Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #29
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
They have sold over 400,000 Camaros, what house holds can't afford one??

Now take into account all of the other new cars, and trucks sold in the last five years. There is a crap load of new vehicles sold every year..

Some people don't care about having a new car, they have different life styles, and different hobbies. Everyone spends there money differently...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #30
Gamecock SS

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Eh, I'm 25 and I bring home over 100K a year...I guess some people don't mind working their asses off for money to afford nice things lol.

I bought my first Camaro at the age of 24! It was a birthday gift to myself and then again this year I bought a new one as a gift as well. The only things my parents did to help was by driving me to the dealership to pick it up.

You do have a very nice looking Camaro.

K&N Thyphoon CAI
HURST Billet/Plus Short Throw
Gamecock SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #31
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I never said people that make less than me don't work their asses off, but then again that's all perspective.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #32
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
100K jobs are not nearly as scarce as they used to be, nor does it go as far. If you pick the right thing to study in college these days a young person can make ridiculous money.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #33
OneSickS10

Drives: 2011 SG Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
100K jobs are not nearly as scarce as they used to be, nor does it go as far. If you pick the right thing to study in college these days a young person can make ridiculous money.
True. Not to mention location. 100k a year in DC, NY or Cali is not like 100k in Oklahoma or Louisiana. Cost of living changes dramatically.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #34
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
I had one guy say i must be rich. Wt......really!!!!!
Said .......nope .....and drove away.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 PM   #35
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
cool story
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 AM   #36
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock SS View Post
Hmmm. I owned a 90 ZR1 at an early age and have an SS now. I love both cars, but I honestly overall love my SS more.

It just looks meaner.
You had a c4 zr1?!
I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't wanna use my down payment money on a c4 zr1 it's just an amazing car but I know I could never afford the parts or repairs! At least not until I'm outta college and have room for a second car
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #37
MrBojangles528

Drives: 2014 2LT-RS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I don't mind young people with nice cars, but I can't stand young people that brag about their nice cars and house at a young age etc. Plenty of people work hard and are tight with their money and still can't afford a 30-40k car.
Yea, I'm the same way.

Quote:
Eh, I'm 25 and I bring home over 100K a year...I guess some people don't mind working their asses off for money to afford nice things lol.

I bought my first Camaro at the age of 24! It was a birthday gift to myself and then again this year I bought a new one as a gift as well. The only things my parents did to help was by driving me to the dealership to pick it up.
That's awesome that you make so much and can afford two Camaros, but you have to admit you're making well above most people your age, and really a lot of the population. I don't doubt for a second you work your ass off for it, but there's more to the story than just hard work. A lot of people work hard but don't get paid nearly that much. I'm 27 and make a little over half as much as you, and even then I know I'm doing better than a lot of people these days.

It all comes down to priorities though really. Camaros certainly are not cheap cars by any means, compared with like an base model Kia or something. They aren't overly expensive like a true luxury brand or anything, but when you are making an average income you have to make tradeoffs with other luxuries to afford a $30-50k car.

What that guy really meant was he wishes he could afford it without having to make sacrifices elsewhere.
MrBojangles528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:24 AM   #38
MrBojangles528

Drives: 2014 2LT-RS Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
I never said people that make less than me don't work their asses off, but then again that's all perspective.
Nevermind I see you already responded haha.

Just curious, do you own two Gen5 Camaros at the same time? I think if I could afford two cars I would want to switch it up haha. What are the specs on yours?
MrBojangles528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #39
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I paid more for my GMC Acadia than I did my Camaro.. Yet everyone thinks the opposite. It is funny about the perception it gives..

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
Gamecock SS

Drives: 2012 LS3 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Convertible View Post
I came out of COSTCO today & a young man (mid 20s) was taking a picture of my Camaro. He told me how beautiful it was. He had made my day until he preceded to tell me it wasn't fair that most people can't afford one until they're old. I smiled. We know that isn't true don't we ��

Sigh.....
I had kinda the same thing happen today. I was at the base barber shop, only a 2 seat shop that mostly higher ranking people go to. The two ladies that cut hair know everyone that comes in by name and you don't have to tell them what kind of haircut you want because they remember the style, wife's name, kids, dog and your hometown. As I was sitting there, a Col was getting his haircut next to me and as he was done and getting ready to leave the lady asked him are you driving the hot rod today, he replied with, I have the truck. She said that black hot rod isn't yours. I replied, heck I can't afford that car... I laughed... She says, is that yours, I replied with a big grin and said Yes Ma'am. She says aohhhh. Nice.

K&N Thyphoon CAI
HURST Billet/Plus Short Throw
Gamecock SS is offline   Reply With Quote