Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
congrats
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Glad you finally saw the light! jk Ford makes some good cars too

Congrats!
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #31
pwrmanpaul66

Drives: 2016 2/SS 6 spd Dual Mode
if youd like to hear my exhaust setup no headers and i dont have a tune and yes i have the auto too but i have figured how to get around that while driving but like i said if your in the neighborhood of dsm drop me a couple lines on here some time !
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
draco23

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS2
Congrats on your new purchase and a very fine purchase you have made. I am new to this fourm as well but have found it to be an awesome place for information and to be amoung friends. I agree with the other posts here the first thing you want to do is dump the factory exhaust and add the CAI.
draco23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhound View Post
Hello People.....Great site here!

I bought my Camaro SS last Feb. after many Mustang test drives. The light came on with my first test drive with the Camaro!

Rock solid machine that I'm so tempted to modify......but I want to do some big road trips with this machine, so reliability and the warranty needs to be kept intact................(or not!) <-----wife!

Minor quirks with this car (every vehicle has em') is......
#1- I had to get the windows tinted, not for looks but for function. The visors should slide like they do on a lot of vehicles. The sun blinds me something terrible from the sides. (sensitive eyes...the tint helped big time!)

#2 - AFM Sucks.... Didn't know the autos had this and I hate to tune this out and loose any warranty.

#3 - My wifes Surburban with the 5.3 engine sounds awesome when started and getting on the gas! The Camaro has a very quite exhaust!

#4- I have a feeling my wallets gonna get lighter!

I traded in a 2011 F-250 Lariat.....for a Camaro SS!
My grown kids think it's a mid life crisis........I told them I had that event a long time ago! Where you kids been!
AFM is just one of many reasons I went for the Manual. Many other being having that manual gear shift fun, the LS3.... I knew before I bought it that I would be changing the exhaust. Factory is never good enough because they are normally far to quiet.

Love the colour and stripes

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote