Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #29
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirthepot View Post
DK,

I was the guy with the Orange Camaro that you saw a several weeks ago on Forest Ave by the Ridgewood Ave traffic light.

If you haven't already ordered, try Rejex. Same results 1/10th the effort. I know Zaino is very good, I used it myself for years on my Vette's.

Try Rejex, I am in Westwood if you want to see the results for yourself.

You wont be disappointed with Zaino, you will just spend a LOT more time doing it.
LOL! Hey man! That was cool seeing you at the light. Everybody else probably thought we were crazy! I think I'm going to give Zaino a shot first and test it out on my Cobalt SS/SC first to make sure I have the application down and then move over to my Camaro. I spoke with Carl in PA, who was a pleasure to speak with by the way, and he gave me some really great advice. For example, my wife thought I was crazy a few weeks ago using my leaf blower to dry my car, but after I spoke with Carl, he said it was common for all owners that valued their cars to do this instead of shammys or towels. I just received his order form via email and I'm about to fill out my order, but if things don't work out with Zaino, I'd love to stop by and see Rejex for myself if you didn't mind. I tried locating you on C5, but I forgot what your nick was. Great finally speaking with you!

Last edited by DkknightX; 11-09-2009 at 08:07 PM.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #30
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
Use Adam's.

Adam's is the best/simple stuff I have ever used !
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
LOL! Hey man! That was cool seeing you at the light. Everybody else probably thought we were crazy! I think I'm going to give Zaino a shot first and test it out on my Cobalt SS/SC first to make sure I have the application down and then move over to my Camaro. I spoke with Carl in PA, who was a pleasure to speak with by the way, and he gave me some really great advice. For example, my wife thought I was crazy a few weeks ago using my leaf blower to dry my car, but after I spoke with Carl, he said it was common for all owners that valued their cars to do this instead of shammys or towels. I just received his order form via email and I'm about to fill out my order, but if things don't work out with Zaino, I'd love to stop by and see Rejex for myself if you didn't mind. I tried locating you on C5, but I forgot what your nick was. Great finally speaking with you!
Glad you got in touch with Carl!

Just follow the tips/instructions on using Zaino, take your time, and I promise you, you'll love the results.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #32
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Thanks a bunch Moose! Carl left me a voicemail this morning (I couldn't get to the phone in time), and confirmed that the order was paid for and being shipped today! He also mentioned that clear instructions for use and application would be bundled with everything. It just seems like a lot of products to use to achieve similar effects. I'm not whining over the money I spent, but I'm more concerned about how using all of those cure accelerators, detergents and additives are going to could potentially do more harm than good. This is my first time jumping into this but my Camaro is too important to stand by and do nothing.

Carl also stated that if you have the 20 inch "POLISHED" wheels, they are clear-coated and need to be cleaned just like paint, using the same cleaners. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just want to make sure I'm using as well as giving correct information. Again, thanks all for your help!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #33
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluman View Post

Adam's is the best/simple stuff I have ever used !
Yeah, Adam's isn't bad. BUT,.....Zaino is the BALLS!!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #34
HokieERVet

Drives: SIM/2LT/RS/Black/Manual
I'm starting to get worried I did my Zaino wrong. Everyone talks about it's difficulty but I thought everything went very easy.

I washed my car with Dawn, did not dry it, clay bar spraying diluted Z7 as needed, rinsed car, washed with Z7 then dried with electric leaf blower...

I did a coat of Z5 with the accelerant- waited 40min then did 2 coats of z2 with accelerant...each time I removed the polish with a blonde towel and then went over the car with Z6...

I think the hardest part for me was that I used such a small amount that sometime I wasn't sure I was really putting stuff on- I couldn't see it....but everyone said that you get into trouble if you use to much. I did one thin line of product across applicator pad per panel...

I used almost no pressure when removing and when using the Z6....

the whole process took me 5 hours

Did I do it wrong? My car is shiny (yeah, yeah- don't have any right now)...maybe I didn't get enough on?
HokieERVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #35
Moose

I'm going to see Carl on Thursday. I could have picked up your order and delivered it...once you let me test drive your 5th Gen.!

As for the Zaino, trust me, it's very easy to use. If I can do it, anyone can. And there's absolutely NOTHING to worry about. The only "additive" is ZFX, which works with the polish and will not harm your car.

For your wheels, just do as you do with the paint. But use a separate applicator as well as towels.

PLEASE. When you get it and have any questions, let me know, and I can give you my cell #, and I'd be happy to talk you through the process.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Thanks a bunch Moose! Carl left me a voicemail this morning (I couldn't get to the phone in time), and confirmed that the order was paid for and being shipped today! He also mentioned that clear instructions for use and application would be bundled with everything. It just seems like a lot of products to use to achieve similar effects. I'm not whining over the money I spent, but I'm more concerned about how using all of those cure accelerators, detergents and additives are going to could potentially do more harm than good. This is my first time jumping into this but my Camaro is too important to stand by and do nothing.

Carl also stated that if you have the 20 inch "POLISHED" wheels, they are clear-coated and need to be cleaned just like paint, using the same cleaners. Please correct me if I am wrong. I just want to make sure I'm using as well as giving correct information. Again, thanks all for your help!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieERVet View Post
I'm starting to get worried I did my Zaino wrong. Everyone talks about it's difficulty but I thought everything went very easy.

I washed my car with Dawn, did not dry it, clay bar spraying diluted Z7 as needed, rinsed car, washed with Z7 then dried with electric leaf blower...

I did a coat of Z5 with the accelerant- waited 40min then did 2 coats of z2 with accelerant...each time I removed the polish with a blonde towel and then went over the car with Z6...

I think the hardest part for me was that I used such a small amount that sometime I wasn't sure I was really putting stuff on- I couldn't see it....but everyone said that you get into trouble if you use to much. I did one thin line of product across applicator pad per panel...

Did I do it wrong? My car is shiny (yeah, yeah- don't have any right now)...maybe I didn't get enough on?
Sounds like you nailed it.

Ed
Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #37
Forrest80

Drives: 09 370z mag black 6mt
Quote:

you did it correct. You use a mental memory of where you put it. "less is more". More = pain in the butt and takes forever to get it off.
Forrest80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #38
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:

Sounds like a perfect execution to me...
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Personally, I think that there are better products out there. One sealant, Blackfire wet diamond sealant, is just as good imo, and you only need to apply 1-2 coats. not this... applying 3 coats a day every day junk.

Then, once you seal it, put a coat of wax on it
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #40
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
They don't deliver to Joizee? That seems odd. Hawaii I almost get, but Joizee? That ain't right.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #41
ApolloWar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
In an early post in the thread I read why Zaino won't deliver in Jersey. The owner, Sal is his name I think, has an agreement to some of his original distributors not to sell in the state. While that's not convenient for the state residents, I applaud him for keeping to his word with the distributors.
ApolloWar is offline   Reply With Quote