Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 06-08-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Noisy Heim Joint/Rod Ends

How's the NVH with these? I've not used them before and have an adjustable set of sway bar end links and things have been noisy just about since installation. I've lots of experience with sway bars, poly frame bushings, and grease, and I've narrowed this to the end links.
Though they state "teflon coated", they seem to creak and groan pretty bad. I pulled them off the car and sprayed the down with a Teflon dry lube and it wasn't much better.
Thinking of using a synthetic water proof grease and adding a rubber dust boot.
WD-40 would work for short-time but draws dirt and debris and needs reapplied which I can't do with the car on the ground very well.

Too I'm not 100% certain that I've got the bolt/sleeve/washers in there in the right order. I don't think that the washer is supposed to be there on the wheel side of the assembly.

Thoughts?
Attached Images

WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 07:04 AM   #2
WhiteMale

washer shown
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2023, 11:09 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
what brand swaybars and endlinks?
Old 06-08-2023, 11:41 AM   #4
WhiteMale

It's all BMR. I gave the BMR Tech a PM on the forum but never got any input, emailed BMR directly to see what they think.

Last edited by WhiteMale; 06-08-2023 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 05:15 PM   #5
Roddrz

Drives: 2022 Camaro V6 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
How's the NVH with these? I've not used them before and have an adjustable set of sway bar end links and things have been noisy just about since installation. I've lots of experience with sway bars, poly frame bushings, and grease, and I've narrowed this to the end links.
Though they state "teflon coated", they seem to creak and groan pretty bad. I pulled them off the car and sprayed the down with a Teflon dry lube and it wasn't much better.
Thinking of using a synthetic water proof grease and adding a rubber dust boot.
WD-40 would work for short-time but draws dirt and debris and needs reapplied which I can't do with the car on the ground very well.

Too I'm not 100% certain that I've got the bolt/sleeve/washers in there in the right order. I don't think that the washer is supposed to be there on the wheel side of the assembly.

Thoughts?
I installed the 2 washers that came from BMR on each side of the sway bar hole, not after the hex head. Also, I torqued to 45lbs on rear and 75lbs on front BMR links.

Why 75lbs on front? Because after torquing to 35lbs the front sway bar became noisy after 1 week.
Roddrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:50 AM   #6
WhiteMale

Thanks!
I pulled the rod ends off the car this weekend and on th ebench the range of motion made no noise. Still have a creak back there though on reassembly. I'm going to have some one shake the car L/R while I'm under there and try to narrow it down.
I at the same time did the cradle lockout and FR cradle chassis braces and I retorqued everything and it seemed OK. No performance issues, at all, car sticks at WOT as expected.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:56 AM   #7
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I have these and your install looks like the instructions. Make sure the end link and sway bar bushings have grease. Other than that its not uncommon to have some noise with is setup using MBR or SPL parts. Becase race car
Old 10-10-2023, 08:44 PM   #8
s.hammer

Drives: 2015 Z/28
I have had the same issues in the past. Try using dry lube/ teflon spray on the spherical joints. It quiets them down considerably.
s.hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 07:35 AM   #9
WhiteMale

My bar was too tight in the frame mounts, added a washer under the lower bolt to free it up. As well, setting the bar arms at parallel or level as close as I could and bringing the links up to the bar, versus pulling bar down to the link, eliminated most all of my objectionable noises back there. It's wasn't in the end, the rod ends.
Old 10-12-2023, 12:50 PM   #10
GTO_Gregory

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I have "Competition Sway Bars By Hotchkis" with heim joint end links. About 10K on the parts after installation. No noises.

I suggest removing the washer. I looked at the installation instructions online and they only show a bolt with a washer size base to it. Not too big, but no washer. I have squirted the lithium spray on them twice. If nothing else, replace the heim joints. They are not too expensive at under $25.00 each.
2006 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO ERL LS3-430, All-Pro 285cc heads, 262/273 .758/.742 116+3 cam, Sheet-metal Intake, 70lb Siemens injectors, SLP, GMM Ripshifter, QA1 Coil-overs front and rear, nylon suspension bushings, Hotchkis, RPM Trans, SPEC twin clutch, SpinTech, Kooks 1 7/8 -2.0", BMR drive train, Kaaz 3.91, Lingenfelter CAI, Baer brakes, mini-tubs, E85.
GTO_Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote