3 years or 36,000 miles. If any covered part fails during the coverage period, it will be repaired or replaced at an authorized Mitsubishi dealer or service center using genuine Mitsubishi parts.

7-YEAR/100,000-MILE ANTI-CORROSION/PERFORATION LIMITED WARRANTY

Covers perforation (metal rust-through) in outer body sheet metal panels due to corrosion during normal use for 7 years or 100,000 miles for every new Mitsubishi, including Lancer Evolution, Ralliart and i-MiEV models. Coverage excludes corrosion due to accidents, damage, abuse, abnormal use, vehicle alterations or contact with corrosive material such as sand, salt, hail, stones, chemicals, acids or fertilizers.

Dodge/Chrysler Warranty (both have the same)
Quote:
5-YEAR / 100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY.
We back every Dodge brand vehicle with the 5-Year/100,000-Mile Powertain Limited Warranty+. It covers the cost of all parts and Labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component. Coverage also includes towing to the nearest Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge or Ram vehicle dealer, if necessary. The warranty is also Transferable to a new owner during the warranty period. For details, see your Dodge dealer.

3-YEAR/36,000-MILE BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
The 3-Year/36,000-Mile Basic Limited Warranty+ provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle, from the body to the electrical system. The warranty is also transferable, and it includes towing, if necessary.

5-YEAR/100,000-MILE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Every Dodge vehicle comes with 5-Year/100,000-Mile Roadside Assistance Service+. When you need support with a battery jumpstart, gas delivery, flat tire service or towing to the nearest Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge or Ram vehicle dealer, help is only a phone call away. For details, see your Dodge vehicle dealer.

Hyundai Assurance Warranty

Last edited by King T; 03-13-2015 at 06:47 AM.
King T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:59 AM   #75
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Well GM has had a checkered pass so to earn your trust the 100k is a great thing and a game changer. Mitsubishi haven't has stiff competition and nothing exciting to look at . Kia has came along ways but they have stiff competition too .
Old 03-13-2015, 08:12 AM   #76
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
in real world terms this isn't really that important. in public relations however this is the worst possible thing to do with the worst possible time.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #77
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Cars are selling good enough post-recession in a warming economy, and GM isn't hungry enough for business, so they're cutting costs in a place where they don't think it will hurt sales. Plain and simple. If you're in the market for a 2016 Camaro, are you NOT going to buy it because it doesn't come with a 100k warranty anymore?

Hyundai was the one that leveled the market with its 100k warranty. It was virtually unheard of, and this was back when GM/Ford were still doing 3/36. The Germans were still doing 4/50k bumper to bumper. Longer warranties are only a more recent thing, and now that sales are back, manufacturers aren't doing anything they don't have to in order to move product.
This ^ yes I am sure some people it will effect.

but how many of you keep your car past 100K miles? I know the guys that use trucks and vehicles for work purposes will.

But how many of the average driver are driving more than 20,000 miles per year. You would have to average more than 20,000 miles per year to hit 100K before 5 years. Are some of you forgetting that that warranty is up in 5 years even if your car only has 50K on it?

I really don't see this as a big deal
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #78
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I don't think it effects the average Joe who gets a new car every 4-5 years but what about the work truck guys? My uncle had a 2012 Econoline van as his work van, transmission blew at 66k miles. For guys like him who put 20k miles a year on there trucks a 100k mile warranty is a big draw.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:51 AM   #79
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I don't think it effects the average Joe who gets a new car every 4-5 years but what about the work truck guys? My uncle had a 2012 Econoline van as his work van, transmission blew at 66k miles. For guys like him who put 20k miles a year on there trucks a 100k mile warranty is a big draw.
Exactly. Gm is gonna lose alot of fleet customers with this. I know my job puts 100k on its vehicles in about 2 years. Having a powertrain warranty for that extra year makes a big difference. They are gonna be in the market for new cars in the next few years and now gm lost a huge advantage in their decision to write a check for around 15 vehicles
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #80
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^ yes I am sure some people it will effect.

but how many of you keep your car past 100K miles? I know the guys that use trucks and vehicles for work purposes will.

But how many of the average driver are driving more than 20,000 miles per year. You would have to average more than 20,000 miles per year to hit 100K before 5 years. Are some of you forgetting that that warranty is up in 5 years even if your car only has 50K on it?

I really don't see this as a big deal
No matter what it's the perception and GM's history!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #81
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Most of my cars get modded and/or don't go over 10-15k a year so this is no big deal to me but when it came time for my Mother and sister to get a new car I searched and found a new LFX Impala for my Mother and a new Cruze for my little sister. Part of the reason is they do alot of highway miles (over 15k a year) and they only have 1 car each so I wanted a AMERICAN car with a good warranty so if any problems do come up they are covered. When it comes time for them to get another car I will now look at Ford and Dodge as well. Just going off of what I did with their cars and what I will now do in the future tells me that this decision by GM will in fact hurt sales. The warranty most certainly was a deciding factor when getting their cars despite what GM said.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #82
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Doesn't the challenger have a 5 year 100,000 warranty?

And why other cars forum? Isn't the camaro a chevy? Or we just running damage control for the brand?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #83
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I read this as Chevrolet is seeing how shitty the Displacement On Demand is, along with their oil life monitoring system.

Yes, let's shut off these 4 cylinders for extended periods of time, and then go 20k on a non-synthetic oil. What could POSSIBLY go wrong in 100,000 miles?!?!??!
Agree. Our 14 Silverado was in for a new oil pump..... At 5,000 miles. I don't think cutting warranty is a grand idea for public image.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #84
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
People are actually trying to defend this . There's no way to slice this as a positive except it puts extra money in gm. Free transportation isn't going to make up for cutting the warranty almost in half
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote