Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
phongul

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
ZL1 Front Conversion. What are cowl lines?

Hi, I'm planning on doing a ZL1 Bumper conversion on my SS. Did some research and found that everything fits perfectly except the cowl lines?

Are the cowl lines the lines where the LT/SS Hood goes down and the line at the edge of the top of the bumper meet up that doesn't match? And if I bought a ZL1 hood would that fix the problem?

And for anyone who has done the conversion, do all the bolts and rivets and stuff all fit into the correct positions as the stock SS Placements or will I have to create extra nail holes, etc?

Thank You������

Last edited by phongul; 05-07-2014 at 10:16 AM.
phongul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
I've attached a picture of the cowl lines. In order for the bumper to match the SS cowl lines, the lines need to be moved in...like around 1.5" (I think). The ZL1 cowl is wider than the SS.

The only holes that I had to make were 2 extra holes in the splash shields...the ZL1 bumper has one more hole. Other then that...it bolted up just fine. I did have to remove my ADM Race Scoop though....ZL1 bumper wouldn't fit with the scoop installed...
Attached Images

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
paslag

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by phongul View Post

Are the cowl lines the lines where the LT/SS Hood goes down and the line at the edge of the top of the bumper meet up that doesn't match?

Thank Youí*½í¸ƒí*½í¸ƒí*½í¸ƒ

Exactly that

Envoyé de mon iPhone avec Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
phongul

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Thank you, answered my question perfectly!!!
phongul is offline   Reply With Quote