Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #5699
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Dust cover removed from the P.38 slide showing some hammer-drop safety guts, and the interetsing signal pin.

The round pushes the signal pin up and back, oddly, not just back

Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #5700
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Picked this up a few months ago. My wife took it to the range and now wants it instead of her S&W .38 Special! I guess I'll look for a new toy for me.
Attached Images

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #5701
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
Picked this up a few months ago. My wife took it to the range and now wants it instead of her S&W .38 Special! I guess I'll look for a new toy for me.
My boss has one of those. He loves it.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #5702
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Can anyone speak on the difference between vertical fore grips as opposed to angled ones? I have a vertical on my Saiga right now but I was reading up on the angled ones. I'm curious if anyone actually has any experience with them.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/pr...gled+Fore+Grip
If you place the angled grip all the way forward like you are supposed to, it makes your arm get tired faster; it is a bit uncomfortable but you can get back ON TARGET faster than thel vertical grip. The angled grip takes a little getting used to; its just not as comfortable as the verticals.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #5703
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
If you place the angled grip all the way forward like you are supposed to, it makes your arm get tired faster; it is a bit uncomfortable but you can get back ON TARGET faster than thel vertical grip. The angled grip takes a little getting used to; its just not as comfortable as the verticals.
got ya...i think ill just stick with the veticle for now since i already have it. thanks for the info.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #5704
Denis

anybody know anything about the Walther P99? looks like a nice gun
Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #5705
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

Considered a very high quality pistol
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #5706
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I have a walther 380 and use it as my Carry Weapon.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #5707
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven Charley View Post
Smith & Wesson M&P 40 cal. One of the best pistols out there IMO.

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #5708
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Personally I don't like it. It's like a poorly done knock off of the H&K P2000. Even with the exchangeable grip straps, it doesn't feel right in my hand and the grips feels too smooth. When my hands get sweaty, it feels like it will slip right out of my hands. I don't like the mag release button being right on the trigger guard. You have to alter your grip to change mags instead of just being able to reach up with your thumb, this can be an issue if you ever actually need to use it. Older versions of the P99 has a hump in the trigger guard which would sometimes get in the way when you pulled the trigger, the new versions don't have this thank goodness. Also the front rail doesn't fit standard accessories, you have to get specific accessories designed for the P99.

If you like the Walther P99, look at the Walther PPQ. Imo, it is a better gun than the P99.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #5709
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/06/ne...-and-shotguns/

this is what happens when you elect too many of "them"
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #5710
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Personally I don't like it. It's like a poorly done knock off of the H&K P2000. Even with the exchangeable grip straps, it doesn't feel right in my hand and the grips feels too smooth. When my hands get sweaty, it feels like it will slip right out of my hands. I don't like the mag release button being right on the trigger guard. You have to alter your grip to change mags instead of just being able to reach up with your thumb, this can be an issue if you ever actually need to use it. Older versions of the P99 has a hump in the trigger guard which would sometimes get in the way when you pulled the trigger, the new versions don't have this thank goodness. Also the front rail doesn't fit standard accessories, you have to get specific accessories designed for the P99.

If you like the Walther P99, look at the Walther PPQ. Imo, it is a better gun than the P99.
I have the SW99. the slide is made by walther and the frame made by S&W.
personally i love the gun mine is 40 cal. the barrel sits lower so the recoil is much more manageable than other 40s i have shot. for me the grip is perfect and i can reach the mag release with my thumb. i have put thousands of rounds through this thing and it has been perfect so far. its my go to for HD.
That being said i did put night sights on it and the trigger didn't smooth out until after a couple thousands rounds.
you do have to watch out with the Walther p99 which model you get has different triggers AS, DAO, and QA. from what i have heard the DAO is garbage. mine is similar to the AS double action for first and single after that with a decocker. and the QA works like a glock.
for reference Walther p99

SW99
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #5711
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
My lady doesn't mind me carrying, just doesn't like when my shirt or jacket rides up and my gun shows. I found a perfect holster made by Sneaky Petes. The belt clip version. Goes from the belt to the car under the steering wheel in seconds. They come in many sizes for many different gun makes. I got a couple extra for brothers for gifts.

Last edited by skipinminn; 12-13-2013 at 08:57 PM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #5712
mikerogs

Drives: Black 2SS
Some of my stuffs.

I don't know how I never saw this thread, but here are some of my things. I have crates full of bladed weapons, as that was my first love. I have all sorts of axes, knives, swords, spears, and other goodies in storage. These are the only guns I own as of now though. Also pictured are a few of my tactical bladed items. That short spear would be ideal to keep the bad guys at bay until I can get the .45 out of the safe.

I do not keep any rounds in the chamber in my semi-autos and I was interested to find out if anyone else does that as well. I just took my CCW class for Illinois and I look forward to FINALLY being able to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

MOLON LABE!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by mikerogs; 03-24-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: adding info
mikerogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun