Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
A must for Vert Owners... Ghost Armor

After my first detail from the dealer, I noticed micro-scratches on the radio display. I was a bit peeved. You cant take a dusty rag and clean any of the gauges. Note to future owners - ask them NOT to detail your car, do it yourself.

I found a company called http://ghost-armor.com/ which their primary business is cell phone scratch proof protection.

I saw them at Camaro5Fest II but did not take any time at their booth. Since they are in the Phoenix area, I took my car into their shop in Mesa and they installed ghost armor on all of the gauges (there are 8 in the 2SS!), headlamps, fog lamps and door handle cups (my wife's wedding ring likes to leave scratches). Total cost after installation? $95.

The beauty is it filled in the micro scratches in the radio display and will never scratch again.

That radio display is a prime candidate for ugly scratches... soft plastic, curved body, and large. Do yourself a favor, get your plastic covered.

With the top down, you get a lot of dust, and in Arizona, the dirt is gritty and sharp.

I can now clean all plastic components with water spray and towel and not worry about scratches.
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Starminder
Savant

Drives: 2011 Vert 2SS/RS CGM
Looks like a fantastic idea. They offer a "Chevrolet Package - 2010 Camaro Complete Protection Package" for $125. I found a 20% off discount code "ipadblog" and it actually worked, so I get it for $99. Imagine it is similar to installing a screen protector on my phone and I managed that, so hopefully it's simple enough. thanks for the tip, will let you know how it goes.

11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed
01/28/2011 - (3800) Order produced
03/01/2011 - (4200) Shipped
03/16/2011 - DELIVERED

View my Garage
Starminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
melbourne_ls1

Drives: 2011 2SS Red Jewel Tintcoat Vert
Thanks for the discount code!!!
I just ordered a complete set for $99 too.
melbourne_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientweather View Post
After my first detail from the dealer, I noticed micro-scratches on the radio display. I was a bit peeved. You cant take a dusty rag and clean any of the gauges. Note to future owners - ask them NOT to detail your car, do it yourself.

I found a company called http://ghost-armor.com/ which their primary business is cell phone scratch proof protection.

I saw them at Camaro5Fest II but did not take any time at their booth. Since they are in the Phoenix area, I took my car into their shop in Mesa and they installed ghost armor on all of the gauges (there are 8 in the 2SS!), headlamps, fog lamps and door handle cups (my wife's wedding ring likes to leave scratches). Total cost after installation? $95.

The beauty is it filled in the micro scratches in the radio display and will never scratch again.

That radio display is a prime candidate for ugly scratches... soft plastic, curved body, and large. Do yourself a favor, get your plastic covered.

With the top down, you get a lot of dust, and in Arizona, the dirt is gritty and sharp.

I can now clean all plastic components with water spray and towel and not worry about scratches.
HOW about your wedding ring , if you have one there is ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
REValie

Drives: 2011Vert 2SS/RS RJT
+1 Thanks
REValie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Ph4r
Top Down Fun

Drives: 11 2SS/RS IOM Vert
Do they have someone on here? Does the complete kit include all of the individual kits or only the four shown in the pictures?

Daily Driver: 2016 Ford Fusion Titanium with 2 car seats in the back!
Ph4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
They have multiple packages, it is confusing and they need to say 2010-11 on the website!

1. Chevrolet Package - 2010 Camaro Complete Protection Package includes 7 gauges + 1 radio skin, headlamps and foglamps

2. Chevrolet 2010 Camaro Door Handle Cup for the four doors.

Online the price is $149.98 but with a little negotiating on the price, I got the entire package for $95. If you are in the Phoenix area, call them, set up an appointment and tell them you want the same deal I got (RJT convertible, Ed). They are open until 6pm which means you can swing by after work.

They are very flexible on price. You can call and ask for the best coupon code to use, or ask if they will generate one for Camaro5 Convertible Forum.

The material is relatively inexpensive. The hard part is perfecting the templates for the individual gauges, lights and door handles.

If you screw up and leave a bubble or fingerprint, they will send you a new one. I have read this online.

They are extremely customer focused and growing very quickly. The car market is small compared to IPad, Cell Phone market but I like to see entrepeneurship.
ambientweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #8
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
THANKS FOR THE REVIEW GUYS!

We strive to be the best and its great to see the feedback!

Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I put these on and they are high quality. I only had my 2010 coupe for less than 2 years before I traded it in for my vert and the radio face plate had swirls on it after no time at all. Did this to keep from that happeing again.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #10
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Tried to order the interior kit, but the discount code above no longer works. Is there another promo code for C5 members?

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
I am interested in this too! I will contact Ghost-Armour and see if we can get a Camaro 5 discount code. I'll report back when I hear something....

{EDIT} - email just sent.....
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Ok - I heard back from Josh at Ghost Armour. He offered us a 10% discount off entire order if we enter "camaro5" in the box for the promo code.

Thanks Josh!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote