Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
Ammo25

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
Ding Repair

Some people just don't respect themselves or cars! I have a few door dings I want to get fixed, a couple have paint chips so I need touch up as well. Can anyone recommend someone? Looking for a good price and quality. Thx!
Ammo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
We use Sumner Collision and Auto. Great service, they do a great job. Match my SGM perfectly. Ask for Kevin.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
I recently got a big ass dent and scrape on my front passenger fender from some kind of highway debris. I glanced down at my phone for literally one second to see what exit I needed to take, and I hear a thud. I assumed it was a truck tire or something and it felt like it was down below the door, but no, it thwacked my fender pretty good, and got all the way up to the crease at the very top, and drug itself backward as it flew away. I never saw it. I assumed there would be no damage until I parked at my destination and had a look. Holy. Shit. No way it would be the same with a paint and blend, especially with the metal flake in the paint. So I just ordered some vented carbon fiber fenders and a hood. Whee!

Just wanted to tell that story. XD I was effing pissed when it happened, but nothing I could do.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
bluels3

Drives: 2013 2ss blue
I just got my first door ding last week. The only problem with the design of our cars is that the body line is the first thing that gets hit. It costs twice as much to fix a ding in a body line. It doesn't matter how far away you park someone will always park next to you and they don't care what happens when they open their door. I mean how hard is it to hold your door until you get out and make sure you don't hit anything.
bluels3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
SS/RS VERT

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluels3 View Post
how hard is it to hold your door until you get out and make sure you don't hit anything.
Jealous people don't care. So hard to keep a nice car in spotless condition with a-holes running rampant in society.