Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #99
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
I seriously don't see what the big deal is with wanting to see proof of said bone stock run... Why do we got to be called trolls when someone is claiming the fastest time ever reported with a stock Z?

You know it was just the other day that alot of you here calling us trolls, were the same people calling out Hennessey HPE for running a slow time. You people were saying there must have been an agenda to show how much their mods improved the times... REMEMBER? I know i do...

So that was ok right? Not one of those guys were called trolls that i recall.

It's perfectly fine for you guy's to call out HPE with their 12.5 run, but when another performance shop claims a great time with no proof, that's ok.

If the situation was reversed and someone on this forum claimed that a bone stock 11 GT500 broke into the 11's or whatever, EVERYONE would claim BS. Right? Everyone would say show me the time slip... Where is the video...

So again, here we have someone claiming the fastest time ever reported for a stock ZL1, and we have to be called trolls to ask for proof. Reguardless of who or what company claims they ran this or that, IMO its BS until proven otherwise... Thats how this works isn't it?

No disrespect to redline, but when you claim a time like that with a car thats had this much contraversy, you don't throw out times like that without posting a video, period...

For everyone saying what would the agenda be to lie about the 12.04 run.
Personally i don't know. I could only speculate that after HPE posted a run of 12.5 and got flamed the way they did, that could be a motive in itself...

For what it's worth, i truly and honestly believe that a bone stock Z CAN and WILL run a 12.04. I also believe that a stock Z can and will break into the 11's. However until someone post's up a timeslip or video, im calling and there is nothing wrong with that period...

read the coments from the original poster he is basically talking about you. I don't think he is going to lose any sleep over what you think. ha ha.

you post in information and then you get crucified for having some agenda buy people like you. with all due respect of course.

why should he have to prove anything to you?

Look at what the hennesy thread turned into. they post in info and it turns into a chevy ford argument. when it was really just information. they ran 1.25 that day in an auto. yet people had to take it to some dark place.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #100
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
The Internet just cracks me up. We sat at the shop last night with Scott Parker the Editor of GM High Tech and just waited for all the crows to comment! We have been working with Scott for years and he is always present when we do testing like this. I would like to divulge more but it takes the steam from his articles. This is not our first rodeo.

We posted results from our intake last week and the numbers match the results. Thats called backing up product. Plus we backed up that time we posted three times with one run at 119 mph...

Maybe some of the other ZL owners on this thread should go for a trip down the strip and see for yourself what they do.Our objective was not to claim anything.....just merely showing what it did with what under those conditions.
They won't do that because they are afraid they might get a 13sec time and which won't back up all their BS talk they did here.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #101
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
They won't do that because they are afraid they might get a 13sec time and which won't back up all their BS talk they did here.
Someone's angry with the Camaro.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #102
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
Why do we got to be called trolls when someone is claiming the fastest time ever reported with a stock Z?

You know it was just the other day that alot of you here calling us trolls, were the same people calling out Hennessey HPE for running a slow time. You people were saying there must have been an agenda to show how much their mods improved the times... REMEMBER? I know i do...

So that was ok right? Not one of those guys were called trolls that i recall.
LMAO... no one called you a troll in this thread... And who the hell is US... YOU are the one continually singled out. Just sick of all your whiney BS... If the troll shoe fits wear it... weren't you banned for that once already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

look no dip at 4500 rpms. HPE's car has/had a problem. It's really sad you are going to argue that HPE's time is legit when you can see problems. Now continue ranting. I find it funny most of the time.
except I don't find it funny too much...
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #103
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
look no dip at 4500 rpms. HPE's car has/had a problem. It's really sad you are going to argue that HPE's time is legit when you can see problems. Now continue ranting. I find it funny most of the time.
HPE ran a 12.6 on stock tires. They ran a 12.11 on 20" drag radials. This car ran a 12.04 on drag radials.

I don't see much of a difference there bud
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #104
PC HOTROD

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM 6M
Quote:
We are working a sequence of upgrades for a feature for GM High Tech Performance Magazine. This is a stock motor automatic on pump gas.

The runs where done at PBIR where the weather was 90 degrees and the DA was 1740!!!

10's are right around the corner...

Howard
Looks like my calculated estimates were damn close!!!! We calculated a 11.72 with the 6 speed manual.

Nice work with the baseline testing REDLINE!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #105
Ltespd

Drives: 2010 SS, 2006 SC Saleen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
quicker reaction time would do that....looked like on his 11.68 run he didn't launch til right at green wonder what his r/t was on the 12.04 run
Reaction time has nothing to do with 1/4 mile time. You could sit at the green light all day. Your time starts when you start moving.
Sorry...I see it's already been addressed.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #106
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
http://youtu.be/lI9rfyxtMZM
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #107
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:

for future reference, if you copy and paste the link from the address bar at the top it will embed the video.

Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #108
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Looking forward to the article. Looks like with the stage 2 the zl1 got a few more goodies.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #109
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cam? Ooo... I can't wait; it sounded GREAT!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #110
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
No numbers? you tease.