Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2024, 12:31 PM   #15
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSShark View Post
I have no affiliation nor am I getting compensated, but I just bought a set of these to try them out. Seems like a great solution. I should have them next week. It'll eliminate the need to use jack stands in addition to a floor jack.
https://agatools.com/products/copy-of-jack-rod-stand

Nice! I bought a similar product from zl1addons, it locks the jack in place. Still don't trust jacks even with these failsafes, but does provide a little more peace of mind.

https://zl1addons.com/products/floor...y-stop-daytona
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 01:37 PM   #16
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Nice! I bought a similar product from zl1addons, it locks the jack in place. Still don't trust jacks even with these failsafes, but does provide a little more peace of mind.

https://zl1addons.com/products/floor...y-stop-daytona
As long as these products prove to be safe, I'm on board.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:37 PM   #17
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
So if the lift pads aren't meant to be used with jackstands, then they only serve to be used with an actual lift? This is certainly news to me, and I am glad I am hearing it now! They should really provide more information on the website as to the proper use and function of these things.

I took a cursory glance at the video, I can't play it with sound at this time, but it appears he's using two jacks to lift the front? My confidence for lifting this thing has waned, and I certainly can't afford any lift system at this time.

This is interesting to me as I was hoping to keep the stands away from any paint underneath.

I will have to do some thinking here on how I am going to go about this. Looks like I'll be in the market for an additional jack as well as the lift pads/mag pad.

Is there any reason as to why one shouldn't use the lift pads as the location for the jackstand? Is it simply unsafe/unsturdy?

In the body-repair section of most auto parts store, they sell packages of fiberglass matting. I've used them for a long time as a cushion between the jack/jackstands and the car. So far, the only thing getting "chewed up" or marked up is the plastic baggie the matting comes in and of course the matting itself.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:37 PM   #18
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
I also used the amazon lift pads on my ZL1. $34 and I milled an edge so they fit flush and properly supported. The ZL1 addons ones come pre milled and properly fitted I would imagine.

The biggest thing I feel with using jackstands in conjunction with these lift pads is using the circular topped pads rather than the metal forged "claw" tops. Less chance of stuff moving around and sliding that way, especially when you're jacking it up on an angle.

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 03:34 PM   #19
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
I also used the amazon lift pads on my ZL1. $34 and I milled an edge so they fit flush and properly supported. The ZL1 addons ones come pre milled and properly fitted I would imagine.

The biggest thing I feel with using jackstands in conjunction with these lift pads is using the circular topped pads rather than the metal forged "claw" tops. Less chance of stuff moving around and sliding that way, especially when you're jacking it up on an angle.
Yes, the flat top stands are recommended. I don’t have any, so I use strip from an old leather welding glove as a friction adder between the two metals.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM   #20
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
I use a pinch weld lifting puck on my floor jack to lift at the center of gravity pinch weld (in-line with the steering column), it lifts the entire side at once. I then just use jack stands under the ZL1 addon lifting blocks on that side. The blocks are sized well for my jack stands.

It's pretty easy.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote