Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #29
DrillinU

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2012camaroSS View Post
Since you asked Paul Conte Chevrolet. Freeport NY
Freeport Dealships always gets vandalized. I know Hassel BMW got vandalized several times.
DrillinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #30
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Op-
Are there any cameras at the dealership?
Are there any cameras at other businesses that might overlook the lot?
Are there signs posted claiming they are not responsible for damages afterhours, or for dropped off cars?
When a business allows a customer knowingly to drop off a car in a area that has repeated vandalism or other crimes supposedly repeatedly committed in a short period of time it is negligence, and you should dig for the police reports attributed to this address and contact a attorney to see if they may be interested........
Old 12-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #31
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I know no one wants to hear this but I'm going to post it because everyone who posted in this thread needs to know.

Dealerships are not responsible for your car or anything inside of it while it's on the premises, be it in front of the dealership, behind a fence or inside the shop. Neither are body shops or repair centers. Which is why all of these businesses have signs posted in the service area stating exactly that.

What happened to you is horrible and dealers have miles to go when it comes to acceptable customer service. However that doesn't mean this particular dealership is guilty of stealing your tires and wheels, damaging your car and leaving it on blocks. Suggesting an inside job is ridiculous, a few people did that and no one objected. It's a disgrace that this sort of lynch mob mentality is permitted here. Many dealerships are victims of wheel theft and vandalism. I don't know why only your car was targeted but not knowing why isn't reason to call a dealership into question. There is no security except cameras and they've no responsibility to share the video with you.

I hope everything works out for the op but thinking GM should take responsibility for a random act of theft and vandalism is equally incredible and illogical. GM is correct to refer you to the dealer. That's where things went awry. GM didn't damage your car, repair your car nor paint your car. If you get the car back from said dealer different than you gave it and you gave them the chance to remedy the situation and they failed, get it repaired properly elsewhere & pay out of pocket, (or get estimates of what a proper fix will cost) then take them to small claims court and force them to recompense you.

Good luck and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Feel free to flame away, which is inevitable.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #32
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I know no one wants to hear this but I'm going to post it because everyone who posted in this thread needs to know.

Dealerships are not responsible for your car or anything inside of it while it's on the premises, be it in front of the dealership, behind a fence or inside the shop. Neither are body shops or repair centers. Which is why all of these businesses have signs posted in the service area stating exactly that.

What happened to you is horrible and dealers have miles to go when it comes to acceptable customer service. However that doesn't mean this particular dealership is guilty of stealing your tires and wheels, damaging your car and leaving it on blocks. Suggesting an inside job is ridiculous, a few people did that and no one objected. It's a disgrace that this sort of lynch mob mentality is permitted here. Many dealerships are victims of wheel theft and vandalism. I don't know why only your car was targeted but not knowing why isn't reason to call a dealership into question. There is no security except cameras and they've no responsibility to share the video with you.

I hope everything works out for the op but thinking GM should take responsibility for a random act of theft and vandalism is equally incredible and illogical. GM is correct to refer you to the dealer. That's where things went awry. GM didn't damage your car, repair your car nor paint your car. If you get the car back from said dealer different than you gave it and you gave them the chance to remedy the situation and they failed, get it repaired properly elsewhere & pay out of pocket, (or get estimates of what a proper fix will cost) then take them to small claims court and force them to recompense you.

I don't care what they post on signs. If they have my car, THEY are responsible, period.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #33
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
Yup I live on Long Island and Freeport sucks. The dealerships ALLWAYS get vandalized there.
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #34
cmracing

Drives: 2014 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2012camaroSS View Post
The police dont give a damn. I tried to follow up with the Detective but he didnt have the time. The rims were stock but I did have them powder coated. Funny thing is I said to the manager ok ill let you order the new replacement rims and tires make some money just make sure my car is right. Did you ever see the markup these criminals charge? Came close to 5k for stock ss rims and a set of garbage pirellies. When I got my car back In my mind I just had to let the whole situation go. I didnt want to be the one going to jail if you know what I mean. Im somewhat satisfied with the paint just have to get a couple more spots wet sanded out. As far as GM goes they suck a×× I complained to them they referred me back to the dealership.
Should have said you were going to buy new wheels and tires. I am probably going to sell my originals off my 2014 SS soon, 800 miles on them.

Anyway, hope you get your car fixed to your satisfaction.
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #35
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Omg.... that's crazy!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #36
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
This has to be up there with the Delaware dealership totaling the dudes ZL1 he brought in for service and the owner refused to fix it until a national campaign started. Some dealerships just amaze me!
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #37
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
You can always call the local news and they will easily investigate you know they are always looking for garbage like this.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #38
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I don't care what they post on signs. If they have my car, THEY are responsible, period.

Legally no.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #39
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
It makes me glad I got a great Service Manager at Power Chevy Superstition Springs. If My car stays overnight, he puts it inside even though Punks could break in and still damage it, I feel better knowing that's it's inside.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #40
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post

Flame me too....the guy is absolutely 100% correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post

No offense, I certainly don't want to pour salt on a huge wound but you're wrong, unfortunately.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #41
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
It makes me glad I got a great Service Manager at Power Chevy Superstition Springs. If My car stays overnight, he puts it inside even though Punks could break in and still damage it, I feel better knowing that's it's inside.
I do that for some of my customers as well, if they ask. We don't have vandalism problems at my dealership(even though we're not in a great area) but it can happen anywhere.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #42
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
No offense, I certainly don't want to pour salt on a huge wound but you're wrong, unfortunately.
Think/know what you want. I've seen many cases like this rule in favor of the client. I'm not wrong, and not every case may win, but it is a WINNABLE case, especially if you can show a pattern and negligence.

zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote