Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2023, 11:42 AM   #43
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Really? why would any one car about top speed and no Hud is a blessing imo. Top speed is 155 limited because of the all season tire.
I don’t care about the top speed either, but to some it matters. I think the fastest I’ve ever driven is 143 MPH and that was fast enough.

As far as the HUD, I honestly didn’t like it either… To me, it was more distracting than anything else. Maybe I just have a hard time adapting to new things, it’s just second nature for my eyes to want to look down at a gauge cluster. I also prefer old school analog gauges….
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #44
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Really? why would any one car about top speed and no Hud is a blessing imo. Top speed is 155 limited because of the all season tire.
Why would anyone care about a variety of things people like or dislike about sports cars? Top speed, zero to sixty, lateral Gs, plenty of non enthusiasts would argue the same as you, they’re irrelevant.

Matters to me.

Initially HUD was just something that came with the 1LE package and I expected to be indifferent to it. But it’s grown on me to the point I use it almost exclusively.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:51 PM   #45
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
All the track-related options are super important for the track, and track drivers. I fully support the choices and decisions of those that value track features, safely utilizing them on the track.

I will never track my LT1 and don't care about any track-related option. 155mph speed limit as a drawback? LOL. I won't ever drive my LT1 that fast. For me, the base LT1 is superadequate for the street. More than LT1 is not needed in my street context.

What I love about LT1: It's a Chevy. It's a cool looking car. It has a chop top from the factory. It is quick. It stops fast. It corners flat. It sounds great. M6 transmission is fun to drive. It is affordable. It represents everything right about a car according to my preference and need.

Whatever model Camaro someone chooses gets my approval. March to your own drummer, while respecting the differing choices of others.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:36 PM   #46
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
LT1 is a great value and especially if you want a fast good looking car for the street. If you are thinking of tracking one, for an extra $3500 more the 1SS would be something to consider.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:53 PM   #47
pzoom

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE SHOCK
I love the HUD! It’s ridiculous my Lexus SUV that cost almost $25K more doesn’t have it.
pzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #48
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I wanted the HUD because I knew I would be super helpful on the track to optimize your speed on corner entry. But when I drive on the street, it's all I use. Obviously it's not essential, but it's so convenient to know your speed without having to take your eyes off the road. At this point, I would want a future vehicle to have it.

And I don't have the NAV system, but if I did, the directions would be integrated into the HUD, which I have briefly used on a friend's car and found to be very helpful

None of this deters though from the LT1's value. To be able to get a fairly high powered sports car for the price of a Miata, GR86, or ho-hum SUV is incredible.

Last edited by N Camarolina; 03-19-2023 at 05:19 PM.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #49
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Someone mentioned earlier that LT1 does not have launch control. My 2020 has it when you enter competitive mode from sport mode and you get it from there. I guess some later LT1 models don't have it?
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 05:10 PM   #50
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Go to youtube. There are tons of videos of 10spd lt1s putting the smackdown on all sorts of cars.
Probably the best current sleeper in production. Or ever?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:34 PM   #51
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Go to youtube. There are tons of videos of 10spd lt1s putting the smackdown on all sorts of cars.
I doubt there's many doing that on the track...maybe on the strip...and even then, with new tires and wheels...

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:05 PM   #52
david_acm

Drives: LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post

The sleeper part is one of the best parts for me. I was at Sebring this weekend and at one point a couple of guys were standing in front of my car discussing about how they thought it was a V6 but they didn't know what the LT1 badge meant.

We had a great discussion after that since one of them actually had a ZL1 in the same color.
Attached Images

david_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:21 AM   #53
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
The GM Employee discount for an LT1 is around $2.6k depending upon build. $37k MSRP. You do have to find a dealer that accepts it given then inventory challenges.

Richard

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk
rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 08:02 AM   #54
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Someone mentioned earlier that LT1 does not have launch control. My 2020 has it when you enter competitive mode from sport mode and you get it from there. I guess some later LT1 models don't have it?
It doesnt matter, a good driver can always do better with the nannies turned off
Automatic or manual transmission.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #55
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
Chevy has finally brought back the bargain performance package, the LT1. Reminds of the late 80s when a number of companies were offering minimal optioned cars with all of the go fast goodies installed. Why pay more for all of the unnecessary bells and whistles if you just want a fast car? Sure, the LT1 package alone may leave the car a bit more bare than some would like, but other options can be added, at an additional cost, of course. I just want to order the car in it's least equipped form in order to get the 6.2 V-8 at the lowest price. If any of you would recommend a different option code, I'd be interested to hear why...
For me I think the SS looks better and I like the digital dash/HUD as well as the ambient lighting.

Nothing wrong with the LT1. I wish it didn't resemble a V6 as much as it does, but other than that they're a great deal.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:49 AM   #56
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
For me I think the SS looks better and I like the digital dash/HUD as well as the ambient lighting.

Nothing wrong with the LT1. I wish it didn't resemble a V6 as much as it does, but other than that they're a great deal.
The gauge cluster can be swapped out, and reprogrammed, if one desires. The cost is minimal compared to a cluster swap on a base Mustang GT to get the digital cluster from the 401 package group. I will probably do it at some point.

I was also of the belief that the SS front end was much better but the more I look at my LT1, I am liking it allot more. The only thing that bothers me about my LT1, that most people don't even think about, is the lack of Brembro's in the rear.
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote