Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Thread Closed
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
mxkx250
 
mxkx250's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 372
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
What would be embarrasing is if a 1LT cloned into a ZL1 appearance goes against a GT Mustang and gets stomped. All the Mustang forums will be telling how a stock GT killed a ZL1.
__________________
2012 ZL1, VR, M6, ECF, Polished 5 spokes.
1998 Camaro SS, Red, M6.
1973 Camaro Motion Tribute, Blue, 454, M4
1967 Camaro RS/SS, Black, 350/295, A2
2008 Cobalt SS, Turbocharged, Black, M5
2008 Avalanche LTZ, Black, A4
mxkx250 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #30
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 372
Maybe GM should should make them ugly then no one would want to clone them and you can have all the exclusivity you want.
ssrs396 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #31
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)
 
Monchy36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Slatington, PA
Posts: 4,779
OP you know I have a lot of respect for you! And I thanks God that you are one of the lucky ones that can afford a ZL1 or any car that you after... But you forgetting one point here... If GM do this what's going to happen when you want to sell parts of your car that you don't need or don't want? Like your wheels right now... If was only made for ZL1 how you going to sell them? Me personally don't need the power but love the look! Can't afford the real one, a least can enjoy the way my car looks now... It's no different than any other body kit..
Monchy36 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #32
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
What would be embarrasing is if a 1LT cloned into a ZL1 appearance goes against a GT Mustang and gets stomped. All the Mustang forums will be telling how a stock GT killed a ZL1.
Who cares? I don't ever go to mustang forums. What is really screwed up is all the fourth gen Z28 owners that take their badges off and pretend to be a V-6 Camaro like mine.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,278
I'm sorry but, a $55k car simply isn't exclusive. Hell my wifes Chevy Traverse cost 40k. I can probably quickly find 10 suburban soccer mom SUV's in my neighborhood alone that cost as much or more than that ZL1 does lol.

Deal with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
OP you know I have a lot of respect for you! And I thanks God that you are one of the lucky ones that can afford a ZL1 or any car that you after... But you forgetting one point here... If GM do this what's going to happen when you want to sell parts of your car that you don't need or don't want? Like your wheels right now... If was only made for ZL1 how you going to sell them? Me personally don't need the power but love the look! Can't afford the real one, a least can enjoy the way my car looks now... It's no different than any other body kit..
I love you too, (no homo) But the rims I wasn't really referring to, or minimal things like the grille or rockers. It was more so the major exterior body components. Me personally, I don't want to sell anything exterior wise. If it was made for my car, im keeping it as it was made for a reason. For $59k, I'd be nuts to do that, in my opinion. If GM made the front fenders, front bumper and possibly did the rear end(wider body)different then the other trims I'd be fine with that. It would just separate the high end model from the others slightly, that's all. I know there would be people that will go to hell and high water to replicate it, but it would deter the majority to want to spend $5k(let's say) to do so.

I'm not knocking anyone's Camaro claiming there's is better or worse(or less elite, , I've never been one to say things just so I gain popularity or friends, etc. This is just how I feel. To each his own. The LT, LS, 1LE look good as they rolled off production in their own right.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #35
SPCBA


 
Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: a line somwhere
Posts: 4,207
if the ss came with the front end downforce i wouldn't have any zl1 parts. never thought I was cloning anything by getting downforce and brake cooling on my car.

if gm made none of the parts easily interchangeable then each model would cost more and more. not smart.
SPCBA is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,095
You had to have known nobody will side with you on this..

Lets see you have a ZL1? You do realize someone has a car that looks just like yours, and it is a ZL1 right?

I wish I could have one and your bitching that someone else is making theirs look like a ZL1..

Move on!!
__________________


KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
lexlueger


 
lexlueger's Avatar
 
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Who cares? I don't ever go to mustang forums. What is really screwed up is all the fourth gen Z28 owners that take their badges off and pretend to be a V-6 Camaro like mine.
This. My car is completely debadged...I pity the badge whore ZL1 owner that runs into me talking mess.
__________________
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
CUSTOM CAM
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.


lexlueger is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #38
stlrammer

 
stlrammer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,009
Who needs ZL1 front bumper and hood and rear facia and quad exhaust. I turned my SS into a ZL1 for $185 with stripe and hood/trunk badges.

Just messing with you all! I'm pictured with a real ZL1 at C5Fest3. I wouldn't deface my SS as it's paid off. What could be better? Time for mods! None will be to make a ZL1 clone.

__________________
stlrammer is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #39
mntgome1

 
mntgome1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Home of the Blue Crab
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Who cares? I don't ever go to mustang forums. What is really screwed up is all the fourth gen Z28 owners that take their badges off and pretend to be a V-6 Camaro like mine.
Due to a good ole hit and run my car is in the shop rite now getting a V-6 conversion bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
This. My car is completely debadged...I pity the badge whore ZL1 owner that runs into me talking mess.
Say.....
__________________
mntgome1 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
You had to have known nobody will side with you on this..

Lets see you have a ZL1? You do realize someone has a car that looks just like yours, and it is a ZL1 right?

I wish I could have one and your bitching that someone else is making theirs look like a ZL1..

Move on!!
Do I care if nobody agreed with me? No. Was I searching to win a popularity contest? No. I'm not a follower, never have, never will be. The topic wasn't addressed to you. I don't come home to you every night last time I checked, in other words I could care less about your emotional state of being. I had an opinion, so I said it.

Sounds like you need to do the moving on because I'm not going anywhere.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #41
NEVRL8
 
NEVRL8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
If you're looking for an exclusive car, you're buying the wrong brand.
Short sweet and true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
I'm sorry but, a $55k car simply isn't exclusive. Hell my wifes Chevy Traverse cost 40k. I can probably quickly find 10 suburban soccer mom SUV's in my neighborhood alone that cost as much or more than that ZL1 does lol.

Deal with it.
Correct, you can't buy exclusive until your'e well into three digits my friend.

OP, I completely understand your frustration but doesn't the 1LE share the wheels off the ZL1? You had a 1LE right?

I don't like poser cars either, but I don't consider borrowing parts from a upper level car to make your car look or perform better a poser car. It's only when a car gets rebadged as something it's not or someone tries to pass it off as somthing it's not that it makes me laugh.

I had a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport and some ZO6 owners got butt hurt cause it had the same widebody as theres. GM did that not me, and they sold.

I currently have a 2013 SS with a 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and a Vert spoiler. I have waiting to be installed the ZL1 rear diffuser. I love the ZL1 wheels, but I will go with a different wheel because I don't want people to think it's just a ZL1! LOL J/K

I have had MANY cars in my lifetime and have always modded them, but tastefully. Unless your ready to spend six figures or more forget about being exclusive and enjoy your car.
NEVRL8 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Do I care if nobody agreed with me? No. Was I searching to win a popularity contest? No. I'm not a follower, never have, never will be. The topic wasn't addressed to you. I don't come home to you every night last time I checked, in other words I could care less about your emotional state of being. I had an opinion, so I said it.

Sounds like you need to do the moving on because I'm not going anywhere.

The topic was addressed to the public, it's not like you sent a letter or email and we intercepted it..

Your request is stupid and will never happen. I for one am ok with interchangeable parts I just don't like people badging the car something it is not.

I also didn't mean that you go away from here.. I'm all for us all being here enjoying these cars and us having different views, even if we don't see eye to eye sometimes..

__________________


KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.