Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2023, 09:18 AM   #57
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Hi all,

Yes sales boosts are what they are, no matter what manufacturer or product. The internet has guaranteed that so much data, some honest some not, will be out in the world before brochures can be printed. Look at how Dodge capitalized on their Demon TV commercials showing asses doing massive burnouts on city streets without regard to the negative image that displayed.

I personally don’t track my car, but I enjoy it for its extremely capable traits, even in street driving. Great brakes, ample horsepower and torque, fantastic handling and the best close ratio manual transmission I’ve ever had.

I’m curious how many ZLE owners on this forum, and elsewhere, actually bought their ZLE based on the times related in the Nurburgring video. The fact that there may or may not have been a slight timing error regarding that video would have held no consequence to me, based on the observed capabilities of the car with a skilled driver.

With no offense intended to anyone on this site, I seriously doubt there is even a handful of members here who are skilled enough drivers that could have matched the performance shown in the ZLE video.

I’m still very glad I have my car, and have no regrets on its purchase no matter the “correct time”.

JMO

JJ

The only thing that I bought based on that video was the shirt that Bill was wearing. Camaro vs Everybody. It's a big hit at Cars & Coffee.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2023, 09:53 AM   #58
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
GM did not lie. Their times were audited and verified by Nurburgring before it was published. Keep in mind - the Nurburgring only changed their total timing table in the last few months.

GM spends $$$$$$ in getting their cars + drivers to the Ring. They went by the standard all lap times were judged back in 2017.

BTW - ZL1/1LE was sold with the very tires it did the lap times on. Meanwhile Porsche GT folks slaps on their cheater tires (Cup2R) for the Ring Lap times however are NOT sold on the car upon delivery. How about them apples?

Old 09-14-2023, 11:47 AM   #59
Jetrep

Drives: ZL1 1LE, bolt, scary flatbed, hhr,
for sale - ZLE - cheap!!!

I cant look at her anymore knowing she isn't what she showed me in her BIO.....come take her but be careful!!! She will scare you then break your heart because seconds matter to the haters!
Jetrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:59 PM   #60
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Can I get 4 seconds worth of my money back?
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 05:25 PM   #61
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post

Yes sales boosts are what they are, no matter what manufacturer or product.
Well it works and it still has all of us talking about it five years later
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 02:28 PM   #62
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
At least once a week I watch the Nurburgring video.

Ask yourself: Why did Bill Wise have the tire temp reading displayed on his dash? It's because he started the lap with cold tires.

Just some food for thought. That run could have been a whole '..nother 5 seconds faster.

...still waiting for the C8 Z06 run.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 03:05 PM   #63
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Please, what BS. The car is a beast. ZL1 or ZL1/1LE! I guess the 7:29 for the ZL1 was also fake? Did anyone check that out? It’s funny how they pick at it when it’s too close for comfort. Run it again, same car, professional driver who’s a pro at the Nurburgring, it will still be an amazing time! I’ve been at the ring, (I was stationed at Ramstein) and saw plenty of Porsche (VW products) kiss the wall. What a joke. And yes, Porsche has been caught greasing the skids in the past. I’ll take the car that’s sold as is when it ran the ring, than one with different tires and other “tweaks” on the day it ran the ring.

Last edited by george; 09-24-2023 at 03:17 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 05:06 PM   #64
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
At least once a week I watch the Nurburgring video.

Ask yourself: Why did Bill Wise have the tire temp reading displayed on his dash? It's because he started the lap with cold tires.

Just some food for thought. That run could have been a whole '..nother 5 seconds faster.

...still waiting for the C8 Z06 run.
There's a YouTube video where the crew chief explains that they had to start cold from the pits and that, from a hot lap, it would have been three or four seconds faster
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 05:37 PM   #65
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
There's a YouTube video where the crew chief explains that they had to start cold from the pits and that, from a hot lap, it would have been three or four seconds faster
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...I'm sure all manufacturers can speculate ways to drop a few more tenths.

Last edited by Z OH 6; 09-25-2023 at 08:49 AM.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:44 AM   #66
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
I'm curious how many of you who think Bill Wise is just an "amateur" have actually turned a wheel in anger on a road course..........
Old 09-25-2023, 08:52 AM   #67
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
I'm curious how many of you who think Bill Wise is just an "amateur" have actually turned a wheel in anger on a road course..........
Apparently quite a few here which is quite laughable. Just because he's not racing on pro circuits for a living, people think he's a rookie and a pro would drop the 1LE time by a half second or more. Bill is a pro driver, he gets paid to test suspension and handling and he's an engineer so this is his specialty, technically that makes him a pro by definition. The guy has probably got more seat time driving at high speeds than all of this forum combined.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:04 AM   #68
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Apparently quite a few here which is quite laughable. Just because he's not racing on pro circuits for a living, people think he's a rookie and a pro would drop the 1LE time by a half second or more. Bill is a pro driver, he gets paid to test suspension and handling and he's an engineer so this is his specialty, technically that makes him a pro by definition. The guy has probably got more seat time driving at high speeds than all of this forum combined.
EXACTLY.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:40 AM   #69
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
We have heard it all.

1) "They cheated"
2) "If I put the aero and tires on my "Delete DSSV" ZL1 it will run the Ring time.
3) "Its nothing special, just looks"
3) "Bill Wise is a pro driver.
4) "There's no time left in it that matters, even in a pros hands"
5) "If you never turned a wheel in anger on a road course you cant say Bill Wise is an amateur."
6) "ZLE owners are so sensitive, thats why we troll, thats why we hate."
7) "OWWWWW....It hurts my back!!!"

Blah Blah Blah...

When people think amateurs are as good as pros you know what you are dealing with.
Real pros say: "There's levels to this."

"Bill is a pro driver" is factually false
This is not debatable.

Bill is an engineer is a fact.
This is not debatable.

Bill Wise showed that a stock tired ZLE, even in an amateurs hand, can run a Ring time that still brings out the haters all these years later.

Big thanks to Al O, Bill Wise and GM for making this legendary Camaro possible.

CAMARO VS EVERYBODY

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:02 PM   #70
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
We have heard it all.

1) "They cheated"
2) "If I put the aero and tires on my "Delete DSSV" ZL1 it will run the Ring time.
3) "Its nothing special, just looks"
3) "Bill Wise is a pro driver.
4) "There's no time left in it that matters, even in a pros hands"
5) "If you never turned a wheel in anger on a road course you cant say Bill Wise is an amateur."
6) "ZLE owners are so sensitive, thats why we troll, thats why we hate."
7) "OWWWWW....It hurts my back!!!"

Blah Blah Blah...

When people think amateurs are as good as pros you know what you are dealing with.
Real pros say: "There's levels to this."

"Bill is a pro driver" is factually false
This is not debatable.

Bill is an engineer is a fact.
This is not debatable.

Bill Wise showed that a stock tired ZLE, even in an amateurs hand, can run a Ring time that still brings out the haters all these years later.

Big thanks to Al O, Bill Wise and GM for making this legendary Camaro possible.

CAMARO VS EVERYBODY
I'd suggest you look up the definition of the word "professional". In Bill's line of work, he's by definition a professional driver. Just because he's not getting paid to race for trophies does not make him not a professional. His entire career field, training and education relates to the handling and driving of vehicles. If you think that he's not spent a ridiculous amount of time behind the wheel of performance vehicles driving them at their limits, you're being very naive. For arguments sake though, if you want to still claim Bill is an amateur, my original question that you never answered still stands though, are you trying to say that its not possible for an amateur driver to drive as well as a professional?