Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-24-2023, 09:56 PM   #295
DancingJess

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
So is there going to be 2024 different versions of the Camaro? I read yesterday production will stop in January 2024 with only a collectors edition being released.

Sorry if someone has explained this in the thread, haven’t read all the pages
DancingJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:15 PM   #296
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Strange irony when the first nail in the coffin for the modern Camaro was during the return of the 5th gen.
It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it Dick. lol

Damn shame how low Chevy has gotten.

Last edited by Casper the friendly G; 03-24-2023 at 10:15 PM. Reason: jnk
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:23 PM   #297
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
When is Lansing Grand River swapping over to full EV production and what's the plan for CT4/CT5? Do we have an end date for production of those cars?

They will all be retooling back up for ICE vehicle once they find out EV is a total failure...that is if they are still in business.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:41 PM   #298
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCamaro View Post
Wish there was a way to exclude all post with EV in them...
Yep. Administration should add it to the rules list as not allowed. Funny how it's always the same handful of members who you can always bet on to show up and start talking EV's any chance they can and how great they think they are and so on. Funny stuff....
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:04 AM   #299
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCamaro View Post
Wish there was a way to exclude all post with EV in them...
I know... and someone just started an EV thread yet again. I wish this forum and the Harley forum I'm on would create an EV subforum and remove any thread or post into a subforum. It gets soooooo old...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:49 AM   #300
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
Us old dudes appreciate that 2 second difference and the need for speed, we are running out of time over here !!!!!! Also we need to drive that much faster to get to the rest-area to get to the bathroom due to fluid capacities.

Last cop (Alabama trooper last summa) who pulled me over (in SS Sedan) asked "You ARE aware the speed limit is 70, correct?" after i cheerily admitted to 83 (and then to 87) when he asked me to guess how fast he had me on first radar contact. Then he said "what is your explanation"... "I was trying to be reasonably fastest, passing everyone safely." Result was: No citation aside from written "pay-it-forward" warning.
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 07:05 AM   #301
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingJess View Post
So is there going to be 2024 different versions of the Camaro? I read yesterday production will stop in January 2024 with only a collectors edition being released.

Sorry if someone has explained this in the thread, haven’t read all the pages
It looks like the same trim levels will be available with a commemorative edition optional on SS, ZL1 and RS cars. It doesn't look like we're getting a Demon equivalent.

No need to read all the pages.
Big Lou doesn't want DOMD1 to get his car for some reason.
EVs suck.
Some people are tired of talking about EVs.
Camaro might come back as an EV called Panther so maybe the Camaro isn't coming back.
Politicians suck.
We may never see another ICE Camaro with a manual which definitely does suck.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:07 AM   #302
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
Anyone who thinks EV cars will take off is a damn fool. Its sad that GM and Dodge are falling for this sh!t with absolutely no push back against the A-hole clowns in the WH.
Unfortunately, the "genius" of the people in Washington DC keep forcing this stuff down our throats whether we want it or not. Biden implemented an executive order that by 2030 50% of all vehicles manufactured are to be EVs. Not sure how that's a legal order, but that's what he signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang N’ Bang View Post
I kinda just think the collector’s edition is a boring way to send the 6th gen out on, in comparison to what they did for the challenger with essentially a street legal 10 second factory drag car. Chevy could have gone all out and given us a street legal copo with the 632.
I agree!! The 632 COPO was an awesome way to step up the game in a COPO, but a 572 or 632 street car would have been incredible to see. However, given gm and their passion for the highest hp number (sarcasm) I'm not surprised that they only put together a trim package and not something more performance oriented for a final version of the Camaro.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:43 AM   #303
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
Anyone who thinks EV cars will take off is a damn fool. Its sad that GM and Dodge are falling for this sh!t with absolutely no push back against the A-hole clowns in the WH.
And that's why they needed a bailout when Ford didn't.

Say what you will about Ford, but they are a little smarter when it comes to business than GM or Dodge.

EV's are not financially practical, when a low end model costs $40k+ (Not including inflation which right now is running rampant.)

Chevy coming out with an EV Silverado. The price tag is a slap in the face to most people not living on the mid-upper end of the financial spectrum.

I'm one of those people, and I simply cannot afford an EV of any kind. Not for what you get at that price point. And I'm not even talking about performance. Just straight affordability.

The road infrastructure can't support that kind of rip the bandaid off shift in production philosophy.

So when it all comes crashing down, I'll be there to tell people, "I told you so."

There's a reason the used vehicle market does so well. Its a concept none of the auto manufacturers can understand. Your shit is over ****ing priced. Plain and simple.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #304
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
It looks like the same trim levels will be available with a commemorative edition optional on SS, ZL1 and RS cars. It doesn't look like we're getting a Demon equivalent.

No need to read all the pages.
Big Lou doesn't want DOMD1 to get his car for some reason.
EVs suck.
Some people are tired of talking about EVs.
Camaro might come back as an EV called Panther so maybe the Camaro isn't coming back.
Politicians suck.
We may never see another ICE Camaro with a manual which definitely does suck.

its not that, big lou is just a hater and i have some hurdles to overcome and i did not pick up the car, when i had a chance
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:39 AM   #305
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Strange irony when the first nail in the coffin for the modern Camaro was during the return of the 5th gen.
It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it Dick. lol
your right bro, it's not about the marketing, it's about the future and GM (and the car industry as a whole) will miss the mark when it comes to the EV concept and it will be detrimental to the bottom lines because ICE care are not expensive as EV cars to sell and maintain and you think $1200 for a major system failure on an ICE vehicle is expensive, it will be double for an EV, a long time ago some cars were achieving 40+MPG without being a hybrid,(not trying to get political here) Bidens interior department shot down approval for lithium mining in the Minnesota iron range and he said we still need oil for another decade, "come on man"
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #306
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
your right bro, it's not about the marketing, it's about the future and GM (and the car industry as a whole) will miss the mark when it comes to the EV concept and it will be detrimental to the bottom lines because ICE care are not expensive as EV cars to sell and maintain and you think $1200 for a major system failure on an ICE vehicle is expensive, it will be double for an EV, a long time ago some cars were achieving 40+MPG without being a hybrid,(not trying to get political here) Bidens interior department shot down approval for lithium mining in the Minnesota iron range and he said we still need oil for another decade, "come on man"
The battery on pretty much ANY EV is $10,000+ minimum.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:03 AM   #307
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
The power train on most cars Is going to be 10K plus, regardless if its EV or ICE.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 01:13 PM   #308
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastz28 View Post
The power train on most cars Is going to be 10K plus, regardless if its EV or ICE.
Exactly. Also remove the cost of an exhaust system and any emissions devices and it starts to become a wash. Then realize that in today’s economy, the cost of batteries is coming down fast and the technology in them continues to improve range and recharge time (the two biggest problems). At the same time, the cost of ICE is going up due to need for more emissions controls.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote