Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
The season is upon us

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I have a pretty small family but my girlfriend's family is just like this. Any other Dropkick fans out there in Camaro5 land?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
that was good, thanks for sharing
Old 12-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well, my family doesn't have all that fun and joy. But I've got crazy.

We've finally nailed down the formula. After somewhere between 3 and 4 days of family time my mom turns. She becomes Crazy Vanessa. If all she did is start throwing stuff we could probably handle it. But that's not good enough for her. Let's see, after my younger brother's first child was born, my mom had to fall down and bust her knee so she could stay with them longer and have surgery and recover at their house. Didn't go so well, she ended up going home for the surgery and driving while doped up on pain pills and wine in the middle of the night all pissed off at everyone. Let me say this, she can go kill herself, and I do care I really do, but I don't care for driving under the influence of anything. Puts others at risk and she had my dog with her. So I seriously would have pissed off more if she killed the dog than herself.

Another time was the famous Foley Chainsaw Massacre. I had been asked to help my older brother do a few projects surrounding him moving into his new house after his divorce. One item included was taking apart this big back yard play set for the kids that was at the ex wife's house and move it across the neighborhood to my brother's new house.

Anyway, so my mom insisted on cutting up this tree in the new backyard for firewood. It was a little tree, we downed it for her and she proceeded to cut it up while we were a few blocks away disassembling the play set. We actually begged her to not use the damn chainsaw while we weren't there, but she insisted(and she was seconds from turning into Crazy Vanessa, so you go with it at that point). So my brother and I are there working at the old house and I hear an ambulance turn into his neighborhood, stick my head over the fence, and yep, here it comes. We go to the truck and check our phones and see missed calls from her.

We haul ass to the new house and there my mom is surrounded by police and EMT's and blood is everywhere. I mean she is sitting up and laughing and all this, but there was a lot of blood. She had cut the top of her foot with the damn chainsaw down to the bone. I don't just pass out at the sight of blood, but this was so much that my stomach was turning.

She was happy though, she got the attentions she was starving for and we had to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening in the emergency room instead of doing to work that had to be done before I headed back north.

That is a normal family gathering for us. Happens every time.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
LSXaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Well, my family doesn't have all that fun and joy. But I've got crazy.

We've finally nailed down the formula. After somewhere between 3 and 4 days of family time my mom turns. She becomes Crazy Vanessa. If all she did is start throwing stuff we could probably handle it. But that's not good enough for her. Let's see, after my younger brother's first child was born, my mom had to fall down and bust her knee so she could stay with them longer and have surgery and recover at their house. Didn't go so well, she ended up going home for the surgery and driving while doped up on pain pills and wine in the middle of the night all pissed off at everyone. Let me say this, she can go kill herself, and I do care I really do, but I don't care for driving under the influence of anything. Puts others at risk and she had my dog with her. So I seriously would have pissed off more if she killed the dog than herself.

Another time was the famous Foley Chainsaw Massacre. I had been asked to help my older brother do a few projects surrounding him moving into his new house after his divorce. One item included was taking apart this big back yard play set for the kids that was at the ex wife's house and move it across the neighborhood to my brother's new house.

Anyway, so my mom insisted on cutting up this tree in the new backyard for firewood. It was a little tree, we downed it for her and she proceeded to cut it up while we were a few blocks away disassembling the play set. We actually begged her to not use the damn chainsaw while we weren't there, but she insisted(and she was seconds from turning into Crazy Vanessa, so you go with it at that point). So my brother and I are there working at the old house and I hear an ambulance turn into his neighborhood, stick my head over the fence, and yep, here it comes. We go to the truck and check our phones and see missed calls from her.

We haul ass to the new house and there my mom is surrounded by police and EMT's and blood is everywhere. I mean she is sitting up and laughing and all this, but there was a lot of blood. She had cut the top of her foot with the damn chainsaw down to the bone. I don't just pass out at the sight of blood, but this was so much that my stomach was turning.

She was happy though, she got the attentions she was starving for and we had to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening in the emergency room instead of doing to work that had to be done before I headed back north.

That is a normal family gathering for us. Happens every time.
Sounds like you've got your hands full at this time of the year then

My family is pretty small (mom and two brothers with their wives and my two nieces) so ours are pretty normal. My girlfriends family is pretty out there the further you get from her immediate family.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
I got hooked on Dropkick Murphys when I was in the Navy. Another shipmate was playing it and I asked him who is that. So I went and got a CD or two. Awesome bagpipes in their music!!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
2012-1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXaddict View Post
Sounds like you've got your hands full at this time of the year then

My family is pretty small (mom and two brothers with their wives and my two nieces) so ours are pretty normal. My girlfriends family is pretty out there the further you get from her immediate family.
Yep. I try so hard to find an excuse every single year to not go to family events. Never works out for me.

UPDATE: Crazy Vanessa needed some attention I guess. So I just found out she got rear ended really hard in her truck two nights ago. I didn't get the call because it's finals week. But I told her, it's finals week, I haven't slept since Tuesday, so it's okay to call.

I'm not saying she got into an auto accident on purpose at all. But I am saying that she's happier now that she can get attention for the rest of the holiday season because of it.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
LSXaddict

Quote:
Yep. I try so hard to find an excuse every single year to not go to family events. Never works out for me.

UPDATE: Crazy Vanessa needed some attention I guess. So I just found out she got rear ended really hard in her truck two nights ago. I didn't get the call because it's finals week. But I told her, it's finals week, I haven't slept since Tuesday, so it's okay to call.

I'm not saying she got into an auto accident on purpose at all. But I am saying that she's happier now that she can get attention for the rest of the holiday season because of it.
You should buy her some sort of yipee dog that will never leave her side or shut up. That'll give her something to constantly get attention from
Old 12-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
2012-1822

Quote:
You should buy her some sort of yipee dog that will never leave her side or shut up. That'll give her something to constantly get attention from
Yeah well I appreciate the brainstorming. But her dog actually just died in October. Wasn't a yippee dog. Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Big(for a Staffie) black one.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
LSXaddict

Quote:
Yeah well I appreciate the brainstorming. But her dog actually just died in October. Wasn't a yippee dog. Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Big(for a Staffie) black one.
Well know I feel like a terrible person. Either way, sorry you have to go through all of that.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
I was listening to "Sing Loud, Sing Proud" this morning.
DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
2012-1822

Quote:
Well know I feel like a terrible person. Either way, sorry you have to go through all of that.
No no, don't feel terrible. This is all humorous to me. It might have bothered me 20 years ago. But after just so much of it you develop a family wide sense of humor about it. My brothers and all just kind of have a running joke with the whole thing to see what crap will happen next.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
LSXaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
I was listening to "Sing Loud, Sing Proud" this morning.
Awesome song!