Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 08-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #29
jonathanmoguel
MM.CC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
most likely its your tune. you say theres days that its strong and days it isnt. cars dont do that. its either they run good or bad and your getting both, unless you have some ignition issues or fuel starvation. go to a tuner figure it out.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #30
2SSRSinBama

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro CGM
the e-force superchargers are garbage... a good friend of mine has one on the L99... when he had the "canned" tune that came with it on the car, my dyno tuned/header/bolt-on car would jump out to a 2 car lead from 40 and about 145, he would FINALLY inch by me, lol... he finally got it dyno tuned and it got a little quicker, but still only put down 411whp... i'd be ashamed, lol

2010 Camaro SS L99... has a few mods
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
the e-force superchargers are garbage... a good friend of mine has one on the L99... when he had the "canned" tune that came with it on the car, my dyno tuned/header/bolt-on car would jump out to a 2 car lead from 40 and about 145, he would FINALLY inch by me, lol... he finally got it dyno tuned and it got a little quicker, but still only put down 411whp... i'd be ashamed, lol
How much boost if he only made 411rwhp? Those e-force are badass hell if he don't want it i'll take it. Those usaully make 520ish rwhp on L99
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #32
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
I just got my Eforce installed on my 2013 1LE car with NPP exhaust. Everything 100% stock except for the supercharger. I instantly blow away the tires in 1st gear at any RPM I hit it. Even with traction control on. It will spin hard and kick sideways when I nail it in second with traction control on. My car made 455 whp and 453 ft lbs on a low reading mustang dyno with high intake temps in the datalog. I have the stock Edelbrock tune on my car currently. The fuel pressure in the datalog would go from 58 to 48.7 psig during the run. That was concerning, but I called the edelbrock Tech guy and he said there test cars had the same fuel pressure drop off. My car pulls extremely hard, and I would guess its a 116 to 117+ mph trap car. This is compared to my previous cars I have had, and how this one FEELS... Not scientific, but my gut feeling. My car was flowing about 55 lb/min air flow at about 5800 RPM when they let off. What did you datalogs show? My duty cycle calculates to a max of about 80% as well based of 16.3 ms at 5800 RPM.

My dyno wideband data shows the car only running 11.4 at the richest and tapering up to 12.4 at 5800 RPM. But we are not sure we believe those numbers, since the wideband was taken from a sniffer run in the tailpipe after the cat. I also had virtually no Knock retard on the pulls, except at first throttle applicaiton. Then it smoothed out. The guy said they see that on the stock LS3 cars for some reason as well. Did you ever get yours to the dyno for numbers? Or ever datalog again at the track?
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote