#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #29
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
At least with the Charger, you can go, "Oh, that's a Charger." Not, "Is that a Malibu?"
True!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #30
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i dont understand why the OP got rid of his car cause of a rough idle. thats like selling my house cause a toilet leaked. i dont get it. i would get to the root of the problem, go to another dealer or something . but that seems drastic.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #31
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I know exactly how the OP feels and why he traded his car away. It is the same reason more or less why I sold mine and moved on. I loved the car and it was a beautiful machine. The fact remains that in less than 4 years, I had to have warranty work done on the passenger seat (jammed), broken shifter, ac belt/pulley ( replaced belt). The lifters clacked somethin fierce when cold and then I started to smell burning oil with symptoms indicative of a rear main seal failure. I am not keeping, repairing, and settling for a vehicle that requires two significant engine repairs before 20K miles. Cars are like cats...there are too many good ones to put up with a bad one. My bad one went to the curb and the OP wasn't wrong to trust his instincts and do the same.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #32
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I'd like to hear what you think of the SS Sedan. GM can't be selling a lot of these, seems like a performance Impala type audience for $10k more.
Performance Impala? Have you read the reviews?
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...rive#viewSpecs
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_comparison/

Mark Reuss said he would be happy if they sell 3,000/yr (they import 500 at a time). They have sold 1,445 YTD which is right on track for 3,000/yr.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Camaro5 members never cease to amuse me...

Better luck with the SS. It's a pretty damn good car judging by reviews and owner impressions.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #34
FenwickHockey65

I would too, Corvette's a better vastly better car than Camaro and SS.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #35
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Actually for the price of the SS, I'd chip in a bit more and get the Caddy station wagon with the LSA and M6.

If any late model American car becomes collectible, it will probably be the CTS-V Wagon.
Believe it or not, it's just as fast, if not faster around a racetrack as it's brethren. I ran it at Spring Mountain in Vegas against the coupe and 4 door. I was slightly faster in the wagon.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #36
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
SS is a fantastic car. I wouldn't throw the Camaro SS under the bus though.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 AM   #37
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Thank you for the well wishes from those of you who have a sense of decency and tact. I didn't plan this or want this to happen. I loved my Camaro more than words can explain. Love seems like too weak a word when it comes to the connection I had with my car. I will truly miss her and as I mentioned previously, will probably regret this forever.

Rough idle was the name I gave the thread. I used rough idle in the thread title to give people a reason to open the thread and see what the issue might be. You get more interested people with that title rather than Misfire Code p0300. It wasn't simply a rough idle that made me trade her. It's a consistent misfire that has been ongoing for over a year that has jumped from cylinder to cylinder. Two different dealers have failed to properly diagnose the issue, and the latter was content to charge me 300 a pop when there "fix" lasted less than a week. Yes, she was modded, but three misfires inside of a year is a bit much, don't you think?

I won't be goaded to the level of the immature internet trolls who make snide comments. I'm much more content knowing that I'm a good person and don't need to insult someone I don't even know in a cowardly, anonymous manner. As a rule of thumb, never say something on the internet that you wouldn't say to someone's face. Would you walk up to someone you don't know at a car show and say "your car sucks"? 99% of you wouldn't do that, so why would you do that on an enthusiast website? Honestly, some of you give Camaro owners a bad name and if you don't even own a Camaro and your trolling here? LOL, loser.

Anyway, one day in and I have to report that the Sedan is a vastly different animal. Handling is certainly on par with my Camaro despite the fact that I put coilovers on the Camaro. Power isn't quite there just yet, but I'm breaking her in gently and I expect she'll respond differently when she's broke in. A few pictures.

If you're going to post negative comments then please go away. I don't need your negativity.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured

Last edited by Frank in MD; 06-29-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #38
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
This is why when you modify a car you need to be patient and prepared. Odds are 90% of the time whatever mod you had planned will not go the way you envisioned. You need to be prepared to have to fix and replace ANY part related to any aftermarket part you install. Even simple mods like bolt ons can cause a lot of issues. IMO you needed to be a little more patient than two weeks to figure out the issue. But you know you're going to do what you want anyway.
I think you just really wanted and were ready for something new. It could have cost you $2,000 to get this idle issue you fixed and I KNOW you would have a ton more cash left in your pocket. Between trading in that L99 and getting the SS, it had to have cost you at least $20,000. You could have bought a turbo/supercharger, brought it to a real nice shop, had them install that AND fix whatever was messing up your idle and still been on top a little over 10gs.
Hope this SS works out for you, I would definitely drive one. Just think you rushed into something. And you know, you can get upset with "negative" posts but this is a forum so as long as people offer a reasonable amount of respect they can say whatever their opinion is. If you didn't want to hear our take then...you know...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Guys, let OP make his own decision instead of everyone else playing as if they're his Mom.

The SS is a beautiful car and from the pictures he took I think most of us can agree. It's what he wanted and that's what he got. Would I have done the same? No. But I'm sure OP had more reasons than just because the 'maro had a rough idle.

It sickens me that instead of congratulating him on a new car, most of you are whining about it.
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #40
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post
Guys, let OP make his own decision instead of everyone else playing as if they're his Mom.

The SS is a beautiful car and from the pictures he took I think most of us can agree. It's what he wanted and that's what he got. Would I have done the same? No. But I'm sure OP had more reasons than just because the 'maro had a rough idle.

It sickens me that instead of congratulating him on a new car, most of you are whining about it.
For somebody who is a Great Ruiner of Plans, you sure are level-headed
Old 06-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #41
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMTHEDANGER View Post

It's Camaro5. If you blaspheme against the all holy super rare exotic 5th gen Camaro you get shunned.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #42
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Very nice. I think you will enjoy it.