Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #211
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I have some sad news for you all. People only check this thread to see what kind of stupid shit people are trying to say. It's not that they give a damn. It's hard to turn away from stupidity. Hence the popularity of TV.
My advice then is too...........
Stop trying so hard..................... after all obviously you're participating in the stupidity.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #212
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Gas caps need to make their way back to the rear of the car. Hidden discreetly behind a big round emblem, below the trunk door.

I don't have cable :( Most things are free to watch online so I figured it was a good cost saving measure!
No pun intended I suppose. lmao.........another "form or function" solution to bordem. Problematically vehicle ownership cost thousands.................. no free rides here.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #213
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Gas caps need to make their way back to the rear of the car. Hidden discreetly behind a big round emblem, below the trunk door.
Yes, I strongly feel this way about the Mustang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
Where would you want the gas cap door? :face palm:

Sterring wheel is a little more personal than a gas cap...
Umm I don't know maybe where it was on the concept car (drivers rear quarter panel). There are a lot of things from the concept car I miss, the steering wheel is not one of them.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #214
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Yes, I strongly feel this way about the Mustang...
Haha yeah, well it was my 1972 mercury comet that had a big round gas cap on the back that didn't have a lock on it. I miss those days.

Now I just drive up to the pump, and remember it's on the other side so have to swirl around.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #215
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Hey have you guys heard about all the tranny issues the new 5.0 has been having? Shit is crazy. Ford won't even warranty some because they claim that the cars are being raced/driven hard. I guess they would have to though, to keep up with some of us.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #216
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor626 View Post
Hey have you guys heard about all the tranny issues the new 5.0 has been having? Shit is crazy. Ford won't even warranty some because they claim that the cars are being raced/driven hard. I guess they would have to though, to keep up with some of us.
I would have thought muscle cars are built to drive hard.........well hold up to being driven hard...hence muscular and I'm not nearly as shocked as I would have been less recently..........but in all fairness. The entire automotive playing field by their own admittance is obviously in a mess on the design & engineering side of things " Form over Function" failures abound, all in the name to supposively save a quarter, the madness and greed, its running amuck.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #217
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I would have thought muscle cars are built to drive hard.........well hold up to being driven hard...hence muscular and I'm not nearly as shocked as I would have been less recently..........but in all fairness. The entire automotive playing field by their own admittance is obviously in a mess on the design & engineering side of things " Form over Function" failures abound, all in the name to supposively save a quarter, the madness and greed, its running amuck.

Seriously, it's ridiculous. I know they're the enemy, but these poor guys can't even enjoy their cars. Also, forget about even the tiniest mod (short throw shifter), Ford will void warranty over the smallest thing.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #218
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Quote:
Actually, I kinda like the fuel door on the pass. Side. I don't have to wait in line at the pump any more since 90% of everyone else is on the drivers side. I just wish it wasnt just barely hanging there on that flimsy plastic hinge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #219
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
Actually, I kinda like the fuel door on the pass. Side. I don't have to wait in line at the pump any more since 90% of everyone else is on the drivers side. I just wish it wasnt just barely hanging there on that flimsy plastic hinge...
Well if it was on the back you wouldn't have to deal with any of that....
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #220
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
I drove a Camaro SS with the new steering wheel and it is much better; more comfortably and looks nicer on the Camaro then the thick semi-truck looking of previous Camaros.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #221
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
My advice then is too...........
Stop trying so hard..................... after all obviously you're participating in the stupidity.
the caps.........all the dots......................who's really trying hard here..................?

Closed Thread