Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #99
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
My youngest daughter drives an automatic, and I bet she can beat any of the guys with a manual:

Every one of these cars is an automatic.....and she runs the 1/4 mile in 6 seconds.

Don't assume that every race car is a dragster or that every race track is in a straight line. I gaurantee you that your daughter is a pretty good racer. I also guarantee you that there's always somebody faster...and I also gaurantee that my 1SS M6 beats a purpose-built dragster on the Nordschleif

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 05-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #100
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
After reading all the posts on this thread, I'm left wondering what the women on this forum think about all this????
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #101
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
After reading all the posts on this thread, I'm left wondering what the women on this forum think about all this????
Most of them drive manuals. lol.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #102
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are...
Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #103
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
Well, If any woman has ever been approached and told that they are not a man because they do not drive a manual, I would assume that there may be some sort of other issues that may have taken precedence at that time. In all seriousness, this is not a female problem. Let's face it, it's us men who are the ones getting hurt feelings about it. Even those of you that have a woman say it to you. Now, I'll raise my glass to those women
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #104
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
I wanted an auto, but when I got to the dealership they were fresh out. Salesman said a bunch of woman got there before I did. Jk

Each has its own purpose. I wouldn't drag with a manual and I wouldn't track with an auto. Like using drag radials on a road course, not the optimal use for them.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #105
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
You all need to get a life and quit worrying about everyone else's Manliness...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #106
LMC2013

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I don't understand why everyone is so sensitive about this..really sick of the 'I have an automatic v6 and am proud of it!' posts...yea...I get it...I have friends that are thrilled with their honda civics and mini coopers too...I don't look down on them for it...but do pity those who whine on posts like these.

Honestly, I love that fewer and fewer people have v8's and manuals...it makes those of us who have them more exclusive and impressive.

I appreciate even more when I get the condescending question's 'is it a v8' YES! is it a stick YES...nough said..I don't have to start a form complaining about it

and yes sports cars have manuals...ZR1..Lamorghini..many more exclusive to a manual
LMC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #107
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Can a person like both auto and manual, i have an auto now and ive had many manuals, i really don't have a preference on either, both have their advantages, like many have said auto for the drags, manual for road course, and auto for just cruising drinking a pop and eatin burger.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #108
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
It bugs me when people are like you drive a automatic, your car isnt a sports car, or a muscle / pony car, your not a man. Like they just sound stupid! And every one of those guys say a manual is always faster, which is not true. If your automatic shift at redline its gonna kill a manual (with same specs) because a computer can shift so much faster then a human no matter how fast they can shift
Agreed. It's personal preference. Driving an automatic does not make you less of a man. Being insecure enough to feel the need to initiate conversations for the purpose of defending your masculinity and explaining that your car is just as fast if not slightly faster than another one does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I love forum sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You all need to get a life and quit worrying about everyone else's Manliness...
That's what a real man would do.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #109
jph2275

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Some folks here really care too much what other people think. Stop getting booty hurt over your choice of buying an auto. It always reminds me of the small guy in the room trying to overcompensate for his size. These threads are so tired. STFU and enjoy your ride. Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #110
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Don't assume that every race car is a dragster or that every race track is in a straight line. I gaurantee you that your daughter is a pretty good racer. I also guarantee you that there's always somebody faster...and I also gaurantee that my 1SS M6 beats a purpose-built dragster on the Nordschleif
LOL! You got me there for sure. The dragster will run out of fuel after 1 mile or less as well. Only capacity for 2 1/4 mile runs per tank . 100% agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
Can a person like both auto and manual, i have an auto now and ive had many manuals, i really don't have a preference on either, both have their advantages, like many have said auto for the drags, manual for road course, and auto for just cruising drinking a pop and eatin burger.

Best answer yet!!! On a road course you would be hard pressed to beat an equal manual w/an auto. Place and need for both.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #111

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
Good answer...especially the last part, but for me that's a benefit of the manual...lol...gotta shift, so it's a deterrent from making a mess of the car by eating, drinking, and smoking in it...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #112
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
That combination will always elicit a different reaction and garner more respect.
The only people who "respect" a person based on their transmission choice are kids who don't know any better and honestly who cares what they think.

Oh you think my car sucks because I have a automatic in it? Well as soon as you're done cooking my Mc Donalds fries we can discuss it further...