Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #141
WndWarrior

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Update; after having my car computer re-flashed no more flashing Cel. Have gone over 1000 miles since, car seems to be running pretty good now..
The good people at Paradise Chevy took care of me! I will go there again for any service needs, warranty or not. I have to pass 3 other dealerships to get there, about an hour drive...
Thanks Brian!
WndWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #142
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rknezz View Post
So , I got the car back, and everything was good.
For 2 days or something, and then last night the Check engine light went back on.

The dealer checked it this morning, and got a technician to come out to talk to me. Basically, same code, they said, they need to really get in there, and replace parts. Not sure, maybe valves? They are ordering it right now - should come monday.

Ok.

I drove it away from the dealership, 5 minutes later the Check Engine light went OFF.

This raises a few issues.
1. Should I replace the parts anyway?
2. Why would this light be on and off?
3. If i wasnt covered by warranty, this light show would have costed me some 400 dollars the first time around (I asked the dealer), and if it had stayed on while the parts are being replaced, I dunno how many more hundreds of dollars. Would a dealer charge me a second time for a similar job? How would GM deal with this? How would I as a consumer deal with it? do I just ask dealers for refund?
5. Is this normal - that a brand new car bought has had 4 check engine lights in the last two winters - a computer chip replaced and this time they were planning to replace some more parts?
6. Dealer technician said something about the problem with direct injection. Is there a way for me to reduce this carbon build up (after market, better gas? )

Thanks
- Frustrated
You need to run a tank with fuel injector cleaner that also removes water, or dry gas and fuel injector cleaner.
Hold off the warranty work and make a decision after.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #143
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndWarrior View Post
Update; after having my car computer re-flashed no more flashing Cel. Have gone over 1000 miles since, car seems to be running pretty good now..
The good people at Paradise Chevy took care of me! I will go there again for any service needs, warranty or not. I have to pass 3 other dealerships to get there, about an hour drive...
Thanks Brian!
Glad to read that your concerns are resolved. Don't hesitate to let us know if you experience any other potential issues moving forward.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #144
brainwave69

Drives: 2013 V6 1LT w/ rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndWarrior View Post
Thanks Brian!
No problem happy to help!
brainwave69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #145
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
2013 1LT RS with just under 5k miles and I also started getting the CEL flashing as well. I know most people love their Camaro and I have always loved Camaros but after this car I am now on the other side and hate this car. Not sure if the SS's have the same issue but I know the 2010 Silverado that I had never had these issues and got better gas mileage with a V8 and once I get rid of this car I will never buy another Chevy with the V6.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #146
d4rknezz

Drives: Camaro LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
You need to run a tank with fuel injector cleaner that also removes water, or dry gas and fuel injector cleaner.
Hold off the warranty work and make a decision after.
Update:

Thanks for the suggestion.
I actually brought it in and allowed them to replace the components (valves and all) before I read this - but here is the update :

- Engine light came back on.
- Components replaced for carbon build up (This tuesday)
- Next day, Car started wailing. Brought it back in, they have accidentally somehow introduced air in the power steering. Bled air out.
- Today - Engine light is back on.

I dont think carbon build up is the issue here, no matter what their codes say.
I am now in and out the dealership for the last 3 weeks, 3 cases of engine lights, 1 case of air in power steering, and we are no closer to fixing this issue then when i started 3 weeks ago.

What else can a guy do? Is there ever a point to call GM canada about this? Should I bring it to a different dealership?
d4rknezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #147
d4rknezz

Drives: Camaro LT RS
Re : Dry gas and Fuel injector cleaner :

Do i just add a couple bottle of these into my gas tank? Can i add them together (mix) or do i do them separated by days? Do i add them on a full tank?

Im gonna go to canadian tire this evening and see what I can get there.
d4rknezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #148
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
is the Camaro V6 a direct injection engine? there are lots of carbon buildup issues with other makers on direct injection motors, but GM engines I thought didn't have these issues.

I doubt it's a carbon buildup issue. Carbon buildup causes pre-ignition... not misfires. Misfires are usually lack of spark... things like bad spark plugs, wires, coils.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #149
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
So thoughts on this. I had bought a 2014 2ls back In nov of 2013. Within first 2 weeks I was at the dealership for a blinking check engine light. The first time they found it said it was bad spark plugs or coils and switched them around. Few days later. Same thing. So got the spark plugs changed. Keep in mind this is around 500-800
Miles into my car. My cars running well out of no where a few weeks later. My dashboard lights up and car is losing power. And about 30 seconds later back to normal. After that eveything worked well up until 3800 miles I went in for a oil chnage this morning. Get In my car within 5 minutes of driving it. Check engine light blinking for 30 seconds and goes away . .. This happens 3 or 4 times. On maybe a 20 minute drive . Call my dealership and they tell me to keep them informed. So driving home later and service stabirtack comes on car loses power and check engine light is solid. Going to call tommow and make and appointment but any ideas. Could this have anything to do with the oil pump? I'm not to technical with cars so any ideas ?
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #150
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Sounds to me like an ignition issue, but could be something else. That's really pathetic for a new car, but hopefully it's an easy fix. Dealer should be able to fix it.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #151
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
Sounds to me like an ignition issue, but could be something else. That's really pathetic for a new car, but hopefully it's an easy fix. Dealer should be able to fix it.
Yea taking it in Tuesday let's hope it goes well
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:47 AM   #152
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
I own a 2012 2LS and the other day I was driving and accelerated a little hard and the CEL flashed for about 10 seconds and went away. I turned the car off and let it rest for 10mins and started it up...now it shakes /rumbles at idle...please help!
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #153
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Miles / Mods? usually a misfire code. mine happened when my cats went bad, but I am slightly modded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
I own a 2012 2LS and the other day I was driving and accelerated a little hard and the CEL flashed for about 10 seconds and went away. I turned the car off and let it rest for 10mins and started it up...now it shakes /rumbles at idle...please help!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #154
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Miles / Mods? usually a misfire code. mine happened when my cats went bad, but I am slightly modded...
K&N CAI and SLP LM2
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote