Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #197
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well, yeah, if they're specifically calling it out as a different option package than the Z71, then that's the only thing that makes sense for these mid-size trucks.

Unless there's some strong desire by Chevrolet to refrain from equating these trucks to the S-10's, but that doesn't seem like the case...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #198
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Any better photos of the gauge cluster? It looks incredibly simple. I was hopin for something more like the silverado cluster
Old 11-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #199
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
You know I kinda had a thought about the Diesel version and the 6speed auto that is going to be in it. I figure Gm will try and eek out the best possible mileage from it and that means pretty aggressive tranny tuning for mpgs which isn't the best when towing or hauling things even in tow/haul mode. So what would everyone prefer better gearing for towing and hauling or better gearing for Mpgs.?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #200
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
It's not like you're going to be pulling a gooseneck trailer in a Colorado, so I imagine setting the drivetrain up to be fuel efficient and still be more than capable for its rated towing/loading limits won't be as complicated as it might be for, say, the 1500 or 2500HD...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #201
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
It'll be capable for towing but remember that GM is marketing this primarily as a sport truck. Something that you throw some gear into the bed and head off to the mountains.

Even though most people will just use it for trips to Home Depot.

If you go to a dealer and tell them you need to tow, they'll probably steer you to a Silverado right off the bat.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #202
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It'll be capable for towing but remember that GM is marketing this primarily as a sport truck. Something that you throw some gear into the bed and head off to the mountains.

If you go to a dealer and tell them you need to tow, they'll probably steer you to a Silverado right off the bat.
isnt that the way it should be lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #203
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

That's exactly what I tell people. Sure it might be a truck...but if you need a truck to work and pull this shouldn't be what your looking at. These trucks should be geared for a sporty lifestyle and for the person that uses a truck bed fairly often, but never does heavy duty work (myself as a prime example). I'd be fairly lost without a truck...but then again I have no need for a full size.

So for me I'd love for these to lean towards efficiency rather than work ability.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #204
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
That's exactly what I tell people. Sure it might be a truck...but if you need a truck to work and pull this shouldn't be what your looking at. These trucks should be geared for a sporty lifestyle and for the person that uses a truck bed fairly often, but never does heavy duty work (myself as a prime example). I'd be fairly lost without a truck...but then again I have no need for a full size.

So for me I'd love for these to lean towards efficiency rather than work ability.
Then why will they have a W/T version? Doesn't W/T stand for "Work Truck"?
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #205
SS4life

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Camaro
Cant wait to see what the tuners will do with that little duramax!
SS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #206
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
It will tow and probably in line with the other GM vehicles with the 3.6l. My guess is at least 3,500 pounds and maybe up to 6,000 pounds. Plenty for toys for the weekend. Serious towing will call for the Silverado of course.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #207
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4life View Post
Cant wait to see what the tuners will do with that little duramax!
Couldn't find any vids on the 2.8L, but here's something from the 2.5L to put you in a frame of mind of possibilities

Quote:
We done this Chevrolet Colorado together with Peak powershop in Bangkok.

The engine it self is standard including the injector and hi pressure fuelpump. The only modifications done to this engine so far are the low pressure fuel feed system and turbocharger.

We mange to get a lot better engine response and where able to pull out 350Hp and 700Nm (500 lb-ft.) for a short time as the commonrail pump can not supply the fuel pressure to support this power.

Also a other type of turbocharger is needed and we hope this will give the engine a lot more low end power as we could not run a lot of boost in the low RPM as we where hitting the surge line of the compressor very hard.
The 2.5L Duramax is rated at 150hp/258 lb-ft.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #208
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Gifts the Work Crowd a Six-Speed Manual

Quote:
Manual-gearbox pickup-truck enthusiasts—we know you exist—can rally around the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado. General Motors confirmed that a six-speed manual transmission will be on the order sheet when the new mid-size truck enters production early next year.

“I’m making a bet on this,” GM North America president Mark Reuss told Automotive News. “If you look at the past data, it’s probably not a financially sound decision. But we’re creating something here that hasn’t been created before. So we’re going to take some risks.” Interestingly, GM already has a stick-shift tranny in the global version of the Colorado it sells in Brazil, Thailand, and elsewhere around the mid-size-truck-loving world, so tooling costs are zero. The “risks” are really taking on the extra financial burden of certifying another powertrain combination, increasing build complexity at the assembly plant, and stocking the replacement parts for another gearbox.

During the last-generation Colorado’s final model year in 2012, the base model offered a five-speed manual (an Aisin-sourced gearbox it incidentally shared with the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky) in both two- and four-wheel-drive trim, and the base two-wheel-drive GMC Canyon did the same. The 2014 Toyota Tacoma offers five- and six-speed manuals with its four- and six-cylinder engines, with two- and four-wheel drive, and on all cab sizes. Nissan follows a similar stick-shift formula on the Frontier. If anything, GM is risking more by restricting the manual to the base, two-wheel-drive, extended-cab Work Truck model and not offering it across the lineup, especially in the mid-level trims buyers are most likely to shop.

We’re not certain yet if the 2015 Canyon, likely to debut at Detroit in January, will receive a similar configuration. And it’s also unclear if the Colorado’s six-speed manual will find its way onto the order sheet along with the upcoming optional diesel engine (fingers crossed!). The only other pickups besides the Tacoma and Frontier that are available with a stick are the full-size Ram 2500 and 3500 equipped with the Cummins diesel.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #209
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Old news.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #210
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
Couldn't find any vids on the 2.8L, but here's something from the 2.5L to put you in a frame of mind of possibilities

The 2.5L Duramax is rated at 150hp/258 lb-ft.
Omg thank you, I have been looking for stuff like this unsuccessfully since the possibility of a small diesel was mentioned.