#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Oh yeah I forgot to say I was listening to CCR and enjoying a calm night out with my wife.

No sir, nothing at all. I would fess up if I did.

Jim
I believe you, but if he gave you a ticket the offense must have been noted on it.

I assume you fought it. How'd that turn out?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #30
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
If your colored and live in Arizona cops have the right to stop and question you. Now that is racism.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #31
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B_InfernoSS View Post
You have to realize as LEOs we don't know who you are. You know who you are, and you have no idea what we deal with day in and day out. There is a large disconnect there that makes most officers seem a little harsh or aggressive, and 99% of that is being on top of a situation for officer safety. There is no such thing as a "routine traffic stop" and any cop will tell you that. Most times people dont understand why we do what we do or say what we say, but like i said earlier it is all about officer safety and going home at the end of shift.

OP, sorry you feel inconvenienced for the 10 minute stop. We're not all crooked and "assholes" like everyone makes us out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally understand and have realized this in my many years on this planet. I treat them with respect and typically get it back in return .......
However, making statements as "what did you have to sell to afford this" is just a plain stupid comment by the officer and is obviously harassing him if nothing else was left out of the real story.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #32
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
"A legit reason" is all up to the officers discretion. He could say that he thinks the car is too loud, or it looked like you're speeding, thought he saw a headlight out, your window tint looked too dark. these are all "legit reasons". Kinda hard to argue the officers opinion when it comes to "Do you know why i pulled you over?".

now granted, if its constant and theres nothing more to this story than the OP is telling us...then yea, its a little much i think lol
Thanks for spreading your ignorance but the internet is all stocked up.

If you truly believe that a cop can pull you over if "it looked like you're speeding" I'll happily take your share of your rights as you're obviously not using them.

In order to initiate a stop the police officer MUST observe a violation or crime, OR have probable cause(that means observable evidence prior to the stop) that there is a crime.

When a cop stops me and asks "Do you know why I pulled you over" my immediate response is: "the burden of proof is on you, not me; so tell me why did you pull me over?"
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #33
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
I got pulled over because cop that i was drunk. When I told him "Did I swerve into another lane? Am I driving erratic? Am I exceeding speed limit?" he didn't answer me and just started giving me a field sobriety test. Of course I passed and he said nothing other than "your good" and then I was on my way.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #34
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Take it with a grain of salt as a African American Male statistics show we are....... no need to go into details, just understand there doing a job, that can sometimes be perceived as CRUDE or HARASSING. Its the price we pay. Do I agree with the methods, NO can i call my congress man/Woman and complain to supervisors yes... at the end of the day if you were transporting drugs or had a family or friends dead body in your trunk those are the exact questions I would want him to ask.

Take it as a compliment my car is STOCK yet BAD ASS that the police come after your for nothing

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #35
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
sounds like he is a clown and jealous and/or is miserable with his own life would be my initial guess .... or maybe he was hoping to pull you over and find some "goodies" that you were "selling" ...
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #36
murfdog2305

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS CGM, 2003 S-10 V6RWD
Has anyone else been pulled over for the "license plate light seems a little dim"?

If that ever happens to me again, I will first check the malfunction on the car itself (which was fraudulently claimed to me- the cop lied.) and then call the state police during the stop.
murfdog2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #37
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Will anyone with a law degree in here please raise their hand? [raises hand] Will The person that posted that it is legal in Arizona to pull over "colored" people please point me to that law? I'd love to read it. Thanks.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #38
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuf Cruz View Post
Where did the OP say he was acting like a jackass?
Where did I say he said that?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #39
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Will anyone with a law degree in here please raise their hand? [raises hand] Will The person that posted that it is legal in Arizona to pull over "colored" people please point me to that law? I'd love to read it. Thanks.
Ignore the race-baiter. He's just trying to stir the pot.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #40
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
The ticket said speeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I believe you, but if he gave you a ticket the offense must have been noted on it.

I assume you fought it. How'd that turn out?
Okay, not sure if you are a police officer or just trying to be a little smart.

Yes the offense was on their and he said he was giving me a break for the "swerving". So he just gave me a speeding ticket.

If I fight it in Arizona and lose because the Judge believes the cop it goes on my record. If I don't and take an online driving course. "Hah". And I pass it then I pay a smaller fine and no points. That's what I did.

I am also not understanding why you don't think it's possible that he was just out for me and my car. Do you think that profiling of 'high performance cars' doesn't exist?

Jim
Old 04-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #41
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I have a cammed ls3 with LT's, Catless Leads, 3" Exhaust and cops leave me alone... think the cop just wanted to be a dick that night.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #42
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
LEOs don't have to know what exhausts comes on every vehicle.

LEOs don't know who you are. They're main job is to keep the streets and community (includes you) safe. They also need to stay safe themselves.

LEOs should only be stopping a vehicle on reasonable suspicion or witnessing violations. We know not all do, but isn't there some A-holes in every job? Pray you get the professional and not the A-hole.

LEOs ask a question, then politely answer. LEOs are people and most of the time they respond in kind. Don't be a d*ck. You only would only want to clam up if you are afraid that you could hang yourself with loose lips.

First, know your laws and study up on them. If a LEO says your exhaust is too loud, make them prove it by asking the LEO if he/she's got a calibrated dB meter on him/her. If the LEO does, then ask that he/she measure it in accordance with the state/local ordinances (many places have them, but there's no national standard- usually it's some dB level from a certain feet away. Kansas is 90 dB max from 50 ft). If they don't have one, then ask them to cite you for it if they feel strongly about it. If they don't want to do that, ask is that all and can you leave?

Buy a cheap dB meter which will give you a good idea if you're approaching/exceeding legal dB limits. It's not scientific, but it gets you in the ballpark.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote