Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2023, 07:11 AM   #15
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
LOL...does that "Snow/Ice" mode make a difference?
Great color, btw.
Also, not trying to peddle stuff, but since you drive in the snow, I do have the original 18" take-off wheels & tires from mine with under 5K miles if you were interested in a second set to leave snows on for easier swap.
KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 08:03 PM   #16
VTDailyV6Camaro

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1LT V6 10Spd
Snow/Ice does help for throttle control. More manageable take off from a stop.
About your original take offs, how much would want for them?
VTDailyV6Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:09 PM   #17
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I have had the mbrp axel back and x pipe in place of the resonator for about six months , 10k miles, and love it.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:25 AM   #18
KKamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
I have had the mbrp axel back and x pipe in place of the resonator for about six months , 10k miles, and love it.
Excellent, thanks for sharing that. Is it loud? No cabin drone? Any specific reason you went with the X-pipe?
Old 08-29-2023, 01:03 PM   #19
Gen6cyl

I thought I would never change the exhaust on this car, but metal started rattling in the resonator. 3 weeks later got x pipe put on.$180. About 2 weeks later I installed the mbrp axel back, about $ 400.The exhaust makes a loud blast at 2k, which is where the drone is. Above 4.5-5k it rips. The drone was a little disturbing at first, it doesn't bother me now. Letting either window down a few inches gets rid of most of the drone. Has a nice burble . It's kind of loud when you get on it but in a good way.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #20
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Did you looked at the Chevy performance exhaust? It is a pair of mufflers and comes with a tune for your built in noise cancellation.

I agree with a lot of the above posters though, it looks like you have something going on with the Borla that I would work on first.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:42 AM   #21
KKamaro

Quote:
I thought I would never change the exhaust on this car, but metal started rattling in the resonator. 3 weeks later got x pipe put on.$180. About 2 weeks later I installed the mbrp axel back, about $ 400.The exhaust makes a loud blast at 2k, which is where the drone is. Above 4.5-5k it rips. The drone was a little disturbing at first, it doesn't bother me now. Letting either window down a few inches gets rid of most of the drone. Has a nice burble . It's kind of loud when you get on it but in a good way.
Thanks for the detail. I am surprised that you’re getting any drone. I thought those resonators in the MBRP were designed to take care of that.

Or, maybe the OEM resonator that you replaced took care of some of that. Suck that yours started to rattle. I wonder if something could be up with mine, causing sound issues further down.

Thanks again for the firsthand experience. Much appreciated.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:47 AM   #22
KKamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Did you looked at the Chevy performance exhaust? It is a pair of mufflers and comes with a tune for your built in noise cancellation.

I agree with a lot of the above posters though, it looks like you have something going on with the Borla that I would work on first.

-Geoff
I have not looked into the GM exhaust. Could be something to consider.
I agree, I think my fall project will be to take the Borlas off, see if that sound goes away. If so, I may go with simple muffler delete system (hoping the required cuts in the exhaust are the same).
If weird sound is still there with the Borlas off, I guess it’s back to the dealer we go.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2023, 08:42 AM   #23
KKamaro

Quote:

Does anyone know what size pipe for an X-pipe for the 6th gen V6?
Considering Magnaflow Tru-X that comes in 2.25", 2.5", and 3".

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1...t-x-pipe-10791
Old 09-19-2023, 08:49 PM   #24
Gen6cyl

The pipes are 2.25". I think any descent exhaust shop will have a x pipe. The resonator combines the exhaust. I'm glad I took my resonator off that is where the x pipe was put. I am very happy with my exhaust, would not change it. Some people take off the second cats , I would not do that.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:27 AM   #25
KKamaro

Thanks for that info.

Still haven't figured out the cause of the noise but I have an upcoming appointment with a different dealer.

Regarding the exhaust, what I am learning from lots of research is that when replacing exhaust components for the V6, do one of the following:

* When doing a muffler delete, you need a resonator or the rasp will be terrible.
This could mean keeping the stock res or replacing it with a resonated X-pipe.
* If installing some type of axle back muffler system, replace the stock H-pipe with an X-pipe.

After watching several YouTube vids, it seems like the system needs some kind of resonator somewhere or it will just plain sound like crap.

If anyone disagrees/agrees with this, I look forward to comments and advice.

Cheers!