Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Toyota's recreating performance line up?

I have been looking at the Toyota FR-S (GT-86 etc.) for about a year and I absolutely love the design. With a curb weight of around 2600 lbs and a 200 hp engine with a supposed 300 hp upgraded version and a low center of gravity this car could dominate while maintaining fuel economy.
FR-S GT-86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota.com
"FT-HS — hybrid powertrain meets sports-car fundamentals
Pairing a potent hybrid powertrain with essential sports-car fundamentals, the FT-HS is a mid-priced sports car that integrates ecology and emotion in a concept that addresses the question, "What is a suitable sports car for the 21st century?"

Boasting a powerful V6 3.5L engine, the FT-HS is coupled with Toyota's Hybrid Synergy DriveŽ to produce a target power output of approximately 400 horsepower and a projected zero-to-60 acceleration in the four-second range. At a mid-priced market position, the FT-HS would be a true "attainable exotic" with 21st-century performance.

A sculpted front and rear remove mass around key functional components, while the roof has a distinctive scooped-out section designed to reduce aerodynamic drag and provide head room at the key areas.

The FT-HS's interior features create a dedicated driver's ****pit that includes a cross-car instrument panel structure and delta-wing driver pod. An integrated instrument panel surrounds the driver, creating an enclosed pod effect. Armrests flow seamlessly into the door and surrounding interior. Seating is optimized for a lightweight appearance and function: The seating accommodates four and then converts to a two-seater when the roof retracts."
FT-HS

Now I don't want to lose my loyalty for chevy but if the 6th gen doesn't turn me on, I may just jump on one of these .
Either way I say good job Toyota keep the competition coming
Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I can't wait til Toyota starts producing decent sportscars again. I could care less about brand loyalty....my money is hard-earned by me, I will spend it to please me, not Chevy or Ford or whatever.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote