Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Harpers Ferry checking in. I've seen several of you riding around the Charles Town area. I saw the guy who has a synergy green SS over at the Charles Town car wash before the latest artic blast of horrible weather moved in.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #72
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
I've seen quite a few green/black stripe SS's running around...either that guy/gal is packing on the miles or there are a bunch of them here. There is a Geen with white stripes that has been sitting on the Martinsburg Apple Valley Chevy lott for months. What's with the green around here?? Probably my least favorite color of the car...but its growing on me. Saw a green with orange strips that actually looked pretty sharp...I was suprised that I liked it....cant wait till the first good cruize to meet everyone!
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #73
TheHorse13

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
I've seen quite a few green/black stripe SS's running around...either that guy/gal is packing on the miles or there are a bunch of them here. There is a Geen with white stripes that has been sitting on the Martinsburg Apple Valley Chevy lott for months. What's with the green around here?? Probably my least favorite color of the car...but its growing on me. Saw a green with orange strips that actually looked pretty sharp...I was suprised that I liked it....cant wait till the first good cruize to meet everyone!
Yes, I've seen that one at Apple Valley. I went there looking for a car but they were less than nice to me when I walked in. I ended up getting my car down in Virginia.

There is an older guy (I'd say 50s) who runs around in a green SS with white stripes down in Charles Town. There is also a guy who has a blue RS with white hockey stripes and the white cowl stickers that run along the sides.

The car club that used to host their meet at the cone zone in Charles Town is now going to hold it at the Home Depot area on rt 9. I'm unsure what caused it but rumor has it that the parkinglot is too crowded because of Gold's Gym.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #74
billscamaros

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28, 1969 Camaro RS
Yeah .... the Cone Zone parking lot has been getting crowded over the past couple of years. The cruise has grown over the past couple of years .... which has been an awesome trend. So the lot was getting a little crowded. There was also getting to be a problem with a few people who seemed to want to drive thru the rows of cars to look at them vice parking and walking around. We'll see how the cruise goes this year.
billscamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #75
Bill Dillow

Drives: 2005 2500HD DuraMax, 2010 SS/RS Bla
I was at the Cone-Zone yesterday evening and they are advertising "Cone-Zone cruise ins every Friday starting April 15".
Bill Dillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #76
Bill Dillow

There are 3 in my neighborhood now (Gap View Village). CGM just moved in from Maryland and a sharp white with blue stripes. I've seen the blue RS with stripes around quite a bit as well. The guy always turns in at Shipley school and takes the side road by Meadows Farms.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #77
TheHorse13

The Cone Zone is doing their own car meet and the club that used to go to the Cone Zone is now going to be up by the Home-Depot. I've heard a number of reasons why the car club did this. The first being that the lot was no longer able to handle the event. The second was that there was a certain "element" there that had little to no consideration for the cars that were there. I would be pissed if I parked a 60K car there and someone dropped an ice cream cone on it.

The guy with the blue RS lives in my neighborhood. I live back there in Carriage Park too. He always smiles and waves to me when he sees me rollin through with my car.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #78
jmcbeth
THR 2SS/RS Supercharged

Drives: 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
Well, if the weather is nice, maybe 4/15 is the day! We are coming from MD, so probably can't be there before about 7 PM. Also, don't forget the EPCA 2nd annual Camaro/Firebird show on May 7 at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Foxcroft Avenue in Martinsburg.
jmcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #79
Bill Dillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
The Cone Zone is doing their own car meet and the club that used to go to the Cone Zone is now going to be up by the Home-Depot. I've heard a number of reasons why the car club did this. The first being that the lot was no longer able to handle the event. The second was that there was a certain "element" there that had little to no consideration for the cars that were there. I would be pissed if I parked a 60K car there and someone dropped an ice cream cone on it.

The guy with the blue RS lives in my neighborhood. I live back there in Carriage Park too. He always smiles and waves to me when he sees me rollin through with my car.
I drive through Carriage Park now and then, I have a buddy that lives in the back section. Come to think of it, i've seen a black Camaro just up from his house on the left.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #80
TheHorse13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dillow View Post
I drive through Carriage Park now and then, I have a buddy that lives in the back section. Come to think of it, i've seen a black Camaro just up from his house on the left.
Yep. That would be me. I live in the back on the left if you're coming up the street.

Quote:
Well, if the weather is nice, maybe 4/15 is the day! We are coming from MD, so probably can't be there before about 7 PM. Also, don't forget the EPCA 2nd annual Camaro/Firebird show on May 7 at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Foxcroft Avenue in Martinsburg.
Yea, a buddy of mine has a blue trans am that he takes to that show in Martinsburg. My car is just a daily driver so I won't be in the show.

See ya at these events.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #81
S-eatin-grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Yep. That would be me. I live in the back on the left if you're coming up the street.

Yea, a buddy of mine has a blue trans am that he takes to that show in Martinsburg. My car is just a daily driver so I won't be in the show.

See ya at these events.
Mine's just a daily driver...on days between April and December that don't involve a forcast with precipitation...haha. Don't let the dialy driver thig prevent you from bringing your car! Shine it up and show it off!

I don't personally know anyone else with a Gen 5 camaro...so I'm looking forward to going to one of these cruise events!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #82
TheHorse13

She cleans up nicely. Thing is, the intent was to get a fuel efficient car (relative to the SUV I had) that looks nice and was much cheaper than the vehicle I had before. It fits well in all of those requirements. There are many nice Gen5 SS cars in the area. I'm sure they will turn up at the Cone Zone event and the other cruise night events.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #83
S-eatin-grin

Crap!! I forgot all about the cruize today in Charles Town...did anyone here go?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #84
TheHorse13

Yea, I went last night. There was one SS parked there and a black SS rolled through the parking lot. The Mustang club is now meeting there and they had about 30 or so cars parked in the now defunct Chevy dealership. It was a strong turnout given that it wasn't exactly nice out and with the other car club now meeting up by Home Depot. In fact, there was some disagreement in the parking lot as the old car club that used to meet there were passing out flyers to the people at the cone zone. Seems to be some very bad blood over them leaving the cone zone lot.