Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-08-2024, 06:13 AM   #1
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
ZL1 ADDONS MAGPAD

Does anyone use or recommend the MagPad w/MagPuck for lifting their cars ?

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...-3-jack-magpad
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:33 AM   #2
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I use those for both my floor jack and when I use my Quickjack. They pop on and off easily, stay where you need them and work perfectly. Really handy when you go to shops to make sure they lift correctly. You can only see the bottom of the puck in the photo below (when I was installing my side skirts a couple of years back)

Definitely go for it! I prefer these over the premanent mounted ones.
Attached Images

Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 08:12 AM   #3
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
I have the four permanent pads/blocks on the four outermost lift points for using the quickjacks. I have a magpad that I use on the middle lift point for when I'm using a jack. Works great.

FWIW, I paid $11 for mine on Amazon. Doesn't have a name on the side of it, so they were able to save me $50 bucks.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:32 PM   #4
White1SS

Drives: White 2024 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I have the four permanent pads/blocks on the four outermost lift points for using the quickjacks. I have a magpad that I use on the middle lift point for when I'm using a jack. Works great.

FWIW, I paid $11 for mine on Amazon. Doesn't have a name on the side of it, so they were able to save me $50 bucks.

Do you have a link ?
White1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:51 PM   #5
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I just received my 6th gen Stealth Lift Pads (in red) from ZL1Addons

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...alth-lift-pads

So far, I'm impressed. I placed the order the day before yesterday and only paid for standard shipping. They're high quality, the anodizing is good, the screws appear to be adequately sized, and most importantly...

THEY'RE MADE IN THE USA.

$83 bucks for the real deal, made in USA..

Yep, you can spend $25, $35, $55 for 4 lift points on Amazon. Read the reviews. They're crap, and you're sending your money to China. Don't be that guy.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:31 PM   #6
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I just received my 6th gen Stealth Lift Pads (in red) from ZL1Addons

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...alth-lift-pads

So far, I'm impressed. I placed the order the day before yesterday and only paid for standard shipping. They're high quality, the anodizing is good, the screws appear to be adequately sized, and most importantly...

THEY'RE MADE IN THE USA.

Yep, you can spend $25, $35, $55 for 4 lift points on Amazon. Read the reviews. They're crap, and you're sending your money to China. Don't be that guy.
I just received a set of these last week. I got the natural ones. I haven't installed them yet but they look very well made. I also got the front and rear rock guards.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:53 PM   #7
Evergreen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I just received a set of these last week. I got the natural ones. I haven't installed them yet but they look very well made. I also got the front and rear rock guards.
I was torn between red and natural - my car is white so I wasn't sure if natural would look better if there's much reveal below the rocker. Or if I should go with red to make the points obvious if the car ever has to go to a shop. They all look great, IMO.

And I just finished installing them over my lunch. Laid on the ground and fastened them down. Only took a few minutes.

And now, it's ready to go up on the lift.
Old 05-31-2024, 04:10 PM   #8
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Purchased them and they are on there full time. I have not used them and the dealer uses the metal pads with their rubber blocks so they have not been used yet. HA!!!
For grins I tried the floor jack I have BUT!!!!! It is a shop floor jack therefore no worky because it does not fit under the car!!! I have only owned CrewMax trucks since the early 2000s.
I have to purchase a new jack to fit under the car. YAY!!!!
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 04:20 PM   #9
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I use mine on multiple vehicles. I've used them on my 5th gen, wife's 6th gen, our last equinox lease, the current Blazer. They work great. I've also forgot to take them off on the 5th gen and have been over 130mph. Puck and pad were still on the car.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:26 PM   #10
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
They work great. I've also forgot to take them off on the 5th gen and have been over 130mph. Puck and pad were still on the car.
I had a similar incident. I did some late-night maintenance on the 2LS and discovered my mag pads still installed the next morning. Devised this little reminder to prevent a repeat performance.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2024, 11:52 AM   #11
Evergreen6

Sharing a pic of the ZL1Addons Stealth Lift Points. They work really well.

Completed my 500-mile oil change yesterday evening, check fluids, drain/refill on the rear differential, and installed the CAGS eliminator.

Name:  Lift Points.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  96.2 KB
Old 06-01-2024, 07:57 PM   #12
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
I love my jack pads from ZL1 add-ons. I change wheels from winter to summer and then every time now at autocross. Makes it a cinch.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:15 PM   #13
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:

The ones I got are definitely real. Just went out to the garage and felt them. Reviews were great, and they're working just fine for me. Didn't really think about where they were made, but $83 is definitely more than I feel they're worth. Had I been faced with the choice of knowingly buying Chinese, ehhhh I dunno. I do like to buy American. -but I'm also not losing any sleep over someone's opinion of my purchase, and my "jacking" needs are all taken care of.
EDIT* -So I went back and checked. They ARE Chinese. Buying American is good. Not gonna argue, but again, I'm not losing sleep. Life goes on.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote