Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Went into the dealer and told them to program it as if it was a 2lt...they cant do it because it is not an option when reprogramming it...sigh...
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
So I installed 2ss door panels on my 1lt that came with ambient lighting. I went to the dealership Saturday and the service manager said his camaro/corvette tech were not in as they had a skeleton crew that day. So I took it back today and spoke with the tech. He said yes he can reprogram the bcm for the lighting. He printed out a schematics sheet and said if he couldn't he could contact gm and they could help him out. Long story short...It coudn't work.

Advice on what I should do? For those of you that have had this done, can you help me? Ideas beside T-taping?

This is the second time in a row this dealership has fallen through, but they said let us make up for the second time. Well they failed this time around,again (I understand it is not a routine request). I am not going to put this dealership on blast and release their name. I will give them the opportunity to help fix this, if I can get some solid advice from people that have had this done. Thanks for your help camaro5
If you would like me to research this for you, please provide me in a PM you first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership name.

I look forward to working with you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #17
dostrosk
Oman396

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Hi,

Just wondering where this left off as I am attempting the same mod not wanting to t-tap wires, etc- did dealer program so the door ABL works or is it not possible?

I have a 12 LT1 and recently purchased/installed the ABL door panels with oem LEDs. The door harness does have the plugs for ABL-connected them right up, but the lights do not come on at all. Any insight would be appreciated before I take a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!
Dave
dostrosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM   #18
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
1. Wow. Necro'd.

2. Dealer should be able to reprogram BCM for ABL.

2. There is nothing wrong with t-taps when you use right size/kind.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
If you took your car in for an oil change and the dealer said they could change your oil and took your car in but it turns out they couldn't would you still pay for the oil change? NO

They promised you a service and failed to hold up their promise and service so you shouldn't have to pay because they made a mistake and promised something they weren't able to or didn't know how to do. It is considered a bait and switch tactic that dealers use all the time. It is usually a product that a dealership will advertise to get you in to their store only to find out that they no longer have it and then try to sell you something else. in your case you went in and asked about a service that they claimed they could perform without actually knowing and then once they got your car they after the fact found out that they couldn't hold up their end of the deal yet they still charged you for something that they didn't supply. They should have told you if there was any doubt as to their ability to perform the task and if they did then they held up their end of the deal but if they didn't then they charged you for a service that they didn't perform and are trying to switch the service to something else which is a bait and switch at that point. BTW bait and switch tactics are illegal.
LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #20
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
It can be done, but most dealers dont have 20 somethings working as programers at the dealers, so the line guys dont want to put in the time to do it, to them this is Brain surgery, and its not.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #21
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
I used t-taps! It was quick, easy, and cheap.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #22
dostrosk
Oman396

Nice- thanks guys! Called the dealer and he actually made it sound like a big deal.....they have to call GM, get a code, etc, etc. First said $60.00, then said 1 hour ($120). They are calling me back after they call GM...see what happens. Might just have go T tap....seems like less hassle. Appreciate the info!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #23
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I doubt it will work. GM changed something in 2012; 1LT cannot be programmed with 2LT codes any more. So for instance, if you upgraded to outside heated mirrors, and thought that they could just program the BCM to activate them, you would be SOL like me. They dicked me around for 6 months, saying they could do it. GM finally ran the 2LT codes that I tracked down, and said that my 1LT BCM was totally different, and the codes cannot be loaded.

I have to run a separate defroster circuit now into the doors to get the mirror heaters working. Fun times.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #24
dostrosk
Oman396

Oh :/ thanks for the info. Hopefully there wasn't much $$$ involved to figure that out, but a hassle nonetheless. That is kind of crazy that they cannot do it. Kind of like the remote start....when you install the GM Accessory for remote start, the OnStar App does not have the remote starter button visible/enabled. OnStar said the only way it will work from the app is if the remote start was in the original build of the car.