Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
Foose Nitrous for SS.

Hi. I've seen some older posts on here about the Foose Nitrous not fitting the SS properly but that some were in the works. Does anybody know if they have ones that fit properly now? Carid.com has them for sale and says they fit. Haven't really been able to find any pics of 5th gens with them.
Intimidator333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Hi......Just so we are talking "APPLES vs APPLES". You mentioned Foose Nitrous wheels. There are 2 different Nitrous wheels made, a 1 piece, and a 2 piece.....PLUS the LEDGEND wheel which looks so close to the Nitrous, most people can't tell the difference. AND you can/will find them in both the CLASSIC and DESIGN line of Foose Wheels.

The links below are from the MHT Wheels Inc. site......MHT is who actually MAKES Fooses Wheels........if you ever watch OVERHAULING and see them (Chip) having wheels made.....if ya see the building, its MHT's facility.

NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE between Ledgend and Nitrous???

http://www.mhtwheels.com/default.cfm?brand=603

The FIRST link is to a gallery with cars with the ONE PIECE wheels and there are some 5th Gens with LEDGEND's on them.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/gallery_result.cfm

you can do some more searching on the site and you can find some pictures in the galleries with Nitrous wheels too. You will need to look in the FOOSE DESIGN and the FOOSE CLASSIC sections.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
Ratt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2ss
Both are sweet wheels I think the Nitrous have little bolts in between the spokes that are a pain to clean so I would go with the Legend.

To be honest when I found out that they are both made in China I bought the American Racing Torque thrust M. I love them and they were only $1250.00 installed.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
Both are sweet wheels I think the Nitrous have little bolts in between the spokes that are a pain to clean so I would go with the Legend.

To be honest when I found out that they are both made in China I bought the American Racing Torque thrust M. I love them and they were only $1250.00 installed.
ME TOO. I found out the REGULAR Foose wheels were made in China when I went to put my Nitrous wheels on my '06' Ranger I had......and I kept them as clean as I do my Camaro......and them STILL got some rust/corrosion on the wheels.....I was VERY disappointed with them.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Intimidator333

I'm talking about the regular Nitrous with the little bolts or nuts or whatever they are inbetween. Not the legends or the Nitrous II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hi......Just so we are talking "APPLES vs APPLES". You mentioned Foose Nitrous wheels. There are 2 different Nitrous wheels made, a 1 piece, and a 2 piece.....PLUS the LEDGEND wheel which looks so close to the Nitrous, most people can't tell the difference. AND you can/will find them in both the CLASSIC and DESIGN line of Foose Wheels.

The links below are from the MHT Wheels Inc. site......MHT is who actually MAKES Fooses Wheels........if you ever watch OVERHAULING and see them (Chip) having wheels made.....if ya see the building, its MHT's facility.

NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE between Ledgend and Nitrous???

http://www.mhtwheels.com/default.cfm?brand=603

The FIRST link is to a gallery with cars with the ONE PIECE wheels and there are some 5th Gens with LEDGEND's on them.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/gallery_result.cfm

you can do some more searching on the site and you can find some pictures in the galleries with Nitrous wheels too. You will need to look in the FOOSE DESIGN and the FOOSE CLASSIC sections.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator333 View Post
I'm talking about the regular Nitrous with the little bolts or nuts or whatever they are inbetween. Not the legends or the Nitrous II.
theirs a good reason you won't see any ....... for the simple reason they don't make them in the REGULAR Nitrous for our bolt pattern/offset....here is their TECH PAGE with the sizes/offsets/bolt patterns. I had some.....but they were on my FORD.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/pdf/specs/F...ous%20Data.pdf
Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
Intimidator333

Ok that would make sense. If you enter all the car info on carid.com it lists them and says they fit. I also looked on ebay and it had a listing for 20in all bolt patterns available and another listing of a 24in 5x120. What a bummer. I've been looking at wheels for 2 weeks and decided I liked these the best.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator333 View Post
Ok that would make sense. If you enter all the car info on carid.com it lists them and says they fit. I also looked on ebay and it had a listing for 20in all bolt patterns available and another listing of a 24in 5x120. What a bummer. I've been looking at wheels for 2 weeks and decided I liked these the best.
If you want the Nitrous......you gotta get the Nitrous II or the Ledgend....and as you know, those don't have the little fake bolts between the spokes.....and I gotta tell ya.....IF you were able to get them, you would end up hating them after cleaninjg all those little pockets of dirt in the wheels all the time.....it drove me NUTS!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Ratt
Account Suspended

If anyone is getting rust on their chrome rims Browns Plating in Kentucky is with out a doubt the best company to have them re chromed. You can send them one wheel at a time and they will all match when your done, here's the link.

www.brownsplating.com
Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:

Hate to break it to you....but your Torque Thrust's are made in China too.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
tobalt

Drives: IBM L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Haha, yeah they are.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
Ratt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I knew that when I bought them but they looked similar to the Foose and were about $400 less than the Foose. I figured if the were both made in China I would buy the one that cost the least because I would have to have them re chromed at some time.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
I knew that when I bought them but they looked similar to the Foose and were about $400 less than the Foose. I figured if the were both made in China I would buy the one that cost the least because I would have to have them re chromed at some time.
Oh, I see, makes sense then...I suppose!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote