Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2023, 05:13 PM   #43
GeneRoss

Drives: 14 Z/28 #368 02 SS(sold) 2012 Equus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRowe500 View Post
LMAO! I guess you have no clue.
Ditto. LMAO.
2014 Z/28 #368
GeneRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #44
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
If you’re going to call this progress we’re in deep sh.t
Not really, EV technology improvements are just beginning. People are just afraid of change.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:41 PM   #45
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Not really, EV technology improvements are just beginning. People are just afraid of change.
Not afraid. Just want change for the better, not change for changes sake.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:43 AM   #46
GeneRoss

Quote:
So are ICE improvements.

EV tech has been around over 100 years. The chipsets and resources have grown to expand both platforms.

If you think ICE is going away you're only kidding yourself. They should have developed EVs long ago. The same powers that kept that research away and down on EVs are the same powers that are telling you ICE is obsolete.

Progress is when we have the freedom to choose either one of these power sources based on our needs and applications.

It's abundantly clear this isn't the case in the current moment.
2014 Z/28 #368
Old 03-24-2023, 04:57 AM   #47
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneRoss View Post
So are ICE improvements.

EV tech has been around over 100 years. The chipsets and resources have grown to expand both platforms.

If you think ICE is going away you're only kidding yourself. They should have developed EVs long ago. The same powers that kept that research away and down on EVs are the same powers that are telling you ICE is obsolete.

Progress is when we have the freedom to choose either one of these power sources based on our needs and applications.

Nailed it!! Freedom
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:41 AM   #48
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Not afraid. Just want change for the better, not change for changes sake.
Quote:
So are ICE improvements.

Exactly right. Let me decide what is right for ME. I don’t need big brother or any other entity telling me what to think or believe. I can do that all on my own. EV is going to fail in the scope that it’s being pushed and look forward to watching it happen. I hope GM goes under and doesn’t get a bail out this time around. Coming from a life long Chevy guy.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 11:52 AM   #49
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
Quote:
So are ICE improvements.

I never really thought or said ICE vehicles are going away. I think that technology for EV will grow exponentially compared to ICE vehicles and they will end up being better then ICE vehicles. And probably not to distant in the future.

It is obvious that EV have been around since the beginning of the automobile but they were never developed like ICE and were pretty much abandoned for decades until the late 70s or 80s.

I do not think there is some deep state or whatever kind of conspiracy you may want to call it that is now pushing EVs. MARKET FORCES, SUPPLY AND DEMAND will determine the future of electric cars. IF they end up being better then ICE vehicles you will have the FREEDOM to say: Wow, this EV Camaro blows the doors off of my vintage ICE Camaros. But I for one, while still have my ICE Camaros.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #50
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:28 PM   #51
CamayroZ

Drives: '15 Z/28
Do you guys really think that the Camaro with ICE is dead? Afterall, Ford just refreshed the mustang with the V8, etc.

I am skeptical of the EVs to say the least!
CamayroZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:17 PM   #52
Gouki

Drives: 2014 Z/28
I drive a Tesla Model 3 Performance alongside the Z28. 99/100 journeys CamaryoZ, trust me, you'll rather take the electric car for convenience and on-road instant performance.

Jay Leno put it best, the motor car saved the horse, the electric car will save the petrol car.

Even at Laguna Seca, they've installed a bank of Tesla superchargers.
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:47 PM   #53
GeneRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
I drive a Tesla Model 3 Performance alongside the Z28. 99/100 journeys CamaryoZ, trust me, you'll rather take the electric car for convenience and on-road instant performance.

Jay Leno put it best, the motor car saved the horse, the electric car will save the petrol car.

Even at Laguna Seca, they've installed a bank of Tesla superchargers.
Apples and Oranges comparison.

The Z/28 shouldn't really be driven on the street.

Electric cars don't anything different from ICE. 10 year old M5 has the same usability.

I do like the Model 3 performance version. Pretty sweet. Wish they'd make it look a little cooler though. The styling leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Model S is pretty sleek.
2014 Z/28 #368
Old 03-25-2023, 11:56 PM   #54
GeneRoss

Quote:
I never really thought or said ICE vehicles are going away. I think that technology for EV will grow exponentially compared to ICE vehicles and they will end up being better then ICE vehicles. And probably not to distant in the future.

It is obvious that EV have been around since the beginning of the automobile but they were never developed like ICE and were pretty much abandoned for decades until the late 70s or 80s.

I do not think there is some deep state or whatever kind of conspiracy you may want to call it that is now pushing EVs. MARKET FORCES, SUPPLY AND DEMAND will determine the future of electric cars. IF they end up being better then ICE vehicles you will have the FREEDOM to say: Wow, this EV Camaro blows the doors off of my vintage ICE Camaros. But I for one, while still have my ICE Camaros.
Yes and No. They were developed in other industrial applications, the tech has mostly been there.

Both platforms have grown. Mainly due to the chipsets used to control them and hardness the power. A base model LT1 Camaro can rip 3.6 second 0-60 times now consistently. That was unheard of 20 years ago. That's automation and processing power.

Most people simply cannot afford or have daily use for an EV, PERIOD. That isn't a conspiracy lol. It's forced and not market driven. I'm not gonna go into reasons for why since we're just talking about cars here.

There is no "exponential" growth to EVs. Like they're magically gonna teleport you from NYC to LA in 1 hour. This isn't the automobile making the horse and carriage obsolete type of scenario. It's another car with a different power source.
2014 Z/28 #368
Old 03-26-2023, 12:27 AM   #55
sevvtech
Account Suspended

Drives: Zl1
Its called progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sevvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:24 AM   #56
MIKZ28

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 2004 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevvtech View Post
Its called progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORCED progress not natural progress. There is a huge difference. The government is trying to FORCE a technology we don't have yet, most people aren't ready for and we cannot afford. I love the natural progression of technology.........this is not it.
MIKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote