Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #1
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Dealer supplier discount

What is the best route to go on this? Is it as simple as finding a friend that works at an approved supplier and having them set up everything to get an authorization code? Then I can use that discount towards my order as long as the dealer offers it?

How much is this discount usually good for?
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
SCCAVETTE

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_bumper View Post
What is the best route to go on this? Is it as simple as finding a friend that works at an approved supplier and having them set up everything to get an authorization code? Then I can use that discount towards my order as long as the dealer offers it?

How much is this discount usually good for?
They should be able to go into the GM friends and family discount website and put your information along with the car and dealer, it will create a code you take to the dealer. I buy at GMS pricing and it has always been done this way. Keep in mind it is usually just for the person that works at GM or a supplier and their immediate family members.
SCCAVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:21 PM   #3
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I'll add the the person (authorized) had to have purchase a GM vehicle within the last year (or two I don't remember) in order to pass that discount along.

If you're looking to use supplier pricing on a Camaro... the majority of dealers are not honoring it, but there ARE a few out there.

The discount varies depending on the vehicle; there is no set amount.

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed

Last edited by zaimer; 06-30-2023 at 01:38 PM.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 02:53 PM   #4
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
GM Active Employees and Retirees can provide 1 authorization a month for the GM Supplier Discount for Friends. They will need to know the buyers Birthday and their Zip Code in order to obtain the discount. The dealership does NOT have to be involved. The individual you share the discount can receive the discount over e-mail.
rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:28 PM   #5
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS
The Supplier discount is calculated as: invoice + $300.

The doc fee is not locked. Dealer can charge the same doc fee they charge all other customers, or $75 if they don't normally charge any.

You can read the terms as well as go through the build and price tool without having to login to the program website.
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/about-the-discount/
flobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 05:57 PM   #6
BigChubb

Drives: Dreaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiehl View Post
GM Active Employees and Retirees can provide 1 authorization a month for the GM Supplier Discount for Friends. They will need to know the buyers Birthday and their Zip Code in order to obtain the discount. The dealership does NOT have to be involved. The individual you share the discount can receive the discount over e-mail.
How does this process work if the dealership is not involved? Does GM themselves process the payments?
BigChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 06:24 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So much incorrect information in this thread. The OP is asking about Supplier Discount... Employee discount is a different program and a better deal.

I use Supplier all the time and you absolutely have to go through the dealership so they can prove you have an ID or something that proves you work for the company that gets supplier discounts. There is a different site https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ where you can build your own and see the discount. Normally around 3k below MSRP but the higher price the car the bigger the discount.

Supplier can be shared with anyone but as mentioned you might have to have that person provide his ID and the number at the dealership for you. I think the limit is two uses per calendar year.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:27 PM   #8
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChubb View Post
How does this process work if the dealership is not involved? Does GM themselves process the payments?
The dealership will need to have the authorization number when the buyer purchases the car. The dealership does not request the GM Supplier Discount for Friends supplier discount. The GM Employee provides the authorization number to the purchaser who shares it with the dealership.
rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 06:41 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiehl View Post
The dealership will need to have the authorization number when the buyer purchases the car. The dealership does not request the GM Supplier Discount for Friends supplier discount. The GM Employee provides the authorization number to the purchaser who shares it with the dealership.
So the dealership is involved then. They also get audited to ensure those numbers are verified so it will be a little more than just getting a number from a buddy.

If fact just last month my dealer called me for additional ID on my ZR2 purchase because the work badge I used didn't have my company name on it (for security reasons). I had to send them a print out from my work HR system. Dealers have been dinged so many times on this stuff that they have to get the paperwork in order.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:28 PM   #10
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
I used a supplier discount when I bought my car last year, and had to show some proof of actually being an employee of the supplier. My work ID was sufficient.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 09:07 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucaller View Post
I used a supplier discount when I bought my car last year, and had to show some proof of actually being an employee of the supplier. My work ID was sufficient.
Exactly
Old 06-30-2023, 10:55 AM   #12
w.ross

Drives: 94 Toyota Pickup
You can share your discount with a friend or family member for up to 1 year after you use it for a vehicle purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf GM-Rules-Share-Your-Discount.pdf (797.1 KB, 87 views)
w.ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 11:54 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by w.ross View Post
You can share your discount with a friend or family member for up to 1 year after you use it for a vehicle purchase.

That sums it all up..
Old 06-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #14
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.ross View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

That sums it all up..
Yeah, I had previously said this..

Gone but not forgotten: ‘17 Camaro 2SS Yellow 6speed
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote