Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #267
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Whats the story behind the crash video. Was this woman in a coma or something?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #268
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
The 2010's moved people. With the 2014 I hear, "well, it's not that bad. Maybe it'll grow on me". Nope
Old 09-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #269
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I have seen a few, and I haven't said it in awhile..

I still hate it, and would not own it..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #270
Don57
Drives a beast!

Drives: Yellow 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
people who own the "older" version get over-sensitive because they no longer have the latest and greatest.
No, that's not it. The 2014 is just not as good looking as the '10-'13. If I were going to by a new car in 2014, these styling changes would make me think twice about getting another Camaro, I'm sad to say.

Don57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #271
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Sweet 14 ! The 14 1LE is the only 14 I like.
Have to agree. The 14 1LE in non-RS is the only one I see and think "damn that looks bad ass!!"....at least from the front. The 14 non-RS rear is OK, but its not the tail lights that do all the damage in my mind.

Still a great car, and one that I admire!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #272
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don57 View Post
No, that's not it. The 2014 is just not as good looking as the '10-'13. If I were going to by a new car in 2014, these styling changes would make me think twice about getting another Camaro, I'm sad to say.
I disagree

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #273
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
When you see the tail's in person the car looks better. When I first saw them I was like "yuck." But seeing it in person they look a lot better. I also think showing the car in that maroon metallic color wasn't smart. The tails look better on any color except the reds for some reason (my own opinion).
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #274
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
When someone sees a Malibu what do they say?
Oh Camaro taillights!

When someone sees a 14 Camaro what do they say?
When did Chevy start making Preludes?

The taillights are like a signature!

The front is sexy. 1LE's are sexy no matter what year.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #275
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the reason for all the hate is.....The Internet
people have a place to rant all day. Look what it's done to politics. Look what it's done to movies. If a sequel comes out it's almost automatic that half the people will hate it and rant about it online.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #276
Lord Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
the reason for all the hate is.....The Internet
people have a place to rant all day. Look what it's done to politics. Look what it's done to movies. If a sequel comes out it's almost automatic that half the people will hate it and rant about it online.

Before the movie even comes out.

I do think the taillights work on the higher end models. Doesn't have the simple beauty the lower end 13's had.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #277
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah it's not whether something is bad or good. Everything gets overblown these days. like I said a movie people didn't like becomes The Worst Movie of All Time, people who would like each other in normal like will call each other names over Politics online. and the Camaro changes, they may not be better. But it's not horrible looking either.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #278
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I did the wait and see also. On the positive the '14 styling looks probably better on the track where I would say the '10-'13 styling looks a little street/show car.

The '14 front end looks OK in dark colors on the SS models. In light colors or on the V-6 it looks over-styled, almost after market. The tail is just blander. Sorry but I think these cars will age more quickly than the '13s from a styling perspective. Still, if I didn't already own one, the changes wouldn't stop me from buying a '14.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #279
Lord Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I did the wait and see also. On the positive the '14 styling looks probably better on the track where I would say the '10-'13 styling looks a little street/show car.

The '14 front end looks OK in dark colors on the SS models. In light colors or on the V-6 it looks over-styled, almost after market. The tail is just blander. Sorry but I think these cars will age more quickly than the '13s from a styling perspective. Still, if I didn't already own one, the changes wouldn't stop me from buying a '14.

I agree.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #280
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
I don't hate it, the difference is to subtle IMO to bring any hate. I am on the fence about it. I can live with the changes. I just hope they don't ever really screw up the look of the 5th gen., since I plan on always owning one forever until I die, which means trading them in around 75 or 80K miles. So I'm hoping they don't make any drastic changes. I really like this current generation.