Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #43
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
After Christmas I think I might have the fastest camaro on here that's owned by a teenager I'm going to be adding a D1 procharger to my mod list
For sure won't be using all that power unless I'm on a track tho.
Anybody else under 20 have F/I?

P.S I'm sure not everyone will agree with what I'm doing being that I'm so young but I didn't post this for you to bash on me and tell me I'm not responsible and everything else that you say about us younger people so keep those comments to yourself . And yes I'm paying for this with my money that I worked for, or sold my "toys" for (quads and dirtbikes).
And I wasn't sure what section to post this under so if it's in the wrong one can you move it for me
Sorry bud I had a built 419 stroker with a whipple and 4l80e on my 2010 SS when I was 19 the car made 723 to the tires on pump gas and 831 on race gas... And now I own my 2013 ZL1 Heres the video of the SS on pump gas and my 2013 ZL1
I also got my NHRA and IHRA license when I was 19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Last edited by camarovigoa; 12-11-2013 at 04:16 PM.
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #44
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Is there a reason to half the threads started on the forum? No. is there a reason you have to tell us that you were a paramedic? No. You don't need to try to prove that your better then everyone else...
You can't believe anything people say on here when they start talking about themselves......I don't care if people are telling the truth or not......I don't believe any of it.......some may be true but there is so much bs on the web who's really telling the truth.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #45
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
some kid at my school is a freshman in college with a 911 gt2.
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
I saw a couple memes that would be perfect for a lot of posters in this thread, I wish I could find them! Something along the lines of "You need to get out of your parents house, and stop building a race car" and "If mommy and daddy payed for it, it doesn't F'ing count!"

Seriously though how the hell are some of you being 18-19 and buying your cars, and then buying a 6K blower if mommy and daddy aren't chipping in? When I was 19 I had an awesome paying job for my age and experience, and there is no way in hell I could buy a 30K+ car plus a blower and supporting mods. I see a lot of these post that are like mommy and daddy didn't pay for it I work, when they probably work for mommy and daddy raking leaves, and such. Question did you buy the so called "toys" you sold to buy your blower, or mommy and daddy?

Anyways congrats on the blower you will enjoy it! Don't lie to us and say you wont use it on the street, I was 19 once I know better lol Main thing is be safe!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #47
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I saw a couple memes that would be perfect for a lot of posters in this thread, I wish I could find them! Something along the lines of "You need to get out of your parents house, and stop building a race car" and "If mommy and daddy payed for it, it doesn't F'ing count!"

Seriously though how the hell are some of you being 18-19 and buying your cars, and then buying a 6K blower if mommy and daddy aren't chipping in? When I was 19 I had an awesome paying job for my age and experience, and there is no way in hell I could buy a 30K+ car plus a blower and supporting mods. I see a lot of these post that are like mommy and daddy didn't pay for it I work, when they probably work for mommy and daddy raking leaves, and such. Question did you buy the so called "toys" you sold to buy your blower, or mommy and daddy?

Anyways congrats on the blower you will enjoy it! Don't lie to us and say you wont use it on the street, I was 19 once I know better lol Main thing is be safe!
It is very possibly to afford certain cars that age. I lived at home with my parents when I was 16, but, had a brand new E46 M3 and chipped in $600 for
"rent" if you willl.

Granted, the OP still lives at home with his parents so he has no real life expenses (Car Payment, Car insurance, Possibly a phone bill) His parents most likely supply the groceries, pay the rent/mortgage, etc. If you have 1K or so of funds, you can afford a car.

Not sure what the OP does, but, if he had his own house and other expenses at that age, unless he is making 60K+ a year, he most likely will not be able to afford a 30K+ Car and a 6K+ Blower.

OP - Be safe about it. You are yet young and your age will show when you sit in a car with over 550HP. Enjoy the new found power.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #48
stryder09
Nerd.

Drives: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
This thread is really cute!
stryder09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #49
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
When I was a teen I thought I had a fast ride, running low 12's in my Cougar. A few more mods I remember thinking and I'll be running into the 11's then I meet a kid with a 9 second 68 Mustang. And then a nutbar with an Pinto with a blown 427 in it. To fit he had the front lifted as the engine stuck out above and below the engine bay. Best bit, his passenger seat was a cut down wooden school desk chair. The point being fastest teen or not the best car years are the teen years. Enjoy!

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #50
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I understand that plenty of people here are going to hate the teen driving a fast car. I finally got my first car with anything over the bare minimum at age 27, and it's a Camaro SS. Let me just reinforce that by saying I bought this car less than a month ago. It took me that long to get my vehicle of choice, and I've been a member of Camaro5 since forever ago. I wasn't raised in an environment where I could afford anything I wanted, and I appreciate what I have now. Does that entitle me to judge someone who has been given or "earned"—let's not kid ourselves, no one under 20 has singlehandedly earned enough income to buy and heavily modify a Camaro—the money to build a personal racecar? No.

In the name of all things Camaro, let's keep this in mind. Rich people, poor people, all people—we all have a choice to buy various cars. Some of us get cars for free. If you won the lottery, would you give it back? We all chose to join Camaro5 to reinforce our enthusiasm for the coolest cars out there, Chevrolet Camaros. Why would we judge one another for having something so awesome? We clearly agree!

To make a long story short, we should be supporting the young guys here. There's no "cheap" Chevy performance product, and back when most of you guys were growing up Camaros were much more attainable. Those fortunate enough to have the resources to buy a nice car could have chosen any nice car, and they chose the same car as you because, even with all the money in the world, they're driving your car. They think your car is awesome. Who are we to say they're wrong? We drive the same thing!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #51
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I really doubt that anybody here is bothered by the fact that OP has had the opportunity to own a Camaro before turning 20. Doesn't even bother me, hell I'm glad for him (and look what I'm driving).

The real concern is about his stated intent, which with the way it was worded and with no evidence to the contrary appears to be a case of wanting too much ahead of having developed the wisdom to handle it properly. It'd be an order-of-magnitude difference, all of a sudden, and there's a reason that NHRA and other organizations require competition licensing at some point.

Let me put it another way . . . if you make a mod (or enough mods all at once) and your car suddenly gives you a big "WOW" moment that you were sort of expecting, you're already on the fringes of driving beyond your wisdom. If it catches you completely by surprise, you're past that point. Most teens, and even twenty-somethings are particularly vulnerable to having this happen. The volume of life experience simply isn't there (in most cases).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #52
SilverCamaro30

Drives: 2013 Camaro Zl1 Victory Red
Quote:
After Christmas I think I might have the fastest camaro on here that's owned by a teenager I'm going to be adding a D1 procharger to my mod list
For sure won't be using all that power unless I'm on a track tho.
Anybody else under 20 have F/I?

P.S I'm sure not everyone will agree with what I'm doing being that I'm so young but I didn't post this for you to bash on me and tell me I'm not responsible and everything else that you say about us younger people so keep those comments to yourself . And yes I'm paying for this with my money that I worked for, or sold my "toys" for (quads and dirtbikes).
And I wasn't sure what section to post this under so if it's in the wrong one can you move it for me
Do I count if my F/I is a stock supercharger ? Lol ,Sounds like you got a badass car man but prepare for the haters on here I've had to deal with them too .
SilverCamaro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #53
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Is there a reason to half the threads started on the forum? No. is there a reason you have to tell us that you were a paramedic? No. You don't need to try to prove that your better then everyone else...
See If you were a little bit older you would realize that he was not doing that,he was showing that kids can do a lot and be responsible..when you get older you will talk in the past tense also,and understand it..it could be said why point out your age ? Its been proven that males do not grow up and think like adults until around the age of 25-26 ,not all just most..there is no one that's going to say that they want teenagers running and racing on the street in high power cars,too many of us have lost our kids at a young age. The conversation is going to come up no matter if you i or anyone else likes it or not...I started racing at age 8,and did it all over the world for a while,but it doesn't matter who you are if you have the power sooner or later you are going to use it..Anyway i hope you are really going to only drive and race at the track,i doubt it,its just a fact of life,but be safe,and everyone has a right to speak their mind and about themselves on this forum,as long as they are not rude to each other...
Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Hey just gave my ZL1 to my 10yr old,lol had enough of this thread ,good luck...
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #55
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Friend of mine at 18 got a 2012 GTR which is insanely fast. His bestfriend got a Ferrari F430 at 18

Kudos to you man, that ABM SS is a looker for sure
My buddys SS is procharged, makes about 700 to the wheels. Hes a member on here. Procharged SS is badass
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #56
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJoe96 View Post
I like the R1 idea, since I can't do much with my car, I have a budget set aside for buying a GSXR 600, then working my way up! I'm 17 as well by the way. Have fun with that beast, but never push your own limits
I got a Ducati 1098! I started riding 1ks at 16. If you can respect the power youll be fine!
I work at a Powersports dealer, I would suggest the 08-11 GSXR 600 over the new ones
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote