Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #295
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Remember everyone, no torching new car threads posted by owners. Hopefully the Mods will step in if you cannot control yourselves.

I am liking Camaro5 a little less these days, but not the Camaros. But the tech info and discussions are still tops.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #296
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
such a nice 1 page picture thread turned into all of this..
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #297
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The 6th gen debut is going to be hilarious on this site.

"WTF GM CAN'T CHANGE THE CAMARO MY 5TH GEN IS SO MUCH BETTER RAWWRRRR!!"
Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #298
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. No thanks. Glad I got the '13.

Last edited by mrmertz; 07-26-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: SIRI
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #299
KD Innovations

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2009 CTS-V
Looks great.
KD Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #300
Katrazi

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
As I said, Sir, you are entitled to your opinion.

What would you have us do?

Shall we design to your standards? We can - but what happens when someone else yells 'FAIL!" as you did? (...and that WOULD happen....)

I suppose we could fire everyone at Design and have them disposed of through a wood chipper.........but that wouldn't be prudent, now would it?

See - the problem with all of this is legion....

....as I said - a LOT of people hated the 2010 when they saw first photos

...there are still people who hate the 5th gen....

........there are those ON THIS THREAD that disagree with you -- and there are those in other threads that disagree with you...and the numbers aren't as large as you make them out to be.

Time will tell.

I suspect that we'll continue to sell Camaros in volume....and that some of the ones who hate the look will love it in a couple of months...and I say this because I've been doing this for 36 years. And I've watched the same conversation (albeit a bit more polite back some years ago) as we have today. As I mentioned in a thread a page or two back - according to opinion in the spring of 1970, the Camaro would be discontinued within a year because of it's appearance. (..I remember people yelling "IT LOOKS LIKE A STUDEBAKER!!!!.." Well - that didn't happen and I'm sure that a few people were genuinely disappointed that we sold a couple million of them...................................... See what I mean?

I've seen the hate and the love. Human nature really doesn't change other than we seem to have lost the art of conversation to a point where people yell "FAIL!:" at the drop of a hat.

Yes - you have your opinion and we're glad that you chose to purchase a new Camaro.

We also hope and suspect that when you see these cars in person you'll have a different view - that may or may not happen........

The sad part? There ARE a few out there that REALLY REALLY hope that this '14 fails............................................a nd to that I have NO idea of how to respond........but I find that sad and perhaps a bit ....... well......I don't know that I have a word for it!
For AzItaliaSS, if you are indeed a Camaro fan, albeit it the 10-13 design, then why throw out garbage with the only possible intent of getting others to dislike the current design? As Fbodfather said, what would happen if you just yelled FAIL at GM's hard work that went into the new Camaro? It's not designed for you and never will be designed FOR a specific person in mind. It is a car that is designed for current and future Camaro fans in general. If you're truly a Camaro fan I hope you aren't one of those people who hopes this car fails merely because they don't like it. Should it fail we may experience the 6th gen to look like the 2003-2009 models and I don't think any of us want that.

By no means am I defending the design. There are some things I like much better on my 2013 than how they changed it on the 2014, but it doesn't mean I hate or even dislike the 2014. I have no intention of upgrading to a '14 model not because the '14 "sucks," but because I have my Camrao already. I love my Camaro more than the 2014 version and that's why I don't feel the need to upgrade.

Change is inevitable, or would you prefer to be driving the same car as everyone else in the world? What's the point of releasing a new Camaro if things don't get changed? There are even some subtle difference between the '10 and '13 models, are you saying there should've been no change at all? Was the first 5th gen not inspired by the First gen Camaro? What's to say the '14 model doesn't inspire a fantastic 6th gen?

To use Fbodfather's words again, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But it's just that. An opinion. You have no more right to your opinion than anyone else on this site. Just as Fbodfather's words are merely an opinion, they may be regarded highly by some, but they are still just an opinion, no better or worse than yours and to think that you "kinda have a right to a good chevy opinion," well, let's just say whatever you have to say has lost it's voice as far as I'm concerned. I visit Camaro5 to get opinions on mod's I'm thinking of or just general questions. I don't need a cocky, arrogant, close minded person like that touting his or her words as though they are special.

My final words, this is not a peronal attack, merely my opinion that you shouldn't be so judgemental about a car let alone one you haven't even seen yet. So, take it or leave it, it doesn't matter. I don't know you, but, please, let's no turn this thread into a personal arena for trying to justify our opinion or to prove our point.
Katrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #301
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Thank you! How quickly we forget! Remember how much everyone HATED where the reverse lights were!?!?
Yep I remember tons of comments about those and why they couldn't have made the rear look more like a first gen with the backup lights in the tail lights... Also many preferred the smooth look of the concepts rear to the step out on the production version. And I also remember comments about how why did they make the roof taller than the concept, now all we hear about is the poor visibility, just think if they had not raised the roof any from the concept.
Also the crying that went on about the back up sensors and their placement, also the fake gills and mail slot, you hardly hear anyone comment on those any more...
Familiarity with the design will bring acceptance to most people. Some though wouldn't like any change even if 99% of the people loved it right off the bat, and those people would holler the loudest and with every chance they get.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #302
BlckOut
mUrDeReD oUt!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT RS V6
Why is everything so tiny?!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #303
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
This change to the taillights was coming. There really was not anything anyone could do to "top" the style of the 2009-2013 tail lights.

One option may have been to emulate the 2014 corvette tail lights. But you know they can't do that.

KEEP in mind that the 2015 Camaro, is probably going to have taillights that may, or may not be as radical as a 2010. If that is the case, then no one needs to complain.

You can argue over and over that the 2009-2013 camaro rear end simply looks better than a 2014. The 2010 had that "show car" style with the chrome bezels surrounding each individual light (just like old cars, like a 65 impala had a chrome circle around each light.)

If someone DID have a better design, i would ask them to post it here so we can all see how your new updated design was better than GM's final design. Show it to Fbodfather....

People are just upset because the Camaro lost some of it's flare. (or all of it for some people..) To me the 2014 looks updated and normal.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #304
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
IMO, the front refresh for the V6 non-RS looks to be an improvement. The V6 appendage GM calls a 'spoiler' (duck-tail looking wart) appears horrid, and screams AM!, and think a JDM(rice) spoiler may just be the ticket.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #305
Smuuth

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
...I'm glad you purchased a 45th - and I sincerely hope that when you see the '14s in person that you'll perhaps change your mind. (...trust me - it happens to most!)
I am another who purchased a 45th Anniversary Edition and one who, despite loving it more than any other car I've ever owned, will be moving up to a 2014 ZL1. I love the early Camaro generations and I know the 1969 was the inspiration for the entire 5th generation. I see the 1969 influence even more so in the 2014 and I cannot wait for my 2014 to arrive.
Attached Images

Smuuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #306
NotYetLegend

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
I have no meaningful opinion to voice on the actual ascetics of the 2014 updates, this is just a comment on the unequivocal absurdity that is this thread while also pointing out that the justification given for the manner in which the updates were "styled" makes as little sense.

GM says they don't want to do "retro", Ford says they don't want to do "retro", but what GM added for the new refresh is tail lights more like past generation Camaros? This is by definition retro, it's looking backwards, it's "imitative". To complicate things further the 1st gen didn't have wrap around tail lights but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th did (not all the years I know I know...); the 5th gen looks the most similar to the 1st so why does it now have tail lights like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th? And most importantly why are we talking about it so damn much (myself included)?

If you read the previous posts from the GM employee(s) above they/he/she say only time will tell if the update is a success (meaning that more sales=success). So don't forget the whole point of this is to sell some extra cars and that's all. There's no deeper meaning, no attempt to break from the retro haze of the 2000's, no incentive to appease camaro5.com members in particular and certainly no LT1....ha (just kidding AND hoping on that last one).

Most on this forum already bought their 5th gen Camaros so your preferences aren't important in terms of new sales figures (sure some own multiple 5th gens but statistically few). The point of the refresh is to scoop up the "hold-outs" that have yet to buy a 5th gen and then move on to the 6th (leaving all of us 5th gen owners with shoddy diffs that the dealerships managed to avoid warrantying... gotcha!). Looking at it from this perspective it is reasonable to assume GM may accomplish their goal, the current 5th gen crowd seems mostly cold on the refresh which likely means some other crowd will be into it, this other crowd necessarily doesn't own a current gen Camaro already so may want to buy one etc... It's just boring marketing blah blah, there's no substantive change to the car...

Now can everyone get back to talking about cool stuff like the new triple y headers and the dual throttle body intake manifolds that were hinted at a few months ago? The second the LT1 gets put in the "refreshed"/"re-retroed" (troed?) model you will all magically think it looks glorious anyways.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #307
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetLegend View Post
I have no meaningful opinion to voice on the actual ascetics of the 2014 updates, this is just a comment on the unequivocal absurdity that is this thread while also pointing out that the justification given for the manner in which the updates were "styled" makes as little sense.

GM says they don't want to do "retro", Ford says they don't want to do "retro", but what GM added for the new refresh is tail lights more like past generation Camaros? This is by definition retro, it's looking backwards, it's "imitative". To complicate things further the 1st gen didn't have wrap around tail lights but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th did (not all the years I know I know...); the 5th gen looks the most similar to the 1st so why does it now have tail lights like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th? And most importantly why are we talking about it so damn much (myself included)?

If you read the previous posts from the GM employee(s) above they/he/she say only time will tell if the update is a success (meaning that more sales=success). So don't forget the whole point of this is to sell some extra cars and that's all. There's no deeper meaning, no attempt to break from the retro haze of the 2000's, no incentive to appease camaro5.com members in particular and certainly no LT1....ha (just kidding AND hoping on that last one).

Most on this forum already bought their 5th gen Camaros so your preferences aren't important in terms of new sales figures (sure some own multiple 5th gens but statistically few). The point of the refresh is to scoop up the "hold-outs" that have yet to buy a 5th gen and then move on to the 6th (leaving all of us 5th gen owners with shoddy diffs that the dealerships managed to avoid warrantying... gotcha!). Looking at it from this perspective it is reasonable to assume GM may accomplish their goal, the current 5th gen crowd seems mostly cold on the refresh which likely means some other crowd will be into it, this other crowd necessarily doesn't own a current gen Camaro already so may want to buy one etc... It's just boring marketing blah blah, there's no substantive change to the car...

Now can everyone get back to talking about cool stuff like the new triple y headers and the dual throttle body intake manifolds that were hinted at a few months ago? The second the LT1 gets put in the "refreshed"/"re-retroed" (troed?) model you will all magically think it looks glorious anyways.
agree!!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #308
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Maureen and I are soooo looking forward to the fest -
stop by to get your C5fest IV hat
Maureen tell Vance from San Diego to get me a hat, pretty please. I can't make It due to health issues, hopefully they will have it on the west coast next year.

Best wishes and have a great time at the Fest

ARod55
San Diego
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote