Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #1
ralfabco

Drives: Jeep, Wrangler
Newbie ZL1 1LE 23 - order

Thanks for permitting me to join the forum. I am interested in special ordering a 6MT 23 ZL1 1LE, from a large freeway Chevy dealer. The dealer said over the phone they will sell the car for MSRP with no additional fees - aside from standard TTL.

It is possible the dealer will take my $1000 refundable deposit and let me sit around and wait for months with a 1000 order code status. The salesman claimed eight customers at the dealership are still waiting, for a 22 allocation - kind of late to the game. The salesman mentioned I would be first in-line, for a 23 allocation. We did not yet discuss what will happen with the other eight people who are waiting, for a 22 ZL1. Perhaps the group of eight will be given the opportunity to move over to 23 orders - ahead of my potential allocation/slot.

**Should I place several refundable deposits with three or four large Chevy dealers and wait for Chevrolet corporate to provide an allocation to the dealer and accept my order, for a 23 car?

Happy to wait nine months +, for the delivery, of a 23 ZL1 1LE. The idea with multiple deposits, is to avoid running around during the Spring of 23, to find an allocation which will be built before the Camaro line is shut down, for good.

Several 22 buyers ended up with nothing due to supply chain issues and dealers who promised cars and never had enough or any allocations, to begin with.

Please let me know, if you have any advice when it comes to ordering a car. Thanks for reading the post.
ralfabco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:45 PM   #2
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
You should probably revisit with a dealer that has allocations or check with Joe here in the forums.
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #3
ralfabco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
You should probably revisit with a dealer that has allocations or check with Joe here in the forums.
How do you know the dealer has a genuine allocation for 23 and I will not sit with a group of eight others?

The dealer accepts your deposit and the 'buyer' sits at 1000 - the order has not yet been accepted, by Chevrolet corporate.

I believe I read on this forum the 23 ordering guides will not be released until the third week of April 22.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfabco View Post
How do you know the dealer has a genuine allocation for 23 and I will not sit with a group of eight others?

The dealer accepts your deposit and the 'buyer' sits at 1000 - the order has not yet been accepted, by Chevrolet corporate.

I believe I read on this forum the 23 ordering guides will not be released until the third week of April 22.
I have posted this before. This may help you. First and foremost, 23 ZLI/1IE are going to be difficult to get for numerous reasons and with the GM supply chain, parts, chips , wind down of the ICE Camaro you get the picture. You will need to contact several dealers for that specific allocation. If they say they have it. Do this. You can ask them to show you their Shipment report(next 60 days of Allocations), and show You their Final placement by week report, Show You their present preliminary order request report. On the Dealer DOSP system left hand corner is where their Allocation number is indicated. Ask them to show it to you. If they won't or don't, then you might have a better idea whether they have one. Finally get an workbench order with everything written out on what you ordered and an order number with and signed off by you and dealer with OTP. Let's us know.
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #5
ralfabco

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
I have posted this before. This may help you. First and foremost, 23 ZLI/1IE are going to be difficult to get for numerous reasons and with the GM supply chain, parts, chips , wind down of the ICE Camaro you get the picture. You will need to contact several dealers for that specific allocation. If they say they have it. Do this. You can ask them to show you their Shipment report(next 60 days of Allocations), and show You their Final placement by week report, Show You their present preliminary order request report. On the Dealer DOSP system left hand corner is where their Allocation number is indicated. Ask them to show it to you. If they won't or don't, then you might have a better idea whether they have one. Finally get an workbench order with everything written out on what you ordered and an order number with and signed off by you and dealer with OTP. Let's us know.
Thank you for the information.

I assume the known allocations will not apply until the 23 ordering guides have been released and the 23 cars are available to order.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:37 AM   #6
DooIt

Drives: 21 SS 1LE M6 Red Hot
That’s gonna be a tough car to order as mentioned above. ZL1 and especially ZL1 with 1LE has been heavily constrained over the last few months.
DooIt is offline   Reply With Quote