Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
steveintulsa

Drives: 2010 rs/ss
Count me in - it would solve a lot of untucking issues for me. I just want a stable cover at highway speeds
steveintulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
steveintulsa

Drives: 2010 rs/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I find I don't use mine all that often unless I am leaving the top down for a while. That said, when it is on, mine seems very secure, even when cruising down the highway.

Doesn't yours want to untuck from the rear of the cover? Mine does OK in town but open her up on the road and it gets this washboard effect that is unsetteling - I just take it off & stow it in the trunk
steveintulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #17
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrman56 View Post
Contraption is the perfect way to describe it, jmm. Also, after it's been in the sun for a while, you need oven mitts to handle it. The only drawback I see to a hard cover would be that it probably wouldn't fit in the trunk. What about a two or three piece cover that could be taken apart instead of having to be folded like a roadmap?
Had a "parade boot" - something like this on my '85 Celica vert and always feared the thing would fly off. Flimsy catch hooks underneath each side of the boot were metal but really cheaply made. And with no more replacements avaliable for an almost 25 year-old car. One reason I got rid of it and said the next convertible, if ever, would be new.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
cj7ngolf

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Convert
Mine stays on OK, it just flaps in the middle a bit and is a total PITA to get on/off with one person without taking a chance of scratching, plastic/painted surfaces...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE650Ragtop View Post
Count me as 2 I have had no problems with the stock cover either and if you push it back after it is installed it does not even come untucked. (I learned that a few weeks ago)
Anyone who's followed the convertible threads knows by now im the king of bitching about the cheap, flimsy tanneau (oops, there I go again...)

But I must say, after it unhooked twice and untucking numerous times, I've found a way to secure it quite well... I added the lock washers to extend the mounting posts a bit, making it easier to attach and giving it more room to slide toward the rear and offer extra material to tuck under. I only drive w the tanneau on cuz I really am not comfortable the way the top fabric flaps without it. Im anxious to get it back from JL and try adding a soft material buffer between the top.and the tanneau to stop the wear marks on the front brace, very curious to see if the added thickness will.also "tighten" the tanneau fit givingit less room to ripple.......but again, two washers and a little trial and error later and it seems quite secure now, even well into triple digits!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote