Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Stealth Mud Flaps

Has anybody bought and installed these ???

It says all hardware comes with it and you do not have to take wheels off.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1815
Old 02-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #2
RajaCamaro

Drives: 2017 Volt Premier - 2013 2LT/RS
I still waiting for mine to arrived ..
hopefully I don't need to take my wheels off (as what they said)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaCamaro View Post
I still waiting for mine to arrived ..
hopefully I don't need to take my wheels off (as what they said)
Please let me know...RPI and I have had problems in the past so, I am a little weary on what they say..

THANKS!!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I almost bought those, but after reading many reviews here about how bad the rear stealth guards are, I bought these instead.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2271

You don't need to remove the wheels to install the front ones. The fronts come with a metal clip to secure the top of the splash guard along with reusing the OEM screws for the bottom of the guard.. I also used some 3M body moulding tape where the splash guard meets the body.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
RajaCamaro

Drives: 2017 Volt Premier - 2013 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBsSS View Post
Please let me know...RPI and I have had problems in the past so, I am a little weary on what they say..

THANKS!!
I will ...
Cheers,
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
If your talking about the flat ones front and back then I have them. Flat black color. I like them and they stay put. If I remember right as I ordered them quite some time ago, they arrived promptly. The back ones required you to cut a spacer (supplied soft plastic tube) which I thought to be a little cheesy, but they have lasted and like I said, they stay in place. No rock chips so far so they work.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:

THANKS!!
I'm the same. I'm literally 50/50 with them. 50% of the products I bought form them came in great and have held up really well for almost a year. The other 50% came in wrong or with crappy paint on them and they never responded to my complaint.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I have had them on all there of my Camaro's. Nope tires stay on. a little tight fit for the rears but if you got time it all works.

skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #9
Mrted775

Drives: RED ROCK 2014 2LT/RS
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2271

Also looking at these for my 2014 RS. Would like to see some installed pics if anyone has these on their 2014.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
I've had them for years, They work great for the price. I have the plain/ black ones, they are Stealth. You can't see them unless they are pointed out. The body color painted, stick out... Enjoy.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #11
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
You can make those yourself. They look pretty basic.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Quote:

THANKS!!
Hi KBsSS, The past is the past, let's work on the future If you would like to get the splash guards and give them a try, if you are not happy with them you can send them back for a full refund. We have a couple different types of splash guards, this kit we make the front and rear ones, since the rear fender well is recessed there are spacers that you have to trim to make them fit. We also sell ones that come with a GM molded rear splash guards that will be a little easier to install (they are more expensive ) and then we sell the GM molded front and rear splash guards (that are even more expensive) Not sure what your goal is but don't forget use coupon code RPIDON and get 10% off. Please give me a call if you have any questions 888-257-8515 ext 2. Thanks, Don
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #13
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Thank you everyone for the feed back, whether it is good or bad we want to hear about it. Especially if it is Good But Like I had said in the past if you have a problem I would like to hear about it. I can't fix what I don't know, just give me a call 888-257-8515 ext 2. Awsme SS you are correct they are a simple design and if you got the tools, the skill and the material they could be made at home. It reminds me of a friend of mine posted on Facebook the other night, he was in the mood for Tacos and due to the weather the local Chipolte was closed so he went to Shoprite and bought $16.00 worth of groceries to make the tacos himself. Needless to say he paid more and they were not as good as if he got them at Chipolte. So with this set of splash guards we try to keep it simple to keep the cost down
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #14
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
Thank you everyone for the feed back, whether it is good or bad we want to hear about it. Especially if it is Good But Like I had said in the past if you have a problem I would like to hear about it. I can't fix what I don't know, just give me a call 888-257-8515 ext 2. Awsme SS you are correct they are a simple design and if you got the tools, the skill and the material they could be made at home. It reminds me of a friend of mine posted on Facebook the other night, he was in the mood for Tacos and due to the weather the local Chipolte was closed so he went to Shoprite and bought $16.00 worth of groceries to make the tacos himself. Needless to say he paid more and they were not as good as if he got them at Chipolte. So with this set of splash guards we try to keep it simple to keep the cost down
I do have these. The front splash guards are easy to install. The back ones are a pain as their mounting thingy isn't well built for our car. I have to modify it and use my own adhesive to make it look perfect.

^^^ If you guys want to fix this little hiccup, send me a new bracket and I will test it out. The last time I contacted you guys, you said "no...can't do anything about it".

Overall: It is a very good splash guard...stealth indeed...works great and looks good if installed properly.

*No need to remove the tires...you just need to work around it.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote